Need Help I feel it qualifies but you tell me.

rzamboni

The Veteran
I posted a bat for sale and understandably since I don't have any feedback as a seller the guy interested in it asked me to ship first. I did not feel comfortable with doing that so I did not do it. We then agreed on a price and that the bat would be shipped after payment. He continued to ask me when I could ship it and I again advised I would ship it as soon as payment was received. He then said he would not be able to paypal till thursday (today). So I told him, I am going to feel out other offers but if still available I will let you know. Yesterday I told him it was still available after he basically begged me to hold the bat for him. He pm's me today that something came up can't do it today. I feel this qualifies as a "beware", any input?

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
nah, you passed on holding the bat for him when you told him you were going to feel out other offers

rzamboni

The Veteran
Even tho, I agreed to hold it for a few days after he begged me to? It just seemed shady that he wants me to ship it first but does not have money to pay for the bat.

Mpat15

Manager
Definately nothing to see here, once you 'feel out other offers' or even mention it, as a buyer I would be moving on and spending my money elsewhere.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Sometimes the stars are just not aligned for a deal between two parties. Being new, maybe other party is fairly new or has had issues so you don't want to ship first. Compromises have to be made or the deal just doesn't happen. Forcing that square peg in the round hole there is going to be friction on one or both sides. Unless they are someone you are friends with or at least have some friendly history with, it is best to keep it curt and if they really want it they have to make it happen. Better to irritate them right off the bat and be done with it. Lesson learned.

Joker

I posted a bat for sale and understandably since I don't have any feedback as a seller the guy interested in it asked me to ship first. I did not feel comfortable with doing that so I did not do it. We then agreed on a price and that the bat would be shipped after payment. He continued to ask me when I could ship it and I again advised I would ship it as soon as payment was received. He then said he would not be able to paypal till thursday (today). So I told him, I am going to feel out other offers but if still available I will let you know. Yesterday I told him it was still available after he basically begged me to hold the bat for him. He pm's me today that something came up can't do it today. I feel this qualifies as a "beware", any input?

Even tho, I agreed to hold it for a few days after he begged me to? It just seemed shady that he wants me to ship it first but does not have money to pay for the bat.

wait wut?

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
I think op is saying he told the buyer he would feel out other offers but THEN after he begged agreed to hold it for him until today when he stalled payment again.

Joker

guys agree on a price
buyer says i can pay thursday
seller says i won't hold it and will keep fielding offers
seller says its still available on thursday
buyer has moved on

not buyer beware. both moved on after the initial negotiations fell apart

i also see nothing in the op where the seller said he would hold it

rzamboni

The Veteran
I apologize, not everything copied over when I pasted it in the dialog box. After he begged me to hold it for him again I did then he said he could not do it again today.

RODOJR13

Addicted to Softballfans
Buyer may have moved on or may have been stalling to make it to the next payday (I've had this happen and it is shady), and you shipping first would have given him time to get the money. Either way stalling is a bad practice and pisses people off if they miss another opportunity, so I feel you there. He may still want the bat but he missed the dead line so I would just move on. If he gets back to you and wants the bat give him 30 min. to send PP or just tell him to piss off, your choice. Working a ship first deal with GTG buyers is a great way to build your own rep. Make sure buyer has great feedback, check itrader and feedback section.

rzamboni

The Veteran
I was writing that on message on the split screen option my phone n copy and pasted but apparently not everything copy and pasted.

rzamboni

The Veteran
Thank you RODOJR13. I have written it off as a waste of time. Only reason I inquired about this is because I don't want this guy trying to f&*% others over as well.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
It happens bud. Unless someone has a crap ton of feedback or you know him, don't hold a bat. First person to ask for paypal is the one that should get it.

Joker

what exactly were you copying and pasting from? you write it up somewhere else then copied it to here?