Is the CL22 on par with the J3A???

ChillyBaller

Psalms 54:4
what ball are you using? how many swings on each bat? are USSSA bats hotter than new ASA only stamped bats?
those are questions that need to be answered

but is it close? i believe so. The black and green CL22 is a very good bat. The J3a is a very good bat too.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
for me it was putting the alloy handle on the J3A barrel....i didn't love the J3A because i prefer the stiff handle....I only got to put maybe a hundred swings on mine before my surgery and have been sitting out for 3 weeks now...

in the 100 swings it was enough convincing for me to pick up another one NIW. I think the CL22SBF will cater to the guys that don't like the "soft" feel of the juggy line....as far as performance goes it will come down to the Indian shooting the arrow but I think you will hear mixed results because everyone's opinion will be different. I have been waiting for a stiff handled 12" ASA since the ONE.12 and i believe this will be the best answer so far....

I have heard people hate it and I have heard people love it....will it outperform the almighty J3A? i think that will depend on the ball and who is swinging but i bet they are pretty damn close.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the j3a and new juggy are better than the sbfcl22 and cheaper. To me in a 27oz the sbfcl22 does not have the same j3a barrel in a 27oz that it claims to have. Much stiffer barrel more like the 28 30 oz j3a's had

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
I think the j3a and new juggy are better than the sbfcl22 and cheaper. To me in a 27oz the sbfcl22 does not have the same j3a barrel in a 27oz that it claims to have. Much stiffer barrel more like the 28 30 oz j3a's had

which imo is a good thing when you add in the durability issue that the J3A is known for.....

ChillyBaller

Josh -
What were your thoughts on the future? I did not like the cluggy, and i really didnt like the J3A although the performance of the j3a almost made me keep it. I sold my cluggy to get the future, really like that bat.

This is all great info guys. I loved the cartel with the stiff handle. I break bats fast and easy so the idea of a stiffer barrel is appealing. We hit 44 cores in league still and have plenty of pre abi bats I love. Just looking for a great bat for .52 cores during sanctioned events.

ChillyBaller

the J3a or cluggy isnt going to swing anything like the OG Cartel. That was my favorite bat of all time. wish those were still legal where we play USSSA.

for .52 balls a future is pretty nice :D

mrbtjohns

Addicted to Softballfans
which imo is a good thing when you add in the durability issue that the J3A is known for.....

I'm with Goosepimp on this... I love the CL22ASA... Not taking anything away from the J3A BUT the CL22ASA fits my swing just fine...

BT802

The Veteran
I think the j3a and new juggy are better than the sbfcl22 and cheaper. To me in a 27oz the sbfcl22 does not have the same j3a barrel in a 27oz that it claims to have.

My thoughts exactly. My 50 hit J3A definitely out performed my 400 hit Cluggy for me. I sold it and picked up a new Juggy and don't regret it for a second, I'm really liking the feel and performance.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Josh -
What were your thoughts on the future? I did not like the cluggy, and i really didnt like the J3A although the performance of the j3a almost made me keep it. I sold my cluggy to get the future, really like that bat.

The Future is nice ...I had a 27.5 and had to sell because it was too heavy by the time I added a new grip and a GNR....was over 28oz.

I will pick up a 26.5oz used some time this summer....

I plan on using the SBFCL22 in places that still use 44 cor and the AM where the 52/300 is in play....

I don't really need the Future in my bag with the ONE and the CL22 Pink...but its a fun bat to swing.

And as far as the SBFCL22 goes its different strokes for different folks...some will like the J3A better and some will like the SBF exclusive better....

and for you J3A hoarders the new Juggy ASA is just as good as the J3A if not better....;)

bwh3516

Addicted to Softballfans
In my opinion, juggy, cluggy and j3a in that order. my cluggy only has 50 swings at most. both juggys have 500 plus and are way ahead of both. Interested to see how much the cluggy gains after a couple hundred more swings