Other ISF, bats thrown.

coddster

Addicted to Softballfans
So i went to a national championship in australia last week, and me freak +, OG cnt+ got thrown, the freak just had the wrapper taken off it about 20minutes before the game too. He said that anything with the old ISF stamp wasnt good anymore, and had to be thrown. I then argued about why my OG extended didnt get thrown, and he said because it also has a ASA stamp with the ISF.

Any truth to any of this?

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
So i went to a national championship in australia last week, and me freak +, OG cnt+ got thrown, the freak just had the wrapper taken off it about 20minutes before the game too. He said that anything with the old ISF stamp wasnt good anymore, and had to be thrown. I then argued about why my OG extended didnt get thrown, and he said because it also has a ASA stamp with the ISF.

Any truth to any of this?

No, the ASA stamp has no more to do with ISF as does a U-trip stamp. If anything, an ASA approved bat should be a given since ASA's standards are more strict than ISF

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
No, the ASA stamp has no more to do with ISF as does a U-trip stamp. If anything, an ASA approved bat should be a given since ASA's standards are more strict than ISF

Correct, though I do believe ISF has been slowly tightening up its bat restrictions over the past couple of years to become more in line with ASA's list.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Correct, though I do believe ISF has been slowly tightening up its bat restrictions over the past couple of years to become more in line with ASA's list.

They've played with it, but will not align with ASA. One of the reasons ISF is a little looser (is that a word?) on restrictions is due to the cost of the equipment around the world. Not everyone, or even a team, in the world can afford to buy bats at the rates players do in the U.S.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
They've played with it, but will not align with ASA. One of the reasons ISF is a little looser (is that a word?) on restrictions is due to the cost of the equipment around the world. Not everyone, or even a team, in the world can afford to buy bats at the rates players do in the U.S.

True, but we've seen a lot of the same bats banned by ASA get banned in ISF.

Certainly, there are other issues at play, such as availability in world markets, increased price due to international shipping costs, etc. Those factors have to be considered in order to have a thriving international following.