injury question

littletxfarm

Team Grizzly
I was just hitting like normal in a tourny this weekend, and I am a right handed hitter, and something on my left side kinda under my ribs in the area where your floating ribs are, it popped or snapped and then extreme pain and swelling in that area. Has anyone had this happen before? Have any idea what might have happened. It popped when I swung the bat.

I'm thinking torn cartlage or maybe a torn muscle, but just curious if anyone else may have experienced something similar

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Teammate had this happen in the spring. He's in the medical field as well. Waiting for his text. He said it hurt like a birch tho.

littletxfarm

Team Grizzly
Teammate had this happen in the spring. He's in the medical field as well. Waiting for his text. He said it hurt like a birch tho.

Hurts bad, and ended my day. I was hitting 1000 for 3 games then after this, I couldn't swing anymore at all.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
His was a pulled abdominal he said. I forgot what it's called but it's almost like turf toe but under your floaters.

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
With a pop or crack it could still just be a pulled muscle or tendon/ligament. Since it happened during a swing it is most likely a pull/sprain/torn something, and not likely a broken or fractured bone. I'm not a doctor, but sometimes I tell girls I am. You can trust everything I say.

I took a line drive to the face this weekend and it doesn't even hurt anymore, you definitely got the worse injury it seems.

littletxfarm

Team Grizzly
With a pop or crack it could still just be a pulled muscle or tendon/ligament. Since it happened during a swing it is most likely a pull/sprain/torn something, and not likely a broken or fractured bone. I'm not a doctor, but sometimes I tell girls I am. You can trust everything I say.

I took a line drive to the face this weekend and it doesn't even hurt anymore, you definitely got the worse injury it seems.

My face is too pretty to get in front of a ball :D

littletxfarm

Team Grizzly
His was a pulled abdominal he said. I forgot what it's called but it's almost like turf toe but under your floaters.

Yeah, this could be a pull I suppose. Its definitely right around the floaters area. Hurts to touch but really just sore not like I would expect a broken bone to feel like, but coughing is a ***** and I been phlegmy all day too.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
We had a guy do just what I suggested 2 summers ago. He pulled the same muscle on the opposite side. A week later he looked like he had been hit with a bat on both sides. Giant bruises.

littletxfarm

Team Grizzly
We had a guy do just what I suggested 2 summers ago. He pulled the same muscle on the opposite side. A week later he looked like he had been hit with a bat on both sides. Giant bruises.

dang man that sucks bad. I think I can arm swing without engaging my body much and just poke the ball. I actually did that in the last game of the tourny this weekend. Hurt like a bish, but I got on 2 out of 4 times.

My side is swollen a little but I don't see bruising yet.

Coonass

Addicted to Softballfans
Good thing is its not your appendix or gall bladder they both on the right side.....take some time off and relax

littletxfarm

Team Grizzly
Good thing is its not your appendix or gall bladder they both on the right side.....take some time off and relax

Thats great advice except I run the team and most likely have to play tonight and Wed(since I been having trouble getting more than 10), and a have a huge 3 day tourny next weekend too.. Argggg