How many of you remember your 1st

Softball.com:

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Played this past Saturday and seen a guy hit his 1st over the fence HR, man he hit the ball and took off like a bat out of hell he did not stop running even after the 2nd base told him it went over and his team yelling out you hit a HR.
When he reached home he had a shock look on his face that turned into a big smile. This brought back memories of my 1st over the fence HR during a game, I hit a pop up to CF which I thought it was going to fall right into CF glove but it didn’t and cleared the fence. All I remember is my team saying ….. About damm time! And yes I had a big smile on my face also.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll let you know when it happens :(

I've banged the fence a few times with my dba in bp, but never hit one out. Never came close before so I'm excited for this season!

-Six-

Weiner
I dont remember the circumstances, but for some reason i was mad and swung outta my shoes. closed my eyes had little tears welling there too. Got lucky and hit it solid. Sprinted the whole way around the bases.

Felt like a dork. Team asked where the hell that came from.

rocketman98

Starting Player
I have yet to hit one. I have been trying to for the last year. I am getting close, have hit the fence several times.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I'll let you know when it happens :(

I've banged the fence a few times with my dba in bp, but never hit one out. Never came close before so I'm excited for this season!

I have hit a lot out in BP and never in games, that is why my team said ..... About Damm Time. :cool:

blldwg23

Coach
The biggest thing I remember is the feeling of the swing and all. It felt just like taking a smooth practice swing, don't even feel the ball hitting the bat and boom it takes off.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I dont remember the circumstances, but for some reason i was mad and swung outta my shoes. closed my eyes had little tears welling there too. Got lucky and hit it solid. Sprinted the whole way around the bases.

Felt like a dork. Team asked where the hell that came from.

This happened to a teammate of mine last year, his daughter pissed him off duing the game and his next at bat he killed the ball and then look over at her. After the game I told him to make sure she comes to the rest of the games. :rolleyes:

Lord7

Banned User
I remember your first lame thread. And now I remember your second one. This is old news bud. Use the search function, there are tons of these same threads.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I remember your first lame thread. And now I remember your second one. This is old news bud. Use the search function, there are tons of these same threads.

Dont be mad tard7 cuz I had your thread moved to where it belongs. :D

low0r

The Veteran
I was mad. Growing up in baseball, I hit my fair share of home runs. So fast forward to my first ever softball season and go the entire season without hitting one. Each game goes by and I get a little more upset. I get so close but never goes over. During the playoffs of that first season, I finally hit one. Looking back, I should have been thrilled, but instead I thought to myself 'about freaking time.'

Lord7

Banned User
I'll play along. I remember my first homer and it actually came in the last at bat of the first game I ever played back in 2008 with a Miken 585 Maniac. After I hit it, I was like dang this is kind of an easy sport. Then I hit about 250 more over the next 5 years.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I was mad. Growing up in baseball, I hit my fair share of home runs. So fast forward to my first ever softball season and go the entire season without hitting one. Each game goes by and I get a little more upset. I get so close but never goes over. During the playoffs of that first season, I finally hit one. Looking back, I should have been thrilled, but instead I thought to myself 'about freaking time.'

I hear you and just like a lot of players will tell you most of the time you will hit one when your not trying and this has come into play with me a lot.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
My first was an inning ending out and offensive ejection. It was early in the morning, humid, and damp. I saw the ball go over the fence as I slipped on first base and fell flat on my face.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I'll play along. I remember my first homer and it actually came in the last at bat of the first game I ever played back in 2008 with a Miken 585 Maniac that was shaved and endloaded. After I hit it, I was like dang this is kind of an easy sport. Then I hit about 250 more over the next 5 years over our 265 foot fence park

See L7 that wasnt that hard was it ? But I fixed it for you. :D

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit my first homer with a Demarini F3. I lead off the game and it went dead center. It was a while before I hit another one like that though. I was on second before it cleared the fence

sleeping bear

Extra Hitter
I have only hit one and I absolutely remember it! I did the airplane around the bases and had a pretty big smile on my face the rest of the night. I'm very new to the game and as a lefty have become a pretty dependable base hitter but I hope as the year progresses that I will be able to put everything into a swing and still hit the ball.

