Jak'd Nemesys vs Combat Assault

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
I have only heard little bits about these two bats compared to each other, but I just had someone ask me which is better, and I didn't have an answer because I haven't swung the Assault before.

For those few of you that have swung both, how would you compare the Assault to the Nemesys? Things like performance, durability, anything else!

luckydog_20

I would say from what i have read that the nemesys is equal to a senior bat and the assault is just a shade behind it performance wise. Durability not really sure. havnt heard of a bunch of people breaking the assualt yet though either.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the main issue with the comparison is that the assault hasn't been out for long enough for enough people to have used both or even really use the assault outside. I have kind of been avoiding Combat on the whole because of the durability issues many of their bats seem to have. I know the Nemesys isn't exactly known for durability but if the assault had the typical combat durability, then I wouldn't be concerned.

Diontime

Addicted to Softballfans
Used both NOW, and the Jak'd Nemmy is hands down better, the Assault doesn't even compare sounds and feels super solid.:) Jak'd Nemmy all the way, would use it against any other bat.:D:eek:

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I have kind of been avoiding Combat on the whole because of the durability issues many of their bats seem to have. I know the Nemesys isn't exactly known for durability but if the assault had the typical combat durability, then I wouldn't be concerned.

combat seems like a pretty weird company when it comes to durability.

seems like their asa stuff is on the fragile side, at least in terms of total swings, although you probably get close to the same number of games swings when comparing the pre-abi stuff. AV is game ready in 100hits, compared to 1000 with bats from easton, worth, demarini, etc, so even though you may get 1000 less hits, there all BP hits anyway.

and then you look at their senior bats, which are considered some of the MOST durable of all senior bats. honestly the senior bats seems to last almost as long as the ASA bats. that just seems bizarre to me when you think of most other company's that have ASA bats that aren't even broken in by the time their senior bats are broken in two.

so yeah, just something i've always though strange about combat. seems they are the only company that gets better durability with hotter bats:confused:

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
I had heard that it wasn't Combat specifically but the same company that supplies the bats to Combat. I can't remember their name though.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
CE makes Combats, the Nemesys and made the OG Reapers as well as a few others. Schutt maybe?

Like has already been said, both are great bats but the Nemesys is the hottest legal NSA bat up here, followed by the Assault. You'll pay a fortune for the Nemesys for a bat that has poor durability and no warranty(30 days is nothing) or a little less for an Assault with a 1 year warranty. Your call on the slightly hotter but more risky Nemesys vs the returnable, more durable and nearly as hot Assault. Either bat will make you giggle. :D

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
The Nemesys is already bought. I'm going with performance I know rather than taking a gamble on a bat I have never swung. The Nemesys always made me giggle. The only bat to do that since the Nemesys was the 26oz Phenix.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
The Nemesys is already bought. I'm going with performance I know rather than taking a gamble on a bat I have never swung. The Nemesys always made me giggle. The only bat to do that since the Nemesys was the 26oz Phenix.

Nothing will outperform the Nemmy, just hope you don't break it and end up with a BLackout or nothing in return. ;)

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
3 of my teammates also bought a Nemmy so I may not even need to take mine out! I think all of them are going to heavily restrict who swings theirs though as everyone I knew that had one in the past let the entire team swing it. :(

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
CE makes Combats, the Nemesys and made the OG Reapers as well as a few others. Schutt maybe?

Like has already been said, both are great bats but the Nemesys is the hottest legal NSA bat up here, followed by the Assault. You'll pay a fortune for the Nemesys for a bat that has poor durability and no warranty(30 days is nothing) or a little less for an Assault with a 1 year warranty. Your call on the slightly hotter but more risky Nemesys vs the returnable, more durable and nearly as hot Assault. Either bat will make you giggle. :D

Schutt yes and I believe Nike too

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans

for an NSA bat, 100% agree.

but if we look at the nemy for what it really is, the durability and a 30day warranty is almost industry leading for a senior bat;)

i have to say though, the assault sounds more and more interesting. I had always thought of the assault more along the lines of the other NSA canada bats like the CDN OTC and Jolt, not so much the nemy. just not sure i can justify spending 300bux for a bat i can use in games. no NSA this year

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
for an NSA bat, 100% agree.

but if we look at the nemy for what it really is, the durability and a 30day warranty is almost industry leading for a senior bat;)

The problem with the warranty is that once this last small run of bats are gone, there's nothing to return the Nemmy for anyways. If you're lucky and actually find an address to ship a Jak'd to, best case scenario is you get a Blackout back which we all know is a POS.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
The problem with the warranty is that once this last small run of bats are gone, there's nothing to return the Nemmy for anyways. If you're lucky and actually find an address to ship a Jak'd to, best case scenario is you get a Blackout back which we all know is a POS.

very true, the warranty is pretty moot. i was just saying that's to be expected with a senior bat.

the problem is the damn NSA stamp that costs 200bux:p

i'm glad i've got one jak'd, if i had the cashola i'd grab another, but that's probably be it. i very rarely ever use it. i just feel like an a-hole bringing a bat like that to the leagues i play in. plus i have those kind of teams that don't understand not all bats are team bats, and it's just not worth the hassles

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
I think by the time it is warm enough to swing it, the warranty will be expired anyways. :p Still, With my Freak and Rd28 in the bag already, the nemesys will see infrequent use so I'm not overly concerned. My only concern is the backlash from my teammates when I don't let them swing it.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I think by the time it is warm enough to swing it, the warranty will be expired anyways. :p Still, With my Freak and Rd28 in the bag already, the nemesys will see infrequent use so I'm not overly concerned. My only concern is the backlash from my teammates when I don't let them swing it.

warranty starts in may i believe