J3A vs 2016 Juggy

blajer72

Extra Hitter
How does the 2016 Juggy compare to the J3A? Also what about the 2014 and 2015 models. I have a J3A and I'm looking to add another juggernaut to my collection because I'm sure it will eventually break. Or should I get another J3A?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
14 for me has performed much better than j3.. 15 meh, have to unload some stuff before i can chx out a 16...
If you like your j3 and can get another one why change.. Ijs

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I haven't swung the '16, but I have owned the '13-'15. I swung the '13 for a full year and returned it for a '14 days before the warranty expired. Except for a slightly different feel (weighting, barrel feel - likely a batch thing, not a year / design change), I noticed no drop in performance. In fact, due to feel / weighting, I preferred the '14. I bought a '15 last year and it feels the same as the '14, same performance, same bat, inverted color scheme. But, I swing the '14 because it has way more hits on it and still passes compression.

Given the choice between the '13, '14, and '15, I would take the cheapest. IMO, guys paying top dollar for the J3A are dumdums.

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
From someone who's owned multiples of both. This is my opinion.

1) 15. Hot out of the wrapper. After 200 BP hits with 40/325 classic Ms the bat was the single hottest "Asa only" bat I've ever swung.
2) J3. No denying it's a hot bat. The bat that all new stamps are compared to. Perfect amount of flex/endload. Had a major production issue early on with premature paint cracks. Broke 2 in 1 tourney. Also the hype between graffiti and bubble was a little dumb.
3) J4. Also took about 200 hits to reach peak performance. Swung it in a league that used 44/375 and it killed the ball. Ultimately I put it down for an OG Cluggy which was right up there with 1) in performance but not durability.
4) new OG Juggy. Not enough swings to say.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
From someone who's owned multiples of both. This is my opinion.

1) 15. Hot out of the wrapper. After 200 BP hits with 40/325 classic Ms the bat was the single hottest "Asa only" bat I've ever swung.
2) J3. No denying it's a hot bat. The bat that all new stamps are compared to. Perfect amount of flex/endload. Had a major production issue early on with premature paint cracks. Broke 2 in 1 tourney. Also the hype between graffiti and bubble was a little dumb.
3) J4. Also took about 200 hits to reach peak performance. Swung it in a league that used 44/375 and it killed the ball. Ultimately I put it down for an OG Cluggy which was right up there with 1) in performance but not durability.
4) new OG Juggy. Not enough swings to say.

Like the way you think for me it was the 15,14 then the famed J3A.

B17

Where's Larsen?
I love the J3A, but after how my '16 hit last night with minimal cuts on it, I would say '16 Juggy all day long.

Hogrider

Let's get some more reviews on broken in 16's.
Have a 13,14,15....love them all.
1. J3a
2. 14
3. 15

Get another 14? Or try thr 16. J3a's are too pricey

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^do you know someone at the D? Or did you really pay 4 bills for a custom Juggy that can be had with the standard color scheme for $210-225 from factory hitters / reps?

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
What is the SBF price on customs? Didn't know you could get them anywhere other than the DeMarini site.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
J3A>16>15>14. I was not a fan of the 14 Juggy and didn't like it. The 15 is a great bat and after some BP is a great bat. I love my 16 Juggy it's crushing the ball. Are league recently switched to 52/300 and it hit them great and it also handles the 44/375 we hit for tournaments. My 16 has about 400 hits and keeps performing great.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
J3A>16>15>14. I was not a fan of the 14 Juggy and didn't like it. The 15 is a great bat and after some BP is a great bat. I love my 16 Juggy it's crushing the ball. Are league recently switched to 52/300 and it hit them great and it also handles the 44/375 we hit for tournaments. My 16 has about 400 hits and keeps performing great.

What didn't you like about the 14?

B17

Where's Larsen?
As much as I love my J3A . . . I'd choose the '16 Juggy all day long. It is killing the .52/300s.

Caddy

Manager
J3>16>14>15

The 16 is very nice, very similar to the blackout Insane IMO. But the J3's (26 &27) were/are FIRE

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
For some reason never got a good feel for it. My teammate still has one and I cannot seem to hit with that bat. I swing My OG juggy or 16 and hit just fine. That 14 just can't find the SS.

Hmmm....I guess I've only tried the 14 but it (for me) has a huge sweet spot. Doesn't have the endload I would like but when it gets warm out it just seems to get better. I put down the future for the juggy when the temps get up.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
Hmmm....I guess I've only tried the 14 but it (for me) has a huge sweet spot. Doesn't have the endload I would like but when it gets warm out it just seems to get better. I put down the future for the juggy when the temps get up.

Maybe that is why I don't like it. I really do like end loads on the bat and that was probably what turned it off for me.

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 27oz senior juggy n love the feel and weight of the endload, my question is if i get a the 16' juggy og in 27 are they gonna have the same feel? Also we hit the dudley synthetic 52/300's which are terrible they soften up wayyy to much. Am i better off getting the 16 flipper or get the juggy?

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 27oz senior juggy n love the feel and weight of the endload, my question is if i get a the 16' juggy og in 27 are they gonna have the same feel? Also we hit the dudley synthetic 52/300's which are terrible they soften up wayyy to much. Am i better off getting the 16 flipper or get the juggy?

I hit those balls, ya they seem soft from the get go. The only bat that hit it decently was the Juggy. I then tried the AM...with less than 20hits on it and it hit that ball even a little better. I've seen guys do real well with the aftermaths (Blue). I've only seen 1 2016 juggy everything else is AM's. Might like to swing a red 16 am...try it for swing weight wise (endload). Not sure if the 2016 Juggys have the same endload as the senior....maybe someone else can chime in on that.

jsheets1

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my 16 juggy for the first time tonight. Wow, just wow. Hit one out second at bat and then switched to hitting lefty after we were out of homers. Accidently hit one out lefty. If it keeps it up it will get swings over my j3a.

B17

Where's Larsen?
Hit my 16 juggy for the first time tonight. Wow, just wow. Hit one out second at bat and then switched to hitting lefty after we were out of homers. Accidently hit one out lefty. If it keeps it up it will get swings over my j3a.

RIGHT?!? That's what I've been saying. The '16 is crazy.