Izzy Psycho Break In?

2000_328ci

Extra Hitter
How many hits did it take for your Izzy Psychos to open up? Between myself and a few teammates, we've probably put a good 20 hits on the bat and it's still a bit stiff... Nobody that has been using it has a particularly fast swing so maybe we're just wimpy and not giving it enough mustard.

Is it safe to say that it will get stronger with time or was I maybe expecting too much out of this bat?

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
Honestly. its pretty decent outta the wrapper, but has a slightly stiff feel with no barrel feedback. once I put around 125-150 swings the barrel started to become very responsive and the balls started to fly. within the first 50-60 hit the bat starting showing light spiral webbing that has not gotten any worse. Bat has about 250 cuts now.

Tymntgmry

Addicted to Softballfans
I was hitting lasers outta the wrapper with mine and it keeps getting better. I am somewhere between 50-75 swings on it so far.

Tdoc5555

Addicted to Softballfans
picked up a used one (50 swings) in a trade and hit it off a tee with a mix of 44/375 & 44/400 tatoo balls. Psycho kept up with well broken in blackout (2500 plus swings) with the longest shots being aroound 375 feet. Great feel and good line drive/exit speed.

icurnvs

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine felt like poop the first 30 or so swings, then slowly started to open up and is now one of the hottest bats I've swung at 200 hits.