Intentional Walks?!?!

Country35

Banned User
dumb post...great idea to walk a guy when the guy behind him sucks, I'd also move myself outa the 5 hole if I was you

Tall@first

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think it's a bad move at all..see it happen all the time around here in tourney ball. The point of going out and playing is to win..I have seen teams walk 4 or 5 guys and give up runs to get to an ejection in the lineup to win a game. Happens frequently.

Country35

Banned User
I don't think it's a bad move at all..see it happen all the time around here in tourney ball. The point of going out and playing is to win..I have seen teams walk 4 or 5 guys and give up runs to get to an ejection in the lineup to win a game. Happens frequently.

yup the key there is not to have an auto out in the line up....in league ball I think its a straight vagina move however

CFR20

Starting Player
We walked a guy sunday in tourney to get in his head, the rest of the game he was trying to mash and flew out next 3 ab, it may be a d-bag move but it worked

Tall@first

Addicted to Softballfans
yup the key there is not to have an auto out in the line up....in league ball I think its a straight vagina move however

How about in league when you don't get a pitch to hit? I hate when people say "swing the bat"...well that's what I really want to do but I'm not gonna chase garbage just to do it.

Country35

Banned User
How about in league when you don't get a pitch to hit? I hate when people say "swing the bat"...well that's what I really want to do but I'm not gonna chase garbage just to do it.

there is a HUGE difference between walking cuz they guy didnt throw a stike and the pitcher pointing down to 1st and putting you on....I dont swing at garbage anywhere, but if its hittable in league you bet I'll be hacking. Won't hardly ever take a strike in league.

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
there is a HUGE difference between walking cuz they guy didnt throw a stike and the pitcher pointing down to 1st and putting you on....I dont swing at garbage anywhere, but if its hittable in league you bet I'll be hacking. Won't hardly ever take a strike in league.

This right here. Eeeeeeeup!

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah in mosat leagues you dont have to pitch just tell them to give him the base. we did that last year in a tie game, the next pitch our ss made a great snag on a line drive and we doubled up the runner at first. strategy my friends

Very rarely does it work. We played a team and had a guy on 1st and 2nd two outs. Our next hitter had hit homerun after homerun. They put him on to load the bases and then our 5th hitter launched a ball for another homerun. We came from 10 runs to pull ahead only to lose by one.

Lord7

Banned User
I get intentionally walked all the time. My favorite was in playoffs when the pitcher bowled the ball on the ground and between his legs. I wasn't offended, I took it as a sign of respect. At least he made it humerous. It's a smart move in certain cases. I know I wouldn't want to be pitching to certain batters in a playoff situation. Regular games is a different story... Kind of a wimp move to walk someone.

frankingeneral

Starting Player
Yeah...this was NOT a tourney...just a regular, early season (3rd week), D league game...and to clarify, it wasn't a pitching around him situation...the tried that in the 1st game of the double header, 2nd at bat, and our 4 hitter took a ball out. After that it was all pointing to first. And our 5 hitter doesn't suck...just had a rough game, I think the intentional walks got in his head.

I get intentionally walked all the time. My favorite was in playoffs when the pitcher bowled the ball on the ground and between his legs. I wasn't offended, I took it as a sign of respect. At least he made it humerous. It's a smart move in certain cases. I know I wouldn't want to be pitching to certain batters in a playoff situation. Regular games is a different story... Kind of a wimp move to walk someone.

I dont think its really a wimp move. Strategy imo. When the situation comes up where u feel u gotta do it. then i think it needs to be done.