How many swings

g_lightning

Addicted to Softballfans
We've all heard about how pre abi bats are tanks and have great durability.

My question is: What's the most swings you were able to get out of a bat before it exploded?

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
My 20BW has 3000+ right now and still going, thats the most I've ever gotten out of any bat

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
2,800 with my CL22 right meow
It was around 2,000 with my 2013 BJ Fulk

These were the only two bats I've really kept up with hits on. I also have a Z3000 with 225 and a 454 Balanced with about 400 that I'll be tracking.

Rega17

'MERICA
I've had a j2u that would never bust. swung it year round against every ball and used it for team bp. sold it to a guy i went to school with a year ago and it is probably still going.

g_lightning

Addicted to Softballfans
My addition to this list is my og extended that I've had for years and put an untold amount of swings on

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 100h with 5k swings on it that's still going strong. Had an old stamp 20bw that probably went 3500+ before it cracked.

ninerniner

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got an SCN5 with 5000ish swings on it that just cracked. Passed the clicking stage and basically just wobbles freely. Thing was crazy.

Last edited:

Toad_1

I can't hit
SCN-9. 5000+ since May of 2008. Still going strong with only field rash. Slight clicking and still ticking.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
We've all heard about how pre abi bats are tanks and have great durability.

My question is: What's the most swings you were able to get out of a bat before it exploded?

Syn 2 bought new first day it released. over the next 5 years it had 5k + before it was stolen.

stepup

Coach
I've got a OG NRG that is somewhere around 5,000. I swung it in BP until around 2,500 and now it gets swung by anyone who wants to swing it. That thing is spitting fire.

LBB_82

Master Craftsman...
estimation on how much he takes BP, BTW it was godsfavorite32... still passed the compression test

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Obviously these are rough estimations but it's easy enough to round by 1000's if you know how much you've BP'ed + games + everyone else who swings em. I don't really f around with different bats in BP so the swings on my favorites add up pretty quickly

10k plus easily on my Yellow Catty, the bat would never die (until it did, rip)
3-4k on 3 separate JH120's (RIP, RIP, 3rd one still going)
ST100 has a minimum 4k on it right now

stepup

Coach
We played in Cherokee last weekend in the ironman and there was a guy swinging one of the Blue JH120 Mutants that had to have had way over 5,000 swings on it. There was no graphics what so ever on it and when he would get to the plat he would have to **** it like a shotgun where it would telescope when he dropped it. That bat sounded like a freaking cannon when he would hit the ball. If you didn't know the colors of the bat there is no way you could have told what bat he was swinging.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a utrip Combat Pure that lasted over 2500 with 44/400 or harder balls.