Injury thoughts/opinions

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
I did this when I was 17, thought it was broken but severely sprained. Took 2-3 months before I was running 90% on it. Unless you have some kind of miraculous healing ability or it's not as bad as you say I seriously doubt you'll be able to play in two weeks.

Took around 4 months before I was running again when I did this. Stay off it as much as possible. I wasn't able to other than weekends, and it definitely hindered the healing process.

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
Have you spoken with an orthopedist or a PT?

Without knowing the extent of what you did, you run the risk of some serious permanent damage.

i talked to the guy u referred me to...gorms.....he has given me a lot of info, we have been PM'ing back and forth, i asked him if acupuncture is smart/good idea, waiting on his response.....if he says no, i wont do it

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
... Forget worlds this year. You'll only cost your team at best. And you might just make your ankle worse. ... Did the samething on a patch of ice 2 years ago, and it took almost 10 months before I was 100% again.

Generally if you can't walk on it you can't run on it. ... I'd ask your doctor for guidance. ...

... two weeks is not enough time to heal something you cant put weight on right now....live to play another day.

Severe sprains are worse than broken bones. Good luck, but it will be a long time before evrything you tore up in your ankle is back to %100.
I've done what you've done. If you play ...

Best case: you play and won't be an asset to your team and regret it.

Worst case: you re-injure it early and triple the severity and rehab time.

Go ... and enjoy being a spectator.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
i talked to the guy u referred me to...gorms.....he has given me a lot of info, we have been PM'ing back and forth, i asked him if acupuncture is smart/good idea, waiting on his response.....if he says no, i wont do it
Cool. I'd definitely wait to hear from him before going. If you want to talk to an orthopedist, I can get you the number of a friend of mine (but I guarantee that he will tell you not to play without knowing the extent of the injury). If you need Gorms' number, let me know.

Smart man here.

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
Cool. I'd definitely wait to hear from him before going. If you want to talk to an orthopedist, I can get you the number of a friend of mine (but I guarantee that he will tell you not to play without knowing the extent of the injury). If you need Gorms' number, let me know.

Smart man here.

pm me gorms # i wanna text him to make sure this is ok before going.....

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
You're screwed brosef. Hate to say it. There's no quick way out of a sprain that severe!
If you want to get the swelling down though, wrap the piss out of it and wrap fairly snuggly up your calf and even up to your mid thigh. This will help push the fluid out. But unfortunately you prob won't play!

bartmanz

Addicted to Softballfans
are you just looking for that one person that says "yeah i think you're gtg to play" so you can motivate yourself to play with injury?

seriously, as big as the game is and as much as you want to play, it should be a no brainer decision.

i second this quote

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
are you just looking for that one person that says "yeah i think you're gtg to play" so you can motivate yourself to play with injury?

seriously, as big as the game is and as much as you want to play, it should be a no brainer decision.

i second this quote

i just got the acupuncture.....worked pretty good....i am able to stand and took a few steps....im just keeping the faith that i can be about 75% by next thursday