Insane U feel

mihklo

What is it most comparable in feel to you?
Is it stiff/flexy?
Barrel soft/stiff?

Anyone swing the freak 12 or 30 along w the insane that can give me a comparison between feel?

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll get back to you. Good ol' Ohio got reintroduced to winter today lol I haven't been able to BP much. I used Freak 12s non stop last year. Absolutely love them. But I am considering switching to DeMarini. No particular reason, I just always need a change. I have an Insane U, had about 50 hits on it and was pretty nasty. Hard for me to really compare to the Freak tho. From my limited experience tho I would say stiff compared to a Freak 12, but soft barrel for a DeMarini. I felt a little more feedback (not awful at all tho) from the InsaneU than I do when I square it with my Freak...I am really interested to see how it continues and I am SUPER interested in the Flu-2 exclusive. I've never hit a flipper, but I am super curious....

mihklo

I personally didnt care for the feel of the uflip. Interested in the insane but don't wanna shell the money if I'm not gonna like the feel of it. I don't care for a super soft barrel. One reason why I don't like worths

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally didnt care for the feel of the uflip. Interested in the insane but don't wanna shell the money if I'm not gonna like the feel of it. I don't care for a super soft barrel. One reason why I don't like worths

Got ya....ya I would say the Insane is softer than say, Future or Legacy but more stiff than a Freak 12 if that helps. But as I said, fairly limited experience with it.

As far as the flipper, I have heard either you love it or hate it. So, I understand. I've yet to hit one so I honestly have no idea but I do feel like it maybe something I will like based on the feedback I have been getting.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
So got to hit it tonight. Really like it. Barrel has a little more feel and is more firm than the freak 12s. When I square my freaks I almost don't even feel the ball hit the bat. When I squared this one I felt it but not bad, just more feedback, assuming because the barrel is more stiff.

mihklo

So got to hit it tonight. Really like it. Barrel has a little more feel and is more firm than the freak 12s. When I square my freaks I almost don't even feel the ball hit the bat. When I squared this one I felt it but not bad, just more feedback, assuming because the barrel is more stiff.

Like the sound of this. Just gotta debate now if I wanna move one of my 12s to try one out

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
Is it stiff/flexy?
Barrel soft/stiff?

Anyone swing the freak 12 or 30 along w the insane that can give me a comparison between feel?

I picked up a 26.5oz white insaneu. It swings like my 26.5oz og future. Insane seems to have a softer barrel compared to the future. Not too stiff not too flexy. In between a juggy and a future/stadium.
I had a 27oz freak 30. It was more endloaded and stiffer than the insane.

Last edited:

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
Is it stiff/flexy?
Barrel soft/stiff?

I actually got to swing the Insane U and The Filby side by side both both 26.5( A buddy has them). That said the Insane has a softer barrell and the Filby was a little stiffer both are equally as good as the other.

We hit these in the cage so I couldn't gauge distance but both felt nice as hell. Can't go wrong with either, I'd say they got it right with the Insane U. I haven't played much utrip lately so I can't speak on the F12.

I play pretty much Asa but if I was buying a bat for utrip I'd get an Insane U or a Filby it pretty much comes down to feel really on which to get.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Like the sound of this. Just gotta debate now if I wanna move one of my 12s to try one out

With the way the value of Freak 12's has gone up, i'd say go for it. I traded my used Freak 12 + $30 for a NiW white/gold Utrip Insane. I just got a 26.5 black and blue one on here for $220...i'll update here when i swing it later this week.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
It kind of reminds me of a slightly stiffer handle J2U . My 26.5 came in light and swings much more balanced than my 26.5 future.

Atiyeh

BP Hero
It kind of reminds me of a slightly stiffer handle J2U . My 26.5 came in light and swings much more balanced than my 26.5 future.

I'd agree with that. I just wish the 26.5 was a tiny bit heavier. Felt almost too light and the 27.5 is too heavy.

mihklo

Well I ended up just picking one up. Looking forward to trying it out. Gonna hold onto my freak 12s as well. Decided to move the 26 100w instead.

ogsoftballplaye

Well I ended up just picking one up. Looking forward to trying it out. Gonna hold onto my freak 12s as well. Decided to move the 26 100w instead.

Good decision. What weight did you go with? I used mine our last 3 games on Championship Sunday. Went 9-10 with it I believe. Only out was a judy backside that didn't go over 1B head.

ogsoftballplaye

Paid 225$ for it. Had a buddy offer me 220 if I don't like it. So win/win for me

Definitely a good price for sure and a win win lol. I don't see how you won't like it. You get it NIW or with some swings? I think you'll probably want a 27.5oz though. Heard the 26.5s coming in light. Mine just took the gamer spot from my 12. If I can find someone wanting to trade one I'll probably trade my 30 for one.

WillW3

Starting Player
Got mine. 26.5. Feels just like the Future as far as swing weight. I'll probably swing it this weekend. Feels good just swinging it.

mihklo

im selling the wifes bat to get some funds for this.....sooooooooo im getting a weight she will be able to swing as well! lol. I figure she should like it as well since she is really liking her future.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Wish I could have got a 26.5 or 27.5....got stuck with a 25.5.....riperoni :(

ogsoftballplaye

im selling the wifes bat to get some funds for this.....sooooooooo im getting a weight she will be able to swing as well! lol. I figure she should like it as well since she is really liking her future.

Very understandable.

I debated it, but I liked the 26.5 Future so much, I had to go back with it again.

Excuses excuses. :p

I'm selling my 26.5 oz. white gold. Just can't get used to it compared to my 4tf.

Too bad its not a 27.5oz. I'm sure we could have worked something out if it was.

mihklo

Insane came in yesterday and got out to hit it today.

Def enjoyed hitting it. Can tell it still needs some swings to open up. But I liked the feel of this bat. Weighed a tad over 26 w Vulcan grip on it. Swung very smooth and had decent exit speed and distance. Def keeping it.

WillW3

Starting Player
Must have found the bottle....or the keg

Bottle.. Anyway, so the bat had roughly 100 swings on it before I got it. Weighting instantly reminded me of the Future, even though this is advertised to be less. I think this bat still needs to open up more. The very few that I hit on the screws came off nice. It's not in the Freak 12's league YET, but this bat to me feels better.

ck1

The Madness
Bottle.. Anyway, so the bat had roughly 100 swings on it before I got it. Weighting instantly reminded me of the Future, even though this is advertised to be less. I think this bat still needs to open up more. The very few that I hit on the screws came off nice. It's not in the Freak 12's league YET, but this bat to me feels better.

Just having some fun with ya...

Performance wise, Future or Insane?