izzy vs filby

House00

Slingin' lead!
I had a chance to hit my black izzy psycho along side my red kf30...

First off, I felt that the psycho was hotter out of the wrapper than the Filby. The first 10-15 hits it had a very loud "slap" sound but it soon turned into the classic Miken crack sound. I put roughly 100 swings on it with a mix of Dudley, Trump and Worth ASA and classic m balls. The endload isn't nearly as noticeable as the Filby but it feels very nice coming around. The balls seemed to be exploding off this thing. The barrel seems very forgiving. Didn't seem as stiff as the Filby out of the wrapper either. I think it has pretty good barrel flex already. The ss feels similar to the revex, only bigger/ more forgiving. These were live cage pitches so couldn't see distance but could tell when you got a hold of one. The balls hit back at the pitching net were absolute lasers. Bat has great pop right away. So far, there is no spiraling, chips or rattling and at this point is game ready.

Secondly, the endload on the Filby is just phenomenal! It fits my swing a little better and felt more comfortable in my hands. They both feel similar but the Filby's barrel isn't quite as "soft" as the psychos... again, this is just my opinion on a couple rounds of cage hitting. Hopefully next weekend I can get them outside for a round and do a better comparison.

I will not say that one is better than the other but will say that if you like a big endload then the Filby may be a better fit. I also don't see the need to go down a 1/2oz... If you swing a 27, go 27.5... The psycho's endload is nice and I feel it swings pretty true to weight. I can't wait to see the distance on these things but if I had to pick one based on perceived trajectory only, it seems that the Filby could be the distance leader lol... Either way, you can't go wrong with either one and the main difference will most like only be end load weight. We shall see! Both bats are game ready within 100-150 hits so I will only put another round of outdoor bp before they become game only hits.

House00

Slingin' lead!
I think mine feels good at this point... I want the next round of bp to be outside but that probably wont be for a couple more weeks... ill be able to better judge if it needs more.