How do you remove pine tar from a bat?!?!

flapjaxx

Watch your shins!
Received a bat in trade recently, and there is a crazy amount of pinetar all over the bat. Anyone know how i can remove it?

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Spray starter fluid. seriously. Or krud cutter. Goo gone xtreme works as good as starter fluid spray but will take the clear coat off your bat so beware.

flapjaxx

Watch your shins!
Ok, i will try the spray starter fluid first. Do I leave on a bit, or scrub immediately?! Thanks for the help guys

djwtp

minnesota nice
Use goo gone and a little elbow grease.why use something that will take the clear coat off the bat.

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
wd-40...it removes stickers and vinyl wraps...it works great. way better than all the other stuff listed above.

speedyq

Addicted to Softballfans
Nail polish remover and a rag works great.....Might upset the wife a little when she needs it and its gone I just act like I don't know what she is talking about lol

bomb_dropper

Addicted to Softballfans
Goo Gone, or in a pinch, lighter fluid. Anything that's mostly kerosene.

You don't want to use acetone/paint remover/nail polish remover because it's too aggressive.

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
Nail polish remover and a rag works great.....Might upset the wife a little when she needs it and its gone I just act like I don't know what she is talking about lol

Yes but if she's in a mood that night and nagging you about it, you can say that you'll go out and get it for her. That way you're out of the house, take your time buddy!:D

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
A green scrub pad dishsoap and really hot water with some elbow grease and it'll all come off .

Stevesjr

Addicted to Softballfans
Brake cleaner spray but not sure i it will mess up the paint used it on a tps triton handle came right off