Infinity Tech

ShortYellowBus

Carl claims he expects to sell, in 2024, bats that can go as low as 230 on a compression tester, then magically reload to 275, thus never dropping and failing testing.

Thoughts?

IMG_0562.jpeg

ShortYellowBus

The only way to make bats “cure” over and over is to use an adhesive alternative that is malleable and that can withstand the constant pressure applied to it by batted balls.

I’m thinking he’s using RTV.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Speculation on Reddit is that it's a replaceable inner barrel. I have two questions: How much extra is he going to charge for this? And what is his definition of "life of the bat?" In a reply to that facebook post he says it will be guaranteed to pass compression for the life of the bat.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
apparently you have to send it back when it fails compression and then they do some magic to it and send it back and it will then pass again

basilray

As always, I'm curious, but skeptical

My M1 Torch is never going to die (especially playing USA like 4x/year these days), so if it's not UTrip, I'm less interested.

ETA: Just read through some of the comments, and he's saying it's for all bats...in 2024.

ShortYellowBus

Replaceable inner barrel idea is stupid. It’s a restrictor, not a performance enhancer. The outer barrel creates the performance, and the fib keeps it from breaking. Good batters know the tech isn’t perfect because it’s only good for slow swing speeds.

The only way to bring compression back up in USSSA is to use a barrel that cures itself repeatedly.

Easton self imposed a ban because the bat sales went down. They were too durable.

History is about to repeat itself.

basilray

Replaceable inner barrel idea is stupid. It’s a restrictor, not a performance enhancer. The outer barrel creates the performance, and the fib keeps it from breaking. Good batters know the tech isn’t perfect because it’s only good for slow swing speeds.

The only way to bring compression back up in USSSA is to use a barrel that cures itself repeatedly.

Easton self imposed a ban because the bat sales went down. They were too durable.

History is about to repeat itself.
From what I saw Carl say, the first "restoration" is free, and there will be a charge beyond that. So there's some potential income beyond the initial sale, but it's all speculative until more details emerge.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't believe anything Carl says, but will laugh if utrip rescind all approvals for monstas and he is back to ASA only.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Not buying it, besides this has been floated out there for 3 years now. Changing an inner sleeve is possible in the linear designs, that would be the last inner section of the shell. This used to be done on early Mikens, people would use air pressure to blow out the inner most part of the bats core on ultras and put it in ASA bats. That is a possible thing but with this guy who knows. I say its a new batch of shrooms and he hasnt figured out the dose yet.