How end loaded is a redline c-core?

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
The question is in the title. How does it compare to the Raw Steel, Paycho, or anything in my sig? Better yet, anybody got a balance point on a 30oz Redline c-core? Not a Sunbelt Dan Smith.

And are they actually any good? They were all the rage in baseball when they came out. I've hit the non-cored Sunbelt version and it was a turd even for a single-wall. It dramatically failed to equal a powerdome. If the cored versions had a thinner wall though, they could be good. I've always been curious. They were the closest thing to a double-wall before DeMarini, and certainly had a following.

Last edited:

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
ok, ok I gotta ask. WHy concern over a bat that is old.....................................nevermind, just saw your sig.

Bat will not beat out the metal you already have. Its been years since I swung one but I did not notice much of a EL.

Weights in the middle of the barrel, nothing like an endloaded white steel. Theyre pretty good, better than the c500 dan smith sunbelt, as they flatten out much faster being they lack the sig scandium alloy of the c and z cores, but you have a springsteel outlaw, so dont bother hunting one down unless its a freebie

rta24

Addicted to Softballfans
They were actually pretty end loaded.Those Mother Load end caps weighed 2 to 5.5 ozs. depending on bat weight. Buddy had a new 30 back in the day, it would smoke blue dots.... before the inevitable cracks appeared...

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Weights in the middle of the barrel, nothing like an endloaded white steel. Theyre pretty good, better than the c500 dan smith sunbelt, as they flatten out much faster being they lack the sig scandium alloy of the c and z cores, but you have a springsteel outlaw, so dont bother hunting one down unless its a freebie

I sold the Springsteel Outlaw. I never really liked it, but I'd give just about anything for the 32 oz Outlaw Powerdome I saw a few years ago.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
They were actually pretty end loaded.Those Mother Load end caps weighed 2 to 5.5 ozs. depending on bat weight. Buddy had a new 30 back in the day, it would smoke blue dots.... before the inevitable cracks appeared...

5.5oz in the endcap would certainly be nice.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 28oz ST7-Z connexion that was super end loaded, and a tank. It was an absolute turd, but the endload was glorious. I wish I had a 30oz. If the ST1-Z is equally endloaded, that would be pretty awesome.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I had a 28oz ST7-Z connexion that was super end loaded, and a tank. It was an absolute turd, but the endload was glorious. I wish I had a 30oz. If the ST1-Z is equally endloaded, that would be pretty awesome.

This makes me very :(:(:(

Had a st1-z plyr model that was a 26 shell with a 6 oz cap that was stolen. Best metal bat this side of a ti.:(:(:(