How do I know when my z's are "broken in?"

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
I decided to give L. Slugger a try, with all the talk about the z2000. I bought a 27 RI z2000 el usssa and a 28 oz. Z2000 RI el usssa. They have very good pop out of the wrapper, but I see people saying after xxx hits, their z was "fire."

Every other brand I have swung, the bats' sound or feel changes when it breaks in. I know the z is designed differently. With that said, is there a "tell-tale" sign when a z reaches only "game status?". Will the sound or feel of the bat change?

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
They don't really web or zipper so its hard to tell visually, you will hear a distinct sound change however. Once you get that game swings only! She only has between 50-250 swings left

donovan106

Yea, out of the wrapped the bat sounded very metallic/tingy on contact then after about 50-75 swings it sounded like a regular Z.

Playr4

Coach
Try hitting the Z with the wrapper on for about 20 hits. Put another 20 swings on it with the wrapper off. Then you will notice a different sound.

The_Natural

Weak Glove
A few of my Z's hit game only status out of the wrapper. But you will hear a slight change in the sound. That's when you'll notice a difference in performance.