Is this shaved?

Tjc

Star Player
Sorry for the big pictures, they are from my iphone. The cap came off today and I took a look inside. I've never seen the inside of a bat so I don't really have any idea.

The bat is a 2013 Worth Resmondo Legit

Here is the barrel

aO6TA3H.jpg

Here is what the cap looks like

lTKErsV.jpg

Without a doubt. That is not a factory glue job on that cap. Looks like marine epoxy. Likewise, inner barrel looks smooth and worn especially where the composite material ends on the left hand side of the barrel. I imagine if you run your fingers inside a lot of dust will come off.

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe that's how Miken and worth are getting them so hot.....jk
Kind of a waste since they are practically hot out of the wrapper..all they did was shorten their lifespan

kayakmaker

Average at best
I'll say the end cap looks like crap, but I'm not sure you can tell it has been "shaved" by that picture. How do you know Worth doesn't turn them on a lathe as part of the manufacturing process?
Only way to know is to know the factory wall thickness and compare it to that.

Joker

really?

also OP, don't ask for a refund. its been 5 months since you bought the bat. you have no proof the seller knew it was shaved and there is no way to prove you didn't shave it in the last 5 months

RalphG427

On the bench
I'll say the end cap looks like crap, but I'm not sure you can tell it has been "shaved" by that picture. How do you know Worth doesn't turn them on a lathe as part of the manufacturing process?
Only way to know is to know the factory wall thickness and compare it to that.

explain to me why they would add this step to the manufacturing process instead of building them the way they have ever since the composite bat was invented. It's shaved. If the manufacturer wanted the walls thinner, they would just build it that way instead of using extra material just to remove it.

explain to me why they would add this step to the manufacturing process instead of building them the way they have ever since the composite bat was invented. It's shaved. If the manufacturer wanted the walls thinner, they would just build it that way instead of using extra material just to remove it.

That makes so much sense, it's just silly.

kayakmaker

Average at best

I've worked in the composite industry for 10+ years. I've worked directly with the company in Mexico that made the og Catalyst.
The manufacture of composite parts is very inconsistent from part to part. As a rule, it is not possible to control the id and od of a composite part within 1/1000 of an inch.
We make fg and carbon paddle shafts that vary as much a .100 ID from shaft to shaft. Some of our assembly require them to be run on a lathe to accommodate the inner sleeves.

Now, I say all that say again, I'm not familiar with Worth's process.
Judging by that endcap, it looks tampered with.

Joker

because its common ****ing sense. no bat company is going to leave lathe marks inside their bats

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
you guys can't prove any of this about the shave job. cause you are not certified sofball scientists. we can all agree that the endcap has been customized tho.

kayakmaker

Average at best
you guys can't prove any of this about the shave job. cause you are not certified sofball scientists. we can all agree that the endcap has been customized tho.

Agreed. The next question I have is, what idiot has the ability to remove a factory endcap, turn the bat on a lathe, but can't do any better than that gluing the endcap back???