HR derby bat

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
I know the whole use the search function thing is going to happen but i have searched and not much definitive info.

I am looking for a bat to pick up for an HR derby on july 8th. I'd like to get another lady but chances on that are low i know. So im looking to the combatants for some honest opinions. I have played with some of yall so yall know i need as much pop and distance out of a bat as i can get.

Centenarian, Comabatant, Other senior bats, what ever.

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
If you can your senior bats then I would probably pick one of them. I have hit the Gray snake da bomb and it performed pretty well. Can't speak for any of the other senior bats

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
combat-ana_lge.jpg

/thread

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
If it's only for a HR derby.....shaved OG Ultra :D

Seriously, you want/prefer a soft or stiffer feel? Gear Technology?

i prefer a softer feel I swung #10kipps GSR and have had a OGGV and SBGV-RI. The SBGV-RI was the only one i was comfortable with after after about 350 swings on it

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
There is someone trying to trade an Assualt in the selling forum

You look Canadian so it should be a good match

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
If you like soft, go with the Gray or Red Senior, or the Centenarian.

For you, I'd recommend the Red (you like shorter barrels, if I remember correctly).

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
There is someone trying to trade an Assualt in the selling forum

You look Canadian so it should be a good match

But as a us marine some people i know may not like that

If you like soft, go with the Gray or Red Senior, or the Centenarian.

For you, I'd recommend the Red (you like shorter barrels, if I remember correctly).

Thanks HH. I looked on the snake the reds are out of stock. ill look around and see if i can find one. If i cant find one a 13 in barrel will be fine.

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
You playin in the beast next weekend? If so they are having a derby as well

Yeah ill be there saturday and sunday. if my team makes it to monday i wont be there. i leave for my 2 weeks of annual training on the 30th.

I dont normally swing in this one because i know many of the guys swinging in it and even with a lady i would stand no chance.

the one on the 8th of july is for the Casey Bohr Memorial Tournament on the 9th. he played on my team for 3 years until he died in a car wreck in november involving a drunk illegal immigrant. some combatants put a team in the tournament we had in december. the date was moved to july this year because thats when his birthday is.

this was the first Studded Out tournament ever in march of '08 hes the big guy in the orange hat.
ncrdablross is all the way to the right in the kneeling row
#10kipps is the guy Casey has his arm around

studdedoutfirst.jpg

Last edited: