J3A vs. AM vs. Mercy

Chico_O

Bat Addict
For those of you that have and or swung all 3 of these great bats-
How would you rate them currently- distance, feel, and pop

And I'd be very interested to hear how you would rate them say 300-400 hits later.

I feel as though you really cant go wrong with either bat- each bat will swing different, and each player has a bat that fits their swing better than the others.

Please try to include what balls you are hitting with- and for the mashers- distance on your HRs (avg)

That all being said- how would you guys rate these 3 hot sticks?

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
they will prob. be rated like this

#1A

#1B

#1C

lol.....if the AM is better than the j3a and mercy I wonder how it's legal....no sarcarsm there either...there are guys in my area that say no matter what they aren't buying the AM bcus there is no way that a bat can be hotter than the Mercy

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
As soon as I swing my AM I will update as I have swung the other two.

For the record I prefer the mercy to the J3a with the .52's.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
We use .44's here and I prefer the Mercy over the J3A- just fits my swing better, and the bat is just flat out nasty- I've had some great shots with the J3A for sure, but nothing like the Mercy...

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
We use .44's here and I prefer the Mercy over the J3A- just fits my swing better, and the bat is just flat out nasty- I've had some great shots with the J3A for sure, but nothing like the Mercy...

I go back and forth between the mercy and j3a. Pretty soon ill have an am too. Right now I believe that I'm more consistent with the j3. That mercy is no joke though. If I can manage my swing enough with the mercy, the ball flys off the bat. Unfortunately I tend to be out in front of a lot of pitches when I swing the mercy. I hope that the am is the best of both bats for my swing.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
I go back and forth between the mercy and j3a. Pretty soon ill have an am too. Right now I believe that I'm more consistent with the j3. That mercy is no joke though. If I can manage my swing enough with the mercy, the ball flys off the bat. Unfortunately I tend to be out in front of a lot of pitches when I swing the mercy. I hope that the am is the best of both bats for my swing.

^ Im hoping the AM is the same! That's why I wanted to know what people thought about the 3- I dont even care that people call it a pretty bat, or say "You use a women's bat?" when you drop shots like its your job.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Personally i liked both the Mercy and J3, still waiting for my AM, but for me it was the J3 with the edge to the mercy.

Got more distance with the J3 mostly between 340-370 where the mercy was between 320-340 range.. I could never really seem to hit the Mercy solid with good spin.
Both bats are amazing tho and out of all the new ASA only bats they were leaps ahead of the others.

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
I have swung all 3 and it's honestly a feel thing. I think the Mercy hits harder cover 44's better and does well with 52's. J3A does better with softer cover 44's and hits 52's better then the Mercy Imo. The AM hits 44's great but owns 52's.

Distance J3A (700+) AM (80) Mercy (50)
Exit Speed AM J3A Mercy

And the difference is like splitting hairs. I prefer the feel of the AM over the J3A and I have trouble swinging a 26oz Balanced Mercy. This is gonna be different with everyone.

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
And I will say I believe the AM will get there in distance once broke in fully because of the way balls spin off it. If you cut it they fly like no other but when u square up it hits some of the nastiest knuckleballs I've seen. And I will say my J3A is on down right retarded mode right now.

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
27oz single layer of black hockey tape and GNR... Usually puts them around 27.6 or so...

Note: I've always had trouble swinging 26oz.... It's a mental thing for me

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
Of course, I have my aftermath sitting here, but I have 2 problems. First, it won't stop raining long enough to hit and no releif in sight for a few days and second, got hurt playing my last game....pulled groin, good times.

I am dying to hit the AM against my mercy.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Of course, I have my aftermath sitting here, but I have 2 problems. First, it won't stop raining long enough to hit and no releif in sight for a few days and second, got hurt playing my last game....pulled groin, good times.

I am dying to hit the AM against my mercy.

I'm looking forward to your review LB, I've got 2AMs on the way but probably wont swing them until after July at least according to SBF.

So until then I live vicariously through you guys lol.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
I went with a 26 J3A- im thinking about picking up a 27- I just wasnt as consistent with the 26 J3A to keep using- My Mercy on the other hand has been very consistent and rakes the ball-

I heard there was some magic in those 27s ;) So Im going to give it another shot if I can find a 27- in the meantime, I'll just waiting patiently for the AM's to come in.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
I went with a 26 J3A- im thinking about picking up a 27- I just wasnt as consistent with the 26 J3A to keep using- My Mercy on the other hand has been very consistent and rakes the ball-

I heard there was some magic in those 27s ;) So Im going to give it another shot if I can find a 27- in the meantime, I'll just waiting patiently for the AM's to come in.

No, I had a 27 and there was no magic.:p If you like the mercy and hit it better than the J3a you had, I'd just stick with it. Had same reason as you to move my J3a, just more consistent with Mercy than J3a.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
No, I had a 27 and there was no magic.:p If you like the mercy and hit it better than the J3a you had, I'd just stick with it. Had same reason as you to move my J3a, just more consistent with Mercy than J3a.

LOL well that just saved me a few bills ;) thanks LB!

I'll just pick up another Mercy for Backup sake then :p lol

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
LOL well that just saved me a few bills ;) thanks LB!

I'll just pick up another Mercy for Backup sake then :p lol

Yeah, if the AM doesn't hang with my mercy, I'll trade it for a backup Mercy. Hoping the rain stops here one of these days so I can finally hit the damn thing!!!

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Only major problem i had with the mercy is it failed compression testing miserably... I had 20 swings on mine and didnt even come close to passing. So id advise that if you play in a league that uses compression testing or play in any major tournaments (state,nationals and on) to stay away from the Mercy.

Other then that its a good bat.

Roundin4

Hit it and Sit it
Right now I prefer my J3A over the AM. using 44-375 trump stotes & SB12's. I'm having health issues right now so I'm swinging lighter. I get more raw distance with the J3a vs. both balls but more pop w the AM. The exit speed .isnt as noticed vs. stotes but VERY evident against the SB12. much harder pop off the AM.

Roundin4

Hit it and Sit it
Just need to add though that EVERYONE on my team has put their bat down for the AM. Soooo now how do I get them to stop!

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Going to be hard now, for sure.

I've decided to let the team swing my AM that I am swinging. If it breaks, I've got 2 more......and then I can just swing the next one

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
Right now I prefer my J3A over the AM. using 44-375 trump stotes & SB12's. I'm having health issues right now so I'm swinging lighter. I get more raw distance with the J3a vs. both balls but more pop w the AM. The exit speed .isnt as noticed vs. stotes but VERY evident against the SB12. much harder pop off the AM.

Nice, I was hoping the AM would hit the SB12 that we use in my Sunday league well.

Nobody else is touching mine, except maybe a few BP swings to see if they want to buy one.

dish0005

'murica!
Yeah, if the AM doesn't hang with my mercy, I'll trade it for a backup Mercy. Hoping the rain stops here one of these days so I can finally hit the damn thing!!!

what size AM you get? I have an AM on the way and if I like it, I'd trade my 26oz Mercy for another (bros helping bros :) )

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication

I've got all 3 in same weight. Mercy has been my gamer all year and hits lasers. My team murders the ball with my 27 j3a and 26 is catching up but not there yet (not as many hits). The 26 j3a does not have the distance of the mercy yet. My aftermath was right there with less than 50 hits and may be my gamer for rest of season. Ball just launches off. Feels like a midloaded mercy to me. They both weigh exactly around 25.7 on scale with og grips on em. If one of you look to move an 26 or 27 aftermath I'd consider trading one of my mercy's.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got all 3 in same weight. Mercy has been my gamer all year and hits lasers. My team murders the ball with my 27 j3a and 26 is catching up but not there yet (not as many hits). The 26 j3a does not have the distance of the mercy yet. My aftermath was right there with less than 50 hits and may be my gamer for rest of season. Ball just launches off. Feels like a midloaded mercy to me. They both weigh exactly around 25.7 on scale with og grips on em. If one of you look to move an 26 or 27 aftermath I'd consider trading one of my mercy's.

Science!!!!!!