J3a cracked after 50 swings

turbs31622

Addicted to Softballfans
img2677hj.jpg

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
man im glad i am lucky. i have about 400 on mine all with 44 375 balls or evil bp the hard ones. and no signs of wear.

turbs31622

Addicted to Softballfans
I was told by a friend who is a demarini rep that it is just the outer shell, and is OK.

His new stadium did the same thing and hits piss rockets.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
I would not worry about that. It looks like just paint. Swing the crap outta that sucker & enjoy it.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Should I return it for replacement or swing crap out if it ????

I would swing the crap out of it if it was me. I had a j3a that did the same thing in under a 100 hits and lasted a good 1000 more before i returned. I still got a returnable j3a back from my return and that bat is holding up fine . Demarini has top notch cs and they will take care of you they always have for me. I've had 4 j3a's and only 1 had a defect problem with the outer layer all the other ones have been durable

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans
There's no difference in the knob stickers. Some have the little silver sticker shown, some have a larger plastic sticker -- not painted.

There are a couple runs that had this top layer issue and demarini is aware of this. If you want to return it they will give you a new returnable bat back.

As others have stated, this has happened to theirs but they've put hundreds of swings on it and nothing has happened, except missiles lol.

If you think your league or any ump will have a problem with this then send her back, otherwise keep swinging bro.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Yup. Supposedly these were the newer batches that didn't have durability issues.

first and foremost you are wrong the nob sticker has nothing to do with the batch the sticker you are looking at still has ones that have issues the batch code is on the handle and I might do a write up on this in the demar section but i have had 2 J3s that cracked in under 50 swings also and have talked to CS a bunch the problem has been fixed but I have had 4 J3s and the one i got back from demarini has a different batch code on it than any other now it has the same nob sticker as this bat but different batch #. To the op of this thread send it in asap and with this few of swings you will get a returnable J3 not a WR they are well aware of the problem and have sent me 2 returnable ones for the 2 i had broken.