how many swings out of a og stadium

RNappy20

Addicted to Softballfans
i just took my wrapper off friday night and put about 150 swings on it since then. it changed sounds but i cant see any webbing or anyting. it is hitting the ball really well for being that new. just wondering how many swings i can look forward to getting out of this thing. and should i put it in the bag soon or is it ok to put around 4 or 500 till i put it away.

RNappy20

Addicted to Softballfans
this is good to hear. i get kinda scared when it changes sounds and gets as hot as it is so quickly. i have had bats, not demarini, that break in 100 swings. kinda sucks. but if they last a long time i will keep swinging it until it get just stupid and put it in the bag. kinda needed a bat i could bp since i think my vx2 isn't going to last as long cause that thing is just stupid and it only has about 100 swings on it.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
this is good to hear. i get kinda scared when it changes sounds and gets as hot as it is so quickly. i have had bats, not demarini, that break in 100 swings. kinda sucks. but if they last a long time i will keep swinging it until it get just stupid and put it in the bag. kinda needed a bat i could bp since i think my vx2 isn't going to last as long cause that thing is just stupid and it only has about 100 swings on it.

sounds like you just aren't used to using good bats:p

seriously though, stadium is durable, and from my experience so is the vx2. i mean if you absolutely mash and use rocks, you might not get the same life out of them, but generally speaking they perform well and last thousands of hits.

TRaj2327

I had two last summer that last 2000-2500 with a mixture of balls. That seems to be about the norm. Some last longer but not too many see more than 3000 on average unless your swinging at mush.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't get too impressed too early. They hit a sage around like 500 swings where you will think it's dead. Then about 300 swings later, it wakes back up and is fire. Dothedew23 is underestimating his swing count. It's really at about 6000 swings.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
i just took my wrapper off friday night and put about 150 swings on it since then. it changed sounds but i cant see any webbing or anyting. it is hitting the ball really well for being that new. just wondering how many swings i can look forward to getting out of this thing. and should i put it in the bag soon or is it ok to put around 4 or 500 till i put it away.

swing it

2K +

RNappy20

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah i am no masher by any means but i do hit it pretty good. We use a mixture of balls in bp from **** asa balls to launch 650. It should last awhile Im going to keep swinging it and see what happens. If it breaks its not the end of the world. I just cant wait for it to open up more if i am going to get that many swings out of it. The only bat i have even had is my og cnt+ and its about 3000 hits and absolutely spits fire. But i also had it tested for the first time a couple weeks ago and it tested at 165 so i can really swing it anymore. Glad i got me a good bat. Swung worth for a long time and i have broken them in one tourney before. These demarinis definitely got me thinking that i have been using the wrong equipment so far in my softball career. I might be changed for good.

S20

DeMarini Rep
Yeah i am no masher by any means but i do hit it pretty good. We use a mixture of balls in bp from **** asa balls to launch 650. It should last awhile Im going to keep swinging it and see what happens. If it breaks its not the end of the world. I just cant wait for it to open up more if i am going to get that many swings out of it. The only bat i have even had is my og cnt+ and its about 3000 hits and absolutely spits fire. But i also had it tested for the first time a couple weeks ago and it tested at 165 so i can really swing it anymore. Glad i got me a good bat. Swung worth for a long time and i have broken them in one tourney before. These demarinis definitely got me thinking that i have been using the wrong equipment so far in my softball career. I might be changed for good.

Good decision!! :cool:

TRaj2327

Sorry to say it, but you have. They've gotten even better over the years too IMO. ;)

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans

Just swing the damn bat...

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit very hard. Mostly gold dots. But an occasional rock. The OG stadium has lasted me well over 2000 hits. Also, you will start to see some funny webbing, even a crack or two will form. Don't fret. All of my Stadiums had shark teeth around the end cap and taper and long cracks in the barrel and still hit like it was in its prime.

Mild Sauce

Won't Cheat

Truer words have never been spoken. LMAO

B48FE6FB-7575-4CB9-A744-C7B0F372EB85-9375-00000908D52EA5C7_zps46adc0f1.jpg

B7F35FA5-6206-4BAC-B9DB-A02551631ACF-9375-00000908BD98657C_zpsa1b0c904.jpg

These vertical cracks were there when I got the bat, I have probably put 250 more cuts on it with no change to it. When it blows, will it go all at once, or will the cracks start getting bigger? Sorry for the size of the pics, I can't figure out how to resize them.