Not GTG jboogie NGTG

surfacedreamer

The Veteran
Long story (somewhat) short...

8/8/2014 - Agreed to price for a 27oz FuDawg (http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1374064) and sent money (gifted)

8/9/14 - Received follow up text from jboogie with FedEx shipping label attached stating he was shipping out that afternoon.

8/14/2014 - No bat/package from FedEx. Look at tracking number and last activity was on 8/12/2014 at a substation in CA. Contact FedEx and they state they have no idea where package is. I contact jboogie and let him know no bat has arrived and that I'm talking with FedEx. He responds to let him know and that he does have insurance on the bat/package. I open a case with FedEx to have them do a trace to find out where the package is. Jboogie responds later in teh evening stating he just received a call from FedEx and that the package will arrive the following day, 8/15/2014

8/15/2014 - Comes and goes, no package/bat

8/16/2014 - I text jboogie and let him know no package arrived and he responds stating he will follow up with FedEx

8/18/2014 - I've not heard nothing since 8/16/2014 so I text jboogie and let him know I spoke with FedEx. FedEx still can't locate the package. We speak verbally on the phone for a short period; jboogie tells me he shipped multiple bats that day and that the bat/package does have insurance on it. Jboogie agrees to keep contacting FedEx to try and locate the package

8/19/2014 - I contacted FedEx and sent text message to jboogie with FedEx update; no response from jboogie

8/20/2014 - I receive a text from jboogie stating he called FedEx and that a supervisor would be calling him back. No further communication

8/21/2014 - I text jboogie to find out what's going on since I never heard anythign else on 8/20/2014. Jboogie states he talked to an investigator and that she'll call back tomorrow or file a claim. He also states he's looking for another Fu to send me. I let him know that another Fu in the same condition is fine. If he can't find one just refund my money works as well

8/22/2014 - I look at the FedEx tracking number and notice an update that shows "delivery exception, Damaged, handling per shipper instructions. Unable to deliver." I text jboogie with the updated information and give him my case number for the package. He responds with "what did they say" and I repeat the information I originally sent him. I also send him a message on the boards with the detailed info I sent on the text message in case my texts were getting truncated. No further communications from jboogie

8/25/2014 - Having heard no further update from jboogie since 8/22/2014 I send him a text message and asked for an update. I again state that if he hasn't found a replacement bat that a refund of the money is fine. He replies stating he is at work and will call FedEx in a few. Later in the day, no update so I send a text message letting him know I spoke with FedEx and they indicated the bat was so badly damaged they destroyed/disposed of it. FedEx indicated they have some sort of damage report on the package but I have not been able to get ahold of it. Jboogie and I talk verbally on the phone and he asks to give him until Wednesday (8/27/2014) to get things straightened out. I agree and we go from there

8/28/2014 - Having not heard anything from jboogie the day before as we verbally agreed upon I try to call - no answer. I send a text message in the AM stating I want to get things settled and don't want to delay things any longer. No response throughout the day. I send a follow up message late in the evening stating if I don't hear anything by the AM I'll be posting this on the boards as I feel I have no other choice. I send this same information to him on the boards

8/29/2014; no response this AM and here we are. Three weeks later I have no bat, no money returned, and no further responses from jboogie

I place no blame on jboogie for the initial issue with FedEx. I do feel he shipped a package and that FedEx screwed it up. Where I'm having problem is with the followup after the fact. Communications started out well but have fallen off as time has passed. Whether it be with FedEx or with me, jboogie appears to have fallen short in taking care of things. Compound this by the fact that the package has insurance on it according to him, there is no reason I should not have already been refunded my money as I've asked numerous times. I'm still hopefull this deal can be salvaