If a new SP125 was made...

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
There have been lots of thoughts and opinions so far, and the one thing that seems to be consistent is that a Saddle Tan model does seem to be popular. Walnut was mentioned, but more seem to be in on the ST thinking, and I'm sure the two leathers are quite similar.

I suppose a determination would need to be made still on welting, embroidery and logos, but the real and most important question to answer is, who is willing to buy a ST SP 125?

I am in.

I'm in. In my opinion we need to go classic on this, just like the original. I don't care if it's split saddle tan welting or split grey. It has to be classic logos and yellow stitching. The a2000 embroidery on the finger can be either black or yellow.

jethrodub

Coach
I'm in. In my opinion we need to go classic on this, just like the original. I don't care if it's split saddle tan welting or split grey. It has to be classic logos and yellow stitching. The a2000 embroidery on the finger can be either black or yellow.
I completely agree. ST with split and classic logos is my vote. I would vote for black A2000 over yellow, but that is no deal breaker for me one way or another.

Junior_SD

Manager

I'd also be in and agree but I do also like the mock up Woody did with the black laces and welting. ST would be the way to go, IMO the SP125 is the perfect infield glove and even though I'm a Rawlings guy I much prefer the SP over the 504 and JD.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever way it goes, whether it is OT, ST, or Blonde we need to do matching split I think. The OG SP125 just looks nice and classic with the matching split welt.

Joker

this with no grey welting and yellow stitching/logo/A2000

sp125_part_deux-jpg.36465

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Another option...Contrasting welting color with dual welting always looks pretty busy to me, so I lean towards matching the color of the shell. Replacing the saddle tan lacing and stitching also looks pretty great.
GIDQEEHXOMM-back.png

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Vintage Tan is what SB posted. Only A2K leather - that would be minimum 60% pre-sold to pull that one off!!

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I was also told if we do a new SP125 we could also do a different color on the fingers in between the welting. Now some have commented how contrast welt is distracting. The different colors fingers may be overboard. Just throwing it out there.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Finally had a chance to read the thread.

While I like ST, the quality of the retail ST isn't as good as the retail OT. The PI ST I have is my preference but we know they won't use that. I was very satisfied with the OT quality on the first batch. While it's been nice to play around on the glove builder to try out new leather looks, I always draw back to what I've felt off the retail shelves (OT just has a better quality feel). I don't know if we got lucky with the first batch but that was literally the best quality I have seen on any retail A2000 (they weren't flimsy or thin like many retail gloves I have handled). So what needs to be decided on is whether we want looks over feel (although it can be argued that OT has both looks and feel).

But whatever color is decided, make sure it is pro stiff.

xtragears

I first didnt like the ST look but I am liking it more and more. I also think the picture and colour of the ST and white doesnt really do justice on screen. I am in for ST and white for sure, or anything with a ST.

jethrodub

Coach
I keep checking back waiting for the pre-sale thread...

I feel like there has been enough support for a ST version to be made, but maybe not quite enough. I hope that this ends up going through.