How Long has your Equipment been in play?

Feddy

Star Player
Seeing the other thread about a 20 year glove made me wonder how long you have been playing your current glove and bat.

Myself, I've been playing the same Louisville TPS glove since the mid-90's, and it's still going strong after 15 years or so. I can't imagine ever changing, it just feels right whenever I put it on.

The longest bat I've had in play is a 2001 Demarini Doublewall Distance that was bought new, and is still being used by a couple guys on my team. It's shaped like a stop sign, but still have some pop in it. That bat has to have at least 4K hits in it. I usually carry two bats at one time, and tend to get 3 years out of them.

JP667

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a Mizuno glove when I was 10 yrs old and used it up till last year when I bought a glove smith and retired the mizuno after 26 yrs and its still in great shape.

Dogue

Evil Genius
I still use my old Louisville Slugger H&B glove sometimes, I think I got it in the late '80s.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
my infield glove is the first glove i ever bought for myself, i purchased it when i was 10 i believe, so that was 17yrs ago. thing is i only played one year of ball, it was brutal and boring, so it was really used for all 17yrs. though my brother did end up 'borrowing' it for the next 4yrs or something, i didn't really use again until i was 18 playing my first year of slopitch

bought my OF glove 3 years ago, still use it obviously. cleats generally only last 1-2 seasons if i'm lucky. i've been using the same bat 80% of the time for the past 2yrs.

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
My current two gloves (1B mitt and Rawlings trap) are going on their second season. Before that, I had a temporary Nike glove for a couple of years and before that a Rawlings that I had used since 1991. So figure 17 years or so on the first glove and then a change to a crappy glove and hopefully another 15 years on the two gloves I have now.

My bat (Freak Plus) has been in service since 2007.

rsantos1779

Starting Player
Current
Glove for the last year (Helix)
Shoes Boombah (9 months and am looking to replace soon)
bat Freak (september 2009)

Prior
Glove 10 years (some one stole it, only reason i had to replace)
Bat Mizuno Crush (love that bat)

Side note just got new Catchers (MIZUNO) mit to catch my son pitching

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Well, I got back into softball in 2007 after a 7yr hiatus, so a lot of my stuff is newer. I did use a Worth glove for about 10yrs before buying a new OF glove in 2007 and a new 1B mitt in 2007. I've been using my AV since 2009 in my ASA league. This is only my second year in NSA ball, so I've only used my PM Virus for two years.

Nickelnutz

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I said in the glove thread, I got mine used from my uncle when I started playing softball when I was around 18 and he had it for a quite a while before that. I'd say it's probably 20+ years old. Used to swing an old aluminum bat until this year playing slingshot that was close to that old too.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I am on my 3rd glove in 25 years. I have a couple bats about 20-25 years old I bought new, but my current gamers are about 2-1/2 years in.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
All of my current equipment is new this year, with the exception of my glove. I had a very nice Mizuno 1st baseman's mit in 1995 & after a looong triple header, drunkfest, I guess I forgot to get it back into my bag. Never saw it again. So the Rawlings I now have was bought in '95. It still has yrs left in it.

skitz

Addicted to Softballfans
I got my Louisville Slugger gloves back around 01' and if i try an use a different gloves it feels weird!

jesseb

E Ball Hero
I've had my glove for about 3 months and my bat I've been swinging for about 7 months or so. Cleats, batting gloves bag, all brand new this year as well

joeytown008

Manager
i have the been using my current glove (brown easton black magic 12'') for the past 6 years, i bought one at 17 loved it, had 5 years on it left at a tourney after having a few too many, found 2 more of the same style and picked them up. The second is still in the closet almost game ready. I just don't like the feel of any other glove, even the newer models of the glove i use now. And i can't find this glove anywhere.

Bats, i just broke my og techfire last month i bought the fall it came out, and my og red evo blew up the last game of last season after 5 or 6 great years with it.