It really pisses me off

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
When a board member lists a good bat(s) at a good price I'm assuming to help out other board members. Someone swoops in and buys all 3 bats not to use but to throw them on eBay as soon as they get them.

So me or someone who really would use the sticks lose out to someone simply trying to turn a profit.

I know. Whah.

Thanks Mr Monocle for being that guy.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm with you completely. It's total BS. We should keep a list of people that buy here just to turn a profit on the bay. Huckaby34 used to buy cheap Ritch's Superiors here and sell them for fortunes on EBay under the name CubStuff. He artificially inflated their price and artificially created a scarcity, so that the handful of people that loved them couldn't buy from multiple sellers, but only from him. I'm for capitalism, but most guys selling on this board think they're helping a guy out. It's taking advantage of the seller and depriving a buyer to by low here and sell high in the bay. It is not the same as finding something at a garage sale.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
This thread again eh?

Can you honestly say that you've never got something at a Good deal and sold/traded it for a higher price/ more valuable item than what you bought it for ? I'm not talking about just on SBF... I'm talking at any point in your life

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
This thread again eh?

Can you honestly say that you've never got something at a Good deal and sold/traded it for a higher price/ more valuable item than what you bought it for ? I'm not talking about just on SBF... I'm talking at any point in your life

Yes. Not here though. Etiquette. I know. It's me.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish someone would give me a good deal on a 4 the fallen and quit selling them for outrageous prices though

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't helping these guys to flip things for profit also bros helping bros? I will have to try ebay one day though if it is so easy to get more money for the same thing I guess.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Isn't helping these guys to flip things for profit also bros helping bros? I will have to try ebay one day though if it is so easy to get more money for the same thing I guess.

Sure it is...if the point is to sell bats cheap so other members can make a profit. Than mr monocle was helped.

Is that really the argument you want to be making?

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
It sucks, but it is all in the timing. Seller puts his price out there and buyer offers money. Not a lot that can be done unless seller wants to go through the effort which is usually not the case. I would just not sell to that person again if I was looking to hook a brotha up.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Would it be rude to create a sticky with a list of known bat flippers on the Bay?

It is not illegal. Slightly immoral. But who am I to talk. I bought a $450 faucet at Sal Army and sold it online.:eek::eek:

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
i would have to get it for helluva deal to worry about the headache that is ebay.

also, links to said bat here and said bat on ebay?

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I like the idea of a "flippers sticky." I don't think it's wrong or immoral necessarily, but I think that info should be available for situations where bros are trying to give a good deal or pay it forward to another bro. While not "wrong" or "immoral" in my eyes, it is still on the douchey side.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
You have to inflate the price on FeeBay to make any money. Paypal takes 3% and then FeeBay takes 10% :mad:. Sure, you get more exposure, but it's not worth the 13% anymore for me.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
This thread again eh?

I can honestly say that I have not. I'll get free bats and give them away to someone else. I'll get a good deal and then if I unload them, do it at the same price I got them. This is going to be hard for some people to understand, but not everyone worships or lives their lives in the pursuit of money.

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
You have to inflate the price on FeeBay to make any money. Paypal takes 3% and then FeeBay takes 10% :mad:. Sure, you get more exposure, but it's not worth the 13% anymore for me.

exactly. not worth the hassle unless..........

blackbeasst said:
i would have to get it for helluva deal to worry about the headache that is ebay.

When a board member lists a good bat(s) at a good price I'm assuming to help out other board members. Someone swoops in and buys all 3 bats not to use but to throw them on eBay as soon as they get them.

So me or someone who really would use the sticks lose out to someone simply trying to turn a profit.

I know. Whah.

Thanks Mr Monocle for being that guy.

Wow, considering you were neither the buyer nor the seller of the transaction in question, that means you really spent some significant time and energy in focusing on something that has absolutely nothing to do with you. You really must have no life outside of softball. Don't worry, you'll make friends someday. :thumb:

As for the actual purpose of this thread, yes I buy and sell bats for profit. I sell a bunch of things for profit. I am in the process of going through Nursing School and quite honestly if I can make money here or there I absolutely will, considering I can't hold a full-time job right now and can hardly hold a part time job. And school aside, I'd still do it if I had the time. All my sellers are quite happy and if it were my choice, I'd rather sell to another seller than deal with low-ballers, non-payers, back-out people, ect. Plus, I've gotten a chance to swing so many bats I'd never swing otherwise.

I have been very active in the community and have given back when I've had the chance. Perhaps you've missed the feedback I've received from hooking people up with NIW XL2's from S/A for sticker price, when I could've sold them for twice the price on the bay. Or (which is none of your business anyways) the fact that I am a donor to SBF and actively donate to SBF members who fall on hard times.

As I've said, it's really none of your business what I do with any of my purchases, and until you're a seller to me it will remain none of your business. But for those who care (which is certainly each individuals prerogative) I do buy and sell bats for a profit. 80% of my purchases go on the Bay or Craigslist.

Cheers.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
so he paid an average of $116 for each bat. he sold the mv1 for $110 and had free shipping. sounds like he lost his ass on that one with fees and a minimum of $9 shipping :thumb:

Why don't you wait for the final tally Einstein... Once the 2011 Ussa z1k's sell.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
While I wouldn't do it, I can't fault the guy for doing it either. It's the dummies that pay those kinds of prices in the first place that set up this sort of situation. If he can't sell them at those prices, does he have to pay something for a failed listing on ebay? I guess that's the risk you take. I wouldn't do that, but then again, I wouldn't even consider chasing those unicorns or knowing the types of bats you could do that with. I wouldn't pay those elevated prices, so I can't keep those models straight to begin with.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, considering you were neither the buyer nor the seller of the transaction in question, that means you really spent some significant time and energy in focusing on something that has absolutely nothing to do with you. You really must have no life outside of softball. Don't worry, you'll make friends someday. :thumb:

As for the actual purpose of this thread, yes I buy and sell bats for profit. I sell a bunch of things for profit. I am in the process of going through Nursing School and quite honestly if I can make money here or there I absolutely will, considering I can't hold a full-time job right now and can hardly hold a part time job. And school aside, I'd still do it if I had the time. All my sellers are quite happy and if it were my choice, I'd rather sell to another seller than deal with low-ballers, non-payers, back-out people, ect. Plus, I've gotten a chance to swing so many bats I'd never swing otherwise.

I have been very active in the community and have given back when I've had the chance. Perhaps you've missed the feedback I've received from hooking people up with NIW XL2's from S/A for sticker price, when I could've sold them for twice the price on the bay. Or (which is none of your business anyways) the fact that I am a donor to SBF and actively donate to SBF members who fall on hard times.

As I've said, it's really none of your business what I do with any of my purchases, and until you're a seller to me it will remain none of your business. But for those who care (which is certainly each individuals prerogative) I do buy and sell bats for a profit. 80% of my purchases go on the Bay or Craigslist.

Cheers.

Will never sell to you here. Ever. Hope others take notice as well. Let's just say you don't fit what I have in mind when buying or selling here.

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
Will never sell to you here. Ever. Hope others take notice as well. Let's just say you don't fit what I have in mind when buying or selling here.

i think i see the real reason you're butt hurt. he beat you to the bats that YOU wanted to flip on ebay :D

wcoastsoftball

I have guys at my own fields do that to me. Sell them a good bat for decent price, next thing I know they sold it for $30 more to another friend. So I stopped pricing my bats so low.