I just received word my league is going to league bats

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I've never experienced this before.

Do they usually opt for high end bats, or am I going to be seeing Cyclones and Hammers?

I really don't mind, as this league is work related and costs me $20. I'm just there to get some fresh air and hang with coworkers.

Cags

Star Player
I think it depends on the league. Some leagues use league fees for the bats. Some don't. My guess would be some last year models that will be minty if not NIW.

Markous

The Rookie
I don't think Cyclone's/Hammers would make it through a season. I'd say Cags probably spot on. Last years or the year before and mostly Easton.

ODP218036

The Veteran
Our local league did this about 4 years back and although they might have lost some teams, the Hit My Stick format has been great. League also provides the balls.

No more complaining if middle is hit.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our local league did this about 4 years back and although they might have lost some teams, the Hit My Stick format has been great. League also provides the balls.

No more complaining if middle is hit.

Probably way less douches too.

We have a tourney here that's bat provided and i didn't care for it, but league i wouldn't mind.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
League bats are the best. Doesn't matter what they are. This way you know everyone is swinging clean.
The league I play in that uses league bats uses the Ultimate Weapon.

BadgeOfPride

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't worry about the make/model of the bat, hope they provide your weight. Every time I've seen this before, the league only provided 26s.

blakcherry329

Don't worry about the make/model of the bat, hope they provide your weight. Every time I've seen this before, the league only provided 26s.

The few times i've played in a league like this, the leagues had 26-28s. They should have at least one of each. Guys that swing 30s should just have to adjust, no biggie.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was my problem in the tournament. They had 4 bats for both teams I think, but they were a weird mix of models and weighting. I think it went 26 bal, to 27 el, then everything else was heavier. The stock grips were fairly slick by this time too, and I didn't want to put spray on if nobody else wanted it.

blakcherry329

That was my problem in the tournament. They had 4 bats for both teams I think, but they were a weird mix of models and weighting. I think it went 26 bal, to 27 el, then everything else was heavier. The stock grips were fairly slick by this time too, and I didn't want to put spray on if nobody else wanted it.

Geez, you're high maintenance:biggthumpup:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very funny. There's a very big difference between a 26 bal Super Z and a 27 el whatever model that one was. They were all TPS.

The thing that weirded me out the most was that I put my bat weight on one of my bats and was about to walk out to the on deck circle and the ump said, don't walk out here with that bat unless you want to be ejected. I thought he was joking and started laughing and my team grabbed me and stopped me. I then proceeded to lose my bat weight because I had to take it out and put it on their bat and blah blah blah, and then forgot it. :D

ODP218036

The Veteran
Probably way less douches too.

We have a tourney here that's bat provided and i didn't care for it, but league i wouldn't mind.

Funny you say way less douches, because now that I think about it, your right, most of those guys went to play in leagues where they could continue to use their potato launchers and be the league hero's :)

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Shouldn't matter what bats are used. Level playing field, no matter what.

I agree. As a matter of fact, I hope they use hammers and cyclones.

Get this: I found out the league will be buying one 26 oz and one 28 oz bat per team (still no confirmation on what bats they will be). The catch is that each captain is responsible for their own bats.

That doesn't weed out cheaters unless you use crappy metals.

If the captain wants to alter the bats, he still can.

THESHOE

Starting Player
That's too bad.

There's 2 sides to the coin.

One of them is, the team should be allowed to collectively put the work in, break them in etc.

The flip side is the open ended cheater thing.

Sounds like the solution should be Mizuno No Doubt. :thumb:

Get this: I found out the league will be buying one 26 oz and one 28 oz bat per team (still no confirmation on what bats they will be). The catch is that each captain is responsible for their own bats.

That doesn't weed out cheaters unless you use crappy metals.

If the captain wants to alter the bats, he still can.

mcmurton

Addicted to Softballfans
I have played in leagues that supplied bats before. Best setup was each team provided one bat NIW at league meeting and then local sports store supplied previous year models NIW. In total there were 20 bats various models and weights.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I'm not sure of the storing arrangements, but we'll be getting Eastons. An L3 and a B4. One will be 26 and the other 28.

What's the difference between these?

I've never experienced this before.

Do they usually opt for high end bats, or am I going to be seeing Cyclones and Hammers?

I really don't mind, as this league is work related and costs me $20. I'm just there to get some fresh air and hang with coworkers.

don't you hate it when the song cuts off right in the middle??

i don't like anybody telling me what song to listen to and when.

I'm not sure of the storing arrangements, but we'll be getting Eastons. An L3 and a B4. One will be 26 and the other 28.

What's the difference between these?

L3 is an endloaded 2 piece and a B4 is a balanced 1 piece. They will be decent bats, but unless they have a ton of swings they will be a touch behind the best bats from other companies. Still, a good swing with those will have no trouble putting it out of a 300 foot field.