How does your team utilize subs?

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
Say for instance you're playing in a usssa tournament and fully expect to play 6 to 8 games.

You have 12 people.

Are you playing 10 in the field with 2 EHs, 10 field and 10 bat with 2 subs, or some other combination? and why?

And let's just assume the team is fully sponsored so this was not a pay to play situation.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
Last tourney we started hitting 12 with 2 EHers. Once we got into the late games in the tourney, best 10 hit and played with subs at the ready.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
We usually bat all 12 to start with, we typcially have 12 guys who can bang, if someone is having a bad tourney we may only hit 10 or 11 as we go deeper. Also we have a couple guys who are not the fleetest of foot, if the tourney doesnt't allow runners we are more likely to have one guy (usually our coach) sub so he can run when we really need it. We run a 5 man so batting 12 allow us to have a rotation in the outfield to give each guy a couple inning off in the field so they can stay fresh.

-Six-

Weiner
i would bat all 12. Like what rhound has goin. You keep them in the game head wise and if someone gets hurt they just plug right in.

whogotz

dilligaf?
no solid forumla for tournaments.
my team has batted 12 - hit a collective 695 - and gone 1-2
we have hit 11 - hit a collective 600 and won

its all about who hits and having solid defense.

also very hard to make sure no one gets butthurt

jd81

Manager
Always keep 1 on the bench for tourney's. Somebody always seems to come up lame and if every body is batting you will get the auto out if dude can't swing the bat.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
sick burn. i would truly put my head in my ass if i looked at all like you.

Damn bruh....I was joking...u know all lollulzomgroflmao....damn u sensitive

I get laid by the ladies, u know I'm in charge, both how I'm livin and my nose is large

Bubaloo

Manager
I only have ten roster players because I've played on teams with 15 and it's retarted.
I only bring subs when I'm short a roster player. Always play ten.
We have won 3 tourneys out of the last 5 playoffs

jf2k4

I only have ten roster players because I've played on teams with 15 and it's retarted.
I only bring subs when I'm short a roster player. Always play ten.
We have won 3 tourneys out of the last 5 playoffs

So what do you do when someone rolls an ankle?

Tournament over?

Bubaloo

Manager
On call. Pretty large list of players. It's also never happend knock on wood
Probably take an auto out if need be. The odds are less it happends then me needing a guy on a bench.
Ill let u know after this weekend we have our ice breaker lol

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
On call. Pretty large list of players. It's also never happend knock on wood
Probably take an auto out if need be. The odds are less it happends then me needing a guy on a bench.
Ill let u know after this weekend we have our ice breaker lol

You must have some guys that are pretty flexible with their schedules to have people on-call during a tourney. It seems to me just carrying a couple subs would be the easier thing to do...

-Six-

Weiner
This is all "what if" scenario. you all making me break it down like i do this every weekend and ****. bring ten guys rolls an ankle. What am i supposed to do take an out??? yeah right.

jf2k4

Or if you're in a back to back games someone gets hurt in game 1.. and 2 hours away from home.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
Or if you're in a back to back games someone gets hurt in game 1.. and 2 hours away from home.

^^^This. Having subs on-call rather than on the bench would pretty much prevent you from playing anywhere further than 45 mins from home.