ChillyBaller

Psalms 54:4
my first one was when i was 22 years old playing out in cali with my Bible College. I hit it and thought it was a double but it went over the fence by about 1 inch. it was also opposite field. that was the first and last time i've circled the bases on a homerun.
Now its hit, watch and jog back to the dugout or in some cases its a fence hitting single :D

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember mine. It hit the top of the fence and rolled over. I'd been pushing 275 or so all season with a Ultimate Weapon and picked up my 26oz J2 in time for the playoff run. The HR was a solo shot in the 'ship.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I don't really remember mine but I'll tell you about my good friend. My friend and I would go BP alot during the week, as he just got out of the Army and I was active Air Force. So I would 6am to 3pm and then go hit 3 or 4 times a week. This guy was really small, probably 5'8" 150lbs. He tried so hard to hit one out ever BP session. I would give him pointers and he eventually got to the point where he was 1 hopping the fence and occasionally hitting the bottom of the fence. It was particularly fun to BP with this guy because he looked up to me so much when it came to softball and when he would pitch to me he would get so excited about some of my hits. He was a good confidence booster and a good friend.. So finally one day I felt really bad and I threw in some Evil 44 575's to hit and kept it a secret. So he went first and I tossed him some of the evils, he hit the top of the fence the first hit. He was so pumped and I pitched him another and he hit a liner that just cleared the fence. I still remember to this day the look on his face... He was just, happy. Then after what felt like forever of him just staring at it, he took off!! IN BP... I started laughing as he rounded first heading for second. He ran all the bases and then off the field and to the ball. He ended up keeping that ball as a souvenier. I kind of felt bad to boost his confidence with the evils but, he doesn't know the difference. Anyways, that's my friend David's story.

I really miss my buddy David.

EDIT: I believe he was swinging my 27 oz Duo at the time too.

Wolvlt62

Addicted to Softballfans
The first i ever hit was technically a DBO, but it felt awesome and bad at the same time. My actual first homer felt great since I just started playing for a new team. Ran to first watching the ball the whole way, then touched first and jogged to the dugout. From now on I hi t them and jog to first, it's nice to know now when you get one and you don't have to run.

FatBoy28

SBF is a cruel Mistress
1999. The fences looked a little short and appeared tantalizingly close. I was trying too hard and struggling. I decided to just focus on making a good swing and just hit it hard. LC looked to be playing in so I figured I would try to hit it over his head. I knew I hit it solid and thought it might have a chance to go over his head. I was a bit surprised to watch it fall on the other side of the fence. Next at bat was a no-doubter. I knew as soon as it came off the bat and didn't even have to look. Second game of the DH I dead pulled one down the left field line. I didn't think I hit it all that well and was saying to myself "fall in, fall in" as I was running to first. 1B coached was waiting to high-five me, still scratching my head over that one going out.
Had to retire the bat after that game, it wasn't round any more. I think it was an Easton redline, not sure though.

To make a short story long, I had never hit an HR before and hit 3 in on DH. One and only time, still haven't hit more than one since.

Last edited:

rocketman98

Starting Player
I'll play along. I remember my first homer and it actually came in the last at bat of the first game I ever played back in 2008 with a Miken 585 Maniac. After I hit it, I was like dang this is kind of an easy sport. Then I hit about 250 more over the next 5 years.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY :D

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
My senior year, me an a buddy shared time in the OF an i wasnt suppose to play this game but he ended up quieting the team so i got the start! my first at bat hit a hard line drive cleared the fence by a ways....came up my second AB an i was nervous as **** thinkin to myself wouldnt it be sweet if i hit back to back well sure **** i did the same thing! came up my third AB and hit one to the warning track! prolly my coolest baseball experience

Summer before freshmen year, got a fastball up in the zone. Line drive to LC.

For softball, was using a Bombat my dad had from the 80s/90/. I think that one went LC. Was my 2nd season of softball, 2009 or 2010. Not sure.

cyoung187

Coach
I don't remember my first, but a teammate of mine is starting to get some power and has hit 3 out of the park now.... but not a single one has counted. All were after we used up our HR limit, so they were DBOs. We are waiting for his first that counts.