inside the barrel

Amess215

I TURN DBLES 2 SINGLES
Is it true that there are discs inside the barrel of combats? I sold a guy my DBA and he noticed some slight end cap separation and was real skeptical of the bat. He kept asking me if it was altered, and it's not at all. My point was if it was wouldn't there be a rattle in the barrel?

lmob29

swingn' hard just incase
Nope........but these were notorious for end caps getting loose. & a rattle would tell you the disk is still in there. At least to some point.

lmob29

swingn' hard just incase
That may be confusing.......yes they have discs. No a rattle wouldn't mean tampered with. Sorry. Lol

Amess215

I TURN DBLES 2 SINGLES
I know about a composite rattle. I've held altered bats that sounded like they had sand in the barrel.

lmob29

swingn' hard just incase
I know about a composite rattle. I've held altered bats that sounded like they had sand in the barrel.

What??????? Seriously??? Smh. I remember reading someone said that they got a bat and the weight sticker was missing, which meant it was FOR SURE worked on. Lol

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband

You may have known that those particular bats were altered, but that is simply not a way to tell a bat has been altered. Nearly every early Mayhem I or a teammate or relative had all turned into maracas. I sold a Censored that sounded like a piece of the inner wall the size of a credit card was sliding. It still does and still has not broken.

All stock.

Shaved bats generally have that happen less. I also know guys who shaved various models and not a single one had more than a pebble before they exploded.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
Check this pic. Other side is metal washer. Thats mostly what rattles, Skov posted last year a vid of him rattling the disc after his DB broke.

I imagine if someone was going to the extent of removing endcap they would remove that before said alterting takes place. Or maybe they just remove the disc. Removing that disc contraption would remove most of the rattle potential.

image_zpse360a92b.jpg

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeh, only some combats have the discs. and rattle doesnt indicate one way or the other when it comes to altered bats.

i think my teammates discs came loose in his yellow utrip DB. it's making a clunking noise, like nuts n bolts rattling around in there. pretty lame design if you ask me.

DONNYP45

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a DBU that i suspect that the compression disc is broke. Bat sounds like a marble is inside of it. What are the concequeces of a broke disc?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i think combat should put that the bats that have discs in them in the description. i didnt know the avarice G2 has them and i was just about to pick one up. i would have been disappointed if i had got one and found out after the fact.