J3A and .44/357

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Is anyone J3A holding up with .44/375's. I have been wanting to pick one up, but I play a couple nights a week at parks that use .44/375 and one other that uses .52's. I don't wan to bust this thing in 100 swings. Got the chance to swing the Fu Dawg, thought I would like it since I generally like the One series bats from Demarini, but I wasn't a big fan of how it felt/ swung. Just looking for a little help.

Atiyeh

BP Hero
J3 hits the 44's fine. I swing a bit harder than most so mine had the paint issue but put a lil shipping tape over it...good to go. Stopped any further paint damage from happening.

zitro23

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought the j3a were built so that they hit both the 44's and 52's well and held up fine?

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
yes, but I've also put 1000's of swings on senior bats(geezer, mm gear, jak'd nemy) and never broken one of those either, so i'm clearly not punishing my bats the way some ppl do

Resin Glazed

The Veteran
I'm probably just going to go ahead and buy one and take a chance

You wont be disappointed. We hit .44's, I'm usually not a home run guy but I've been getting home runs every few games more than ever with it. Can punch judy just as fine with it as well.

Its been holding up great too, getting real dirty but no cracks or anything. Probably have about 150+ hits and she is holding up fine.

Zipperking

WTP all day
I'd get one, just because it is so NASTY with the 44's. i've only hit the 44's about 10 times with my J3, but good lord! all 10 were the craziest hits I've ever had.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just disappointed that everyone say that the 28oz is kinda a dud compared to the 27..... It's going to be a little light for me, but I think I'll get used to it.

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just disappointed that everyone say that the 28oz is kinda a dud compared to the 27..... It's going to be a little light for me, but I think I'll get used to it.

Don't buy into it. I've had 4 27's crack within 100 swings with gold dots. I've also had a 28 that was unscathed after 100's if swings with them and IMO the 28 hits the ball further. It's more end loaded and has more mass, it practically cuts through the ball like butter.........

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
28 & 30 need some breaking in to get good...26-27 are already hot in wrapper - no j3a's are duds

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I think I'm going to buy a 28 then... Everyone says the 27's are crazy and that the 28 never gets on that level. It doesn't make sense to me, but there are no 27's to be found anywhere, but is see some 26-28 floating around.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
my 27oz is developing a paint crack after about 300 hits with 44/375 gold dots. it's not broken by any means, but just something noteworthy.

Resin Glazed

The Veteran
Also note

26 oz - Balanced
27 oz - Slight end-load
28 oz - Heavy end-load
30 oz - Balanced(I think?)

Don't have much of a collection but my J3 is my favorite bat.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
I have one that has over 1000 swings now vs 44s... ive broke my share of bats in the past but I think i lucked out. Not even any paint cracks. Its been fire since swing 1 got a little better after 100 or so but hasnt changed since.

With that said it doesnt even come close to passing compression.

Have another that i have only hit 52 core balls and has around 300-400 cuts and it passes compression still

BudBo

Addicted to Softballfans
Never liked the juggy line but went out on a limb and picked up the j3a. All I can say is that it has surpassed all of my other asa sticks. Absolutely kills the 44. Core Ball. Best decision I ever made. Maybe has 75 swings and no issues.

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
My 27oz has over 1300 hits and still amazing. All 44s and in temps ranging from 40s to 100s. It didn't get the crack until around the 1000 hit mark and it hasn't changed in over 300 hits

MotionMan9

The Veteran

Don't buy into that nonsense, the 28 oz J3A is legit. Mine took two BP sessions to wake up and now it's hitting bombs. If you like end loaded bats you won't be disappointed

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
We had 6 and 5 are still going strong. A 27 broke in 2 bp sessions and mine has some webbing. The other 4 have only ball marks and 1 has over 1000 swings with all .44 and .47 zn's. Best stick I have swung when weather gets hot and .44/375 balls get soft.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
We had 6 and 5 are still going strong. A 27 broke in 2 bp sessions and mine has some webbing. The other 4 have only ball marks and 1 has over 1000 swings with all .44 and .47 zn's. Best stick I have swung when weather gets hot and .44/375 balls get soft.