I dunked my RV..

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
So when i first got this glove, i thought it had potential but knew it needed a lot of work. I loved the leather, and actually liked the look of the hindged single post web. I had to put new inserts in the pinky stall so it could hold the shape of the glove i wanted to achieve (flare.)

After all that was done i really tried gaming it, the fingers are short, the web was stiff as a board. No real pocket was forming, so i considered selling it.. Then i remembered watching mike's (dirty30) video about dunking the glove and figured it was worth a shot.

So i kept it simple, dunked the glove in hot tap water for a minute and then took it out, got all the excess water out and went to work. I beat the pocket up, stretched the finger stalls, used my mallet, the whole 9..

The glove really did form to my hand and developed a GREAT pocket, with zero extra weight added. Once it dried out (an hour ago) I put wilson pro stock over the entire glove and now i cant wait to use her tomorrow and get her in a game.

Here are some pics!!

wb9cid.jpg

Now if only my arm could heal..

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm debating on doing rhis to me glovesmith as well. I've done this to a number of gloves.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I might try dunking my Wilson XL.
this is stiff as hell, and I need to open up the finger stalls in her.
Too Tight.

I will report back
F

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
My RV23 was 24 1/2 oz and my GS 1225 is 24 5/8 oz (on the same scale). But the black GS leather tends to be more heavy duty than the wheat. I wouldn't be surprised if a 1225 in black would be 27 oz.