ISA Worlds 9 Man "A"

TH#2

Addicted to Softballfans
who's going to this... it would be nice to get a good number of teams for this being Drifton A's didn't turn out all that well.

TH#2

Addicted to Softballfans
are you seriously.. come on.. There's got to be teams going to this.. We plan on going.. Who else?. this could be a very good tournament. there is plenty of pitching out there now..

whats up with all the PA team..

ISA NJ

Addicted to Softballfans
Gentleman
I get lots of emails and calls, see posts, yet teams aren't entering. Whats happened to 9 man Modified???

TH#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Easier to get a pitcher to pitch 10 man then 9 man could be one of the main reason we are not seeing many 9 man teams, Plus everyone wants to hit.. playing 10 man allows that, even if your not that good of a hitter.. many of those 10 man teams are made up of guys that also play 9 man.. so you get a mix..

In drifton this past weekend, many teams I would say have guys that can play at any level, 9 man or fastpitch etc.. they are that good.. but 10 man is where everyone wants to play now, sad to say.

Last edited:

NYSoftball20

Addicted to Softballfans
Easier to get a pitcher to pitch 10 man then 9 man could be one of the main reason we are not seeing many 9 man teams, Plus everyone wants to hit.. playing 10 man allows that, even if your not that good of a hitter.. many of those 10 man teams are made up of guys that also play 9 man.. so you get a mix..

In drifton this past weekend, many teams I would say have guys that can play at any level, 9 man or fastpitch etc.. they are that good.. but 10 man is where everyone wants to play now, sad to say.

It is sad. Why anyone would want to play in a game where the pitching restrictions allow both teams to routinely score in the double digits is beyond me. Might as well play slow pitch on baseball fields.

We had hoped to have a team enter the 9 man ASA Nationals next year in Port Huron. We hoped that location would bring some teams out but seems like nobody wants to face decent pitching anymore.

Elohssa6

Addicted to Softballfans
Supply and demand. There aren't many of them. So they are getting more than they probably should.

ISA NJ

Addicted to Softballfans
Gentleman
Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, the ISA 9 man worlds has been cancelled. Also, I will no longer offer 9 man tournaments. Sadly, for many reasons and excuses I have heard, there is no longer an interest in the game. Seems like teams want to play windmill or 10 man. Nothing wrong with either versions of softball, but I always believed 9 man was the best. The game started to falter in the early to mid 2000's and I thought we had renewed interest in the game in 08 when we made what I thought were significant improvements and changes to the game. Apparently, there are new excuses why teams can't play, most of them selfish reasons. No new rules or formats seem to appeal to teams. Teams wont travel and will cheat to win. Winning is everything and playing a game with challenges is apparently no longer fun. Perhaps everyone should just play recreational Slow Pitch, where everyone hits home runs and there is no need to pitch, or play defense.

Good Luck to all teams.

budman22

Addicted to Softballfans
i personally love 9 man over 10 man but my team has only 10 man pitching. with bonnells, we entered 9 man here and there and faired pretty well. and we arent gonna pay an arm to come throw.

TH#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Steve thank you for supporting the 9 man game all those years..

Gentleman
Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, the ISA 9 man worlds has been cancelled. Also, I will no longer offer 9 man tournaments. Sadly, for many reasons and excuses I have heard, there is no longer an interest in the game. Seems like teams want to play windmill or 10 man. Nothing wrong with either versions of softball, but I always believed 9 man was the best. The game started to falter in the early to mid 2000's and I thought we had renewed interest in the game in 08 when we made what I thought were significant improvements and changes to the game. Apparently, there are new excuses why teams can't play, most of them selfish reasons. No new rules or formats seem to appeal to teams. Teams wont travel and will cheat to win. Winning is everything and playing a game with challenges is apparently no longer fun. Perhaps everyone should just play recreational Slow Pitch, where everyone hits home runs and there is no need to pitch, or play defense.

Good Luck to all teams.

LegendsSS13

Star Player
if the game didnt turn into who had the most money it would still be around. It went from 50 A teams who raised there own money or paid out of there pocket to travel and have fun with friends, to 8 A teams that needed to come up with 15 grand to compete. When u have to worry about things like that it becomes a job to run a team, instead of a bunch of guys just going out to have fun and compete. the 9 man game turned into a mini fastpitch world where u needed to pay all the top pitches and some teams couldnt do that, so they went to ten man and had fun. just my opinion, Drew

TC26

Addicted to Softballfans
Supporting the game? Is that what ISA did?

Seems to me they spoiled it pretty good. I dont doubt they had good intentions but the execution (through April 2010 anyway) was simply horrid. A small number of teams one year decided that they were screwed by ASA........and backed ISA blindly. There werent enough good people running it, simply put.

ASA can now build the game back up if they choose (new 9 man structure may help but they need men to work at it). There is a reason teams continued to go BACK to the well run ASA tourneys year after year after year in the 70s, 80s and 90s. They knew what they were doing.