How much does a new ASA bat really help?

Adower

Star Player
I am currently using a easton bat that is at least 10 yrs old. Just starting playing softball again have been doing a lot of reading about the new bats and how hot they are.

Even with this 10 yr old bat I can hit one or two hoppers to the fence (300 ft fences) if I really tag it. Would I really gain much by picking up a FU Dawg, Miken, Easton, ETC?

-Six-

Weiner
Depends what old Easton you got.

I hit my first homer this year. But I mainly attribute that to swinging right handed bats right handedly, instead of hitting left handed as a righty always. But I really like that right field line. The home run from my right handed hit may keep me swinging that way though.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I am currently using a easton bat that is at least 10 yrs old. Just starting playing softball again have been doing a lot of reading about the new bats and how hot they are.

Even with this 10 yr old bat I can hit one or two hoppers to the fence (300 ft fences) if I really tag it. Would I really gain much by picking up a FU Dawg, Miken, Easton, ETC?

Depends on which Easton you have, and which balls you are hitting.
That being said, the Combat ASA only bats, the Demarini J3 asa, and maybe the FU are outstanding. the pop off these bats will make you go out an buy on after you see one in action.
You never know till you try one, though.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
A 10 yr old ASA Easton you say? It does depend on which one & the ball you are hitting, but I would bet the answer to your question is "Yes!"

Adower

Star Player
I bought a FU Dawg and am just waiting for it to arrive. We use the .44 balls I believe in my league but I'm not 100% sure. The guys were talking about getting the newest balls next season. I'm not sure which easton it is. It's so old that most of the graphics are scratch or smudged off.

Adower

Star Player
I bought a FU Dawg and am just waiting for it to arrive. We use the .44 balls I believe in my league but I'm not 100% sure. The guys were talking about getting the newest balls next season. I'm not sure which easton it is. It's so old that most of the graphics are scratch or smudged off.

Adower

Star Player
A 10 yr old ASA Easton you say? It does depend on which one & the ball you are hitting, but I would bet the answer to your question is "Yes!"

I'm not sure its even an ASA approved bat. We have a super small league here and they don't even check the bats. We literally have trouble getting four teams for a league. One the fields doesnt have a outfield fence:eek:

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
The FU is a great bat. I loved all 1300 hits w/ it. It finally broke & I am trying something else. But the FU DAWG is a solid choice.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

Dude....photobucket!!!

now you have my interest up.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I don't know......I use older ASA bats and seem to hit the ball just fine....My current gamer is an ASA Helmer from 3 years ago, but my tourney bat is an OG Flex.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
I don't know......I use older ASA bats and seem to hit the ball just fine....My current gamer is an ASA Helmer from 3 years ago, but my tourney bat is an OG Flex.

if this bat is 10 years old, it could by a synergy but its probably a connexion, zcore, redline, or trishell or even older. my money is on it being a black magic.

a bat today will be head and shoulders better than any of these