Is this the real Huch? God I hope not

UHCoog1

Addicted to Softballfans
You're right, probably closer to a quarter mil/year. But think about it, he is USSSA director, Lonestar Softball owner, he sells stuff out of his trailer, sells balls etc etc etc. He has tournaments every weekend... BLD-LC, PJs, College Station, BLD-Mansfield, Austin, San Antonio etc etc etc. Wouldn't shock me if he is bringing in $40k/month during peak "season".

JakeStovall

The one and only!
I bet he is making around 500k a year because Kennedy used to make a KILLING owning Papa Blakelys back in the day. He hosted all the big tournaments there but nothing like Hutch, yet I still have seen him blow 30k on a single night at the horse track. Hutch IS a smart business man to get to where he is. I tip my hat to him. The problem now becomes, will greed win out over longevity. People are getting tired of getting screwed and sooner or later he will lose the control over all this. Hope he saves his money. :)

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont post on ls anynore. Not in about 2 months anyway...im done with all that

I might have to follow this lead cuz apparently I posted something on there about another team and they weren't happy this past weekend with me at PJs...:rolleyes:

jdaly_tx

Addicted to Softballfans
as long as he is state director, he holds the cards.. even after that, who else gets anywhere close to hosting the competitive ball he does? I am sure someone could step in but there aren't any better directors out there doing anything diff to separate themselves from what huch does.. tshirts, hats, bags, etc... same ole but less structured tourneys with sandbagging allowed

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
lol... Oh well dude, they will get over it.

HAHA...I dont know, I think they have been holding it for a while cuz they seemed highly upset...enough to tell Lil Chris to hit it by me for $20 so they could go "oooohhhh come on allstar"... honestly I don't even remember talking about or posting on Lonestar except to maybe try and sell a roller bag

I think they wanted to fight me...first thing that popped into my mind was insert name here and wanting to fight Brock :D (<<< only playing around) and do these guys really wanna fight me over something that was posted on a softball board

philmelt

Addicted to Softballfans
I keep seeing people say they play his tournaments because that's where the competition is, not true. He had a tournament at pj's last weekend and got 26 mens teams between two divisions and still made it a two day tournament lol. We play the shootouts because they are at BLD and everyone thinks winning a lonestar ring is a big deal. And we play budfest because it's a big tournament and alot of fun. Budfest is the only tournament where we don't complain about the long breaks. If the teams in our city actually left our little bubble, they would realize that the lone star state tournament is a joke and has no recognition anywhere else. If you were at WSL or USSSA worlds and you showed someone that ring they would probably look confused lol.

jdaly_tx

Addicted to Softballfans
I can honestly say my teams never play huchs' tournaments for the class ring.. I think the turnout at PJs was low on the account of he had a BLD tournament the weekend before correct? and a had a nice showing? That $250 is a lot for teams with no sponsor for back to back weekends especially with Bud right around the corner.

SeabrookSpartan

Addicted to Softballfans
philmelt: I keep seeing people say they play his tournaments because that's where the competition is, not true.:confused:
In Houston all of the best comp is at Lonestar series tournies without a doubt..:rolleyes:

brock

Addicted to Softballfans
I play huchs tpurnies bc they are at bld....i could give two ****s where the competition is at.

txbullets

The OG JayZ
If that's the case why don't more people play Rene's tournaments when they are at bld? It is because we know if we play at a lonestar tournament we will pay a team in our own class. A lot of E teams will not play in a mixed tournament and why would they. No one wants to go 2nQ.

txbullets

The OG JayZ
Who wants to bet if you check hutch's taxes he gives out huge cash prizes and since so much is cash sales I am sure he doesn't even make 6 figures.

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
My opinion, instead of better prize packages, have lower entry fees. As has been said, most don't play for the prizes but for the fun and bragging rights if you win. I am not saying this expecting that there is any chance of it happening.

philmelt

Addicted to Softballfans
My opinion, instead of better prize packages, have lower entry fees.

I feel the same way. We are all basically complaining about the greed associated with softball today. When you spend $400 a weekend on softball tournaments and there are 30+ teams involved and the 1st place team gets less than his entry fee back it's a little obvious.

O-Prime

UH OH
HAHA...I dont know, I think they have been holding it for a while cuz they seemed highly upset...enough to tell Lil Chris to hit it by me for $20 so they could go "oooohhhh come on allstar"... honestly I don't even remember talking about or posting on Lonestar except to maybe try and sell a roller bag

I think they wanted to fight me...first thing that popped into my mind was insert name here and wanting to fight Brock :D (<<< only playing around) and do these guys really wanna fight me over something that was posted on a softball board

if youre winning they will hate....

jbe_17

Star Player

I was standing next to them watching the game and they were from Rack'em Up. I'm not sure what their beef was with you but they were truly pi**ed at you. Everything time they mentioned you they were like "post that on the board!!!!". They were over there cussing you and talking lots of noise.

txbullets

The OG JayZ
Rack Em Up was a top 3 E team last year untill most their good players went to DC outlaws. They had a good squad for a while.

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
I was standing next to them watching the game and they were from Rack'em Up. I'm not sure what their beef was with you but they were truly pi**ed at you. Everything time they mentioned you they were like "post that on the board!!!!". They were over there cussing you and talking lots of noise.

No clue either but one of the guys called my name, so naturally I look back and then he goes look back again F*****! I was trying not to laugh

Rack Em Up, have they ever even won a tourney?

The were solid last year and I believe they won a few a year or so ago...

Lol I told them well if he did write it you can't be mad at him cause at least he put his name on there but even after the game they were still talking about you

I am pretty sure they will carry it with them the whole season, should be interesting when we play them...oh well...I think it is funny and I still dont remember posting anything about them

jdaly_tx

Addicted to Softballfans
im so sick of thug softball

everyone wants to act hard

get the **** over yourselves.

Softball is serious business Brock.. U have to remember that most of these guys unemployed and look forward to softball.. It's life to them. That "lonestar recognition" and them bad ass hooters tshirts are worth fighting for at any cause. Heck if you are at slo pitch it's worth getting stabbed over.