How would one go about

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
731DA0E5-FE41-4480-A261-08513D7BDF38.jpeg obtaining one of these? This glove is gorgeous! What’s the word on these....are they as good as they look? I know Dirty 30 uses one in his “how to” re-lacing videos, looks like a solid glove! They look expensive......how hard are they to get?

@eviladams @dttruax , I’m sure you guys know!

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Evil is a good source. Mr Truax hasn't been in the glove game for a while. Make friends with someone in Japan. There's a guy on here that offered, could work out. There's also a guy on IG that says he can get stuff from Japan. I know Allen Lin is on here, he'd be my #1. Hell, he might even have one. Ha.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Swallow sports ships to the US. Might find one on Rakuten.
Yeah I’ve been snooping around, being the huge Mizuno guy you are, I should have figured you’d know some of the Japanese sites!

Just, and I mean just had a young man from our church who wants to be a missionary come home 4 or 5 days ago, he’s been in Tokyo for 4 months, never crossed my mind:rolleyes:

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Good stuff. As is with any Japanese market gloves, they make rubberball and hardball gloves. Leather is superb in both, internals aren't as firm in rubberball gloves. Don't have any hands on with Kubota. Yet.

JCglovesUSA

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the single post version.

I got it through a business contact in Tokyo.

The hardball models are not cheap. Mine was $450.

The gloves are nice, but the laces are not the greatest.

JC

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I have the single post version.

I got it through a business contact in Tokyo.

The hardball models are not cheap. Mine was $450.

The gloves are nice, but the laces are not the greatest.

JC
So I know it would be cool to have / own the brand name as it's a odd, rare, and great looking Japanese made glove. In your opinion is it worth the extra money and hassle / inconvenience (?) to order one of these over a $300 custom Rawlings or Wilson?

I'd love to see a pic of yours, post it up please......

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
There is a guy at Swallow Sports who speaks English really well and he responded to my emails. The process was pretty easy.
IIRC:
KSG - baseball
KSN - rubber ball

Kubota Slugger gloves are best known for the infield gloves and I was afraid I'd spend $450 on a outfield pattern that wasn't big or deep enough for softball (KSG-SPT). But man, I wanna visit this store!

http://dennisamith.com/2017/04/27/the-one-about-kubota-slugger/

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
There is a guy at Swallow Sports who speaks English really well and he responded to my emails. The process was pretty easy.
IIRC:
KSG - baseball
KSN - rubber ball

Kubota Slugger gloves are best known for the infield gloves and I was afraid I'd spend $450 on a outfield pattern that wasn't big or deep enough for softball (KSG-SPT). But man, I wanna visit this store!

http://dennisamith.com/2017/04/27/the-one-about-kubota-slugger/
Thanks Rous, I looked at that last night. Let's hop us a flight and take a big bag of money over there! Simple supply and demand over here, of course of all people.....I don't have to tell you that!

Jchap

My buddy had an infield hardball model. It was outstanding leather and craftsmanship. Pattern was typical Japanese, very shallow and flat.

MaverickAH

My buddy had an infield hardball model. It was outstanding leather and craftsmanship. Pattern was typical Japanese, very shallow and flat.

Very shallow & flat as it pertains to its original purpose, which is baseball or very shallow & flat as it pertains to softball?

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll drop $250 if someone works this out. Looking for 12.75 lefty.
Check out the red Mizuno pro Fred has for sale. He'll probs work on price with ya. If it's your style, you won't regret it. I recently picked up the same glove but rht and it's phenomenal

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Caught the last couple of innings on the MLB network of the Japan All-star series last night. Japan, down by two in the ninth scored four runs to win by two:rolleyes:.

Of course I was mainly interested in the gloves the Japanese All-Star players were wearing, I spotted Under Armour, Asics, and Hatakeyama. Man, it's really hard to spot a glove logo / patch on a moving player especially when you're not all that familiar with those gloves! I think I yelled at the TV for the 2B, SS, and the 3B to be still:D