How does the DC-41 Feel

My NSA league is now only allowing bats with the 2012 NSA stamp. My brother's OG DC Psycho and OG Recoil (Endloaded) are now useless to us. Is the DC-41 similar to these bats? I haven't swung any newer Miken's so I'm pretty lost right now. I'd appreciate any input as I don't feel like playing the bat roulette game.

The DC-41 I'm talking about is the one in the link below.

http://reviews.softballfans.com/bat.php?v=Miken&id=495

bird25

34/30 Club #25
The bats you are describing are 1 piece, if you like that feel get a newer izzy psycho.

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
^^ Good point. I'll look into them if the DC-41 doesn't work out.

Nice, I haven't swung any newer models so I'm looking forward to it!

Will confirm, DC41s are fire. ASA and Utrip swing about the same, I dont notice much of a difference between them, to be honest. I've heard ASA takes longer to break in, but both came out of the wrapper hot as can be.

Another good question is, which balls are you guys using?

dlang00001

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the white DC and currently swing it for u-trip. Great bat. You wont be disappointed.
Have not swung the ASA DC-41, but plan on picking one up for asa.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
How is a DC41 compared to a Freak 30? Freak 30 seems to be the bat to swing now, which is hard to believe considering how hot the DC41 is.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
My DC feels much more endloaded than my F30. The Freak 30 almost swings light to me; also the Freak 30 is a shorter barrel, so if you're not used to a shorter barrel it will be a difference.

I prefer the Freak 30, but that's just me and you can't go wrong with either.

-G

Freak 30 is a shorter barrel and most tend to think they swing lighter as Mr. G said. Less end load as well. DC has the 14" barrel and bigger end load. Both bats will smoke all the balls, so just choose the one that fits your swing better.

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
My DC feels much more endloaded than my F30. The Freak 30 almost swings light to me; also the Freak 30 is a shorter barrel, so if you're not used to a shorter barrel it will be a difference.

I prefer the Freak 30, but that's just me and you can't go wrong with either.

-G
I've heard that as well. Couple guys tell me my 27oz DC41 swings like a 28 or 30, but it feels perfect to me. I hit 28 balanced, or 27 with an endload, and it feels true. That said, this is my 4th DC41, and the only difference is this handle feels stiffer, like the 13/14 1 piece DC41s.

I had a Utrip, sold it, and have ordered another new Utrip DC41 to replace it (solid it to a guy at a tourney for more than I paid brand new). My ASA DC41 is hotter than any ASA bat I've ever hit. Reminds me of hitting my OG Synergy with the old 44/375s at about 60 degrees. Except, I'm hitting 52/300s in the humidity and heat. Thing is just nasty, and the Utrip is as hot, or maybe even hotter on the classic Ms.

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 28oz red knob DC41 and it feels heavier then my ST100H and CL22 in 28oz. The CL22 and DC41 have the same amount of hits and the CL22 is winning so far. But the ST100H...well yeah we all know about those.

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
Weighed my 27oz DC41 today, 28.6oz. Completely stock, except I took leather grip off and replaced it with hockey tape and covered the tape in Tiger Stick Grip enhancer. Can't imagine there is a difference in weight between the two grips. So yes, DC41 does swing (and apparently is) about an ounce heavier than its supposed to weigh.