how to call out a team for shaved bat

cdizzle1986

Addicted to Softballfans
like the title says, we have a team this year that picked up a couple players. in doing so they got a few new bats, mayhem and a z2000. all but 2 of the players use those 2 bats thats it. all of the sudden the entire team has 30-50 ft more distance on their swings. got a lil choder bout 5 ft , not built and never hit one that rolled to the fence that hit one out. we still spanked them, (they are awful) but wonderin if there is a good way to call them out without pissing them off. i dont think most of them even realize the bats are shaved. big fear is our pitcher gettin rocked with one.

any help or way to point it out to them would be great

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
Most leagues and rule books allow you to swing any bat that is on the field of play...this means theirs...grab it and take some hacks...

That Z2000 is a hot bat in general and sounds like a gun shot when hit well.

cdizzle1986

Addicted to Softballfans
kj13, you must not have read my post fully. we spanked them. they haven't beat us in 2 years. there is def no crying. simply asking a question.

cheee

Diamond Dawg
Honestly there is gonna be no way of doing something about it without pissing someone off. In my league if we suspect a altered bat or a bat that wont pass inspection we put a $25 deposit down on the bat we are questioning. They take it and go in and test it. If it passes the bat owner gets the $ and the bat goes back immediately. If the bat fails its tossed from the league. Now remember if you do it and its just broke in well you are gonna cause a $ hit storm among teams and players and your own bats. One of your bats may be the same so be ready for yours to get called out. Now if your serious about shaving and the well being of people in the field then do it. Just my 2 cents

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
5 ft and not built?! no way he is getting one out. Definitely cheating, call him out mid AB next time. Way to "spank" em bro

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
Most leagues and rule books allow you to swing any bat that is on the field of play...this means theirs...grab it and take some hacks...

That Z2000 is a hot bat in general and sounds like a gun shot when hit well.

Most leagues and rule books?

I would say that a few do, unfortunately I have never seen 1 in my 25 years of playing ball.

bigsmooth13

Manager
5 ft and not built?! no way he is getting one out. Definitely cheating, call him out mid AB next time. Way to "spank" em bro

Your comment is obviously without much thought. Spoken like a true "E" recreational player....or rec league co-ed All Star!

cdizzle1986

Addicted to Softballfans
never meant to cause a **** storm . just was asking a question. I appreciate the help. Don't like seeing anybody get injured my team, or any other team. So again thanks for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
We have 2 teams in our league that swing shaved sticks but really there is little that can be done. I have no issue with someone complaining about it because it is such a huge advantage. It makes a great hitter a God....a good hitter great....an average hitter good.....and a below average hitter average. We have guys that play on a team that we have crushed for years. Our team has gotten better but now those same guys are hitting lasers all over the place and hang with us now and even beat us. While I like the competition...it is BS. If we swing glass....we crush those guys but instead, we just don't care really. We had a tournament where they tested bats and suddenly, they can't use their bats and they are below average again....

For someone to say "you are crying about it" is most likely swing them too or just aren't competitive. I have no problem getting beat physically but bats should not decide the game. If our team swung glass....I'd like our chances against anybody we play at our level anywhere......

xZACKx

Addicted to Softballfans
being a member of SBF there is only one thing to do when it doubt about any situation, hit middle!

cheee

Diamond Dawg
You should learn how not to cry . These threads drive me insane .

Pot meet kettle, god forbid you have a discussion on a softball forum related to a softball situation. Yes its been asked over and over. Who gives a ****. Its a forum board. Im sick of reading posts from trolls like you "crying" & being smart asses cause someone wants to dicuss a topic. Go to craigs list **** face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubaloo

Manager
Having a shaved bat does not making the team god. U still need skill.
I play against them every fricking night. Reason I know is my buddies are in the league and word gets around.
Is what it is. I think the performance on a shaved bat is over exaggerated. Yah it sucks and I'm not defending them but Christ if ur winning then there the ones that look like chumps

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
Just having average skill and a shaved stick can change the game in a huge way. When guys that cannot hit HR's hit them...it is a huge advantage. We actually beat these guys 98% of the time but those bats are keeping it close. There was a guy in town that had all these shaved bats and he brought them to the park one night when we were hitting. Every bat he has was shaved and they hit like Ultras. The impact these bats make are not exaggerated by any means....they make average players better than average.....players don't change like that...sorry....

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd feel guilty if I ever used one in a game....just hitting with them that night was so telling and made our bats feel like garbage and they are pretty good bats.....

Bubaloo

Manager
i think the phrase is its the indian not the arrow.
they still have to hit square, they still need to make proper contact, they still need to not pop up or miss hit.
yes if they are good hitters already they will have more speed on the ball, but if they are good hitters anyway its hard to tell shaved bats from stock. because they people swinging have talent.
ive seen some guy just crush the ball with stock eastons.

and honestly unless you can prove they are shaved, you cant really say they are swinging shaved bats.
its happends alot. my team stomps teams every night. we are 10-1 so far this year, usually 25-5 or so scores, and its always about how we must have cheater bats and whatever. its silly the way the sport has gone. when your good haters gonna hate.
we dont have cheater bats, we have 6 guys that played rep ball growing up that have mechanics and huge power. but we here about it constantly.

also i play out law and it is exagerated. i have no more trouble with guys swinging ultras and whatever else feilding in those games. you just get used to playing good ball.
ask the league to check them and prove its actually shaved first. compression text i dunno. but dont assume.

spos21ram

The Legend
How can a team being accused of shaved bats be awful? They must be hitting some pizzles if you think their bats are shaved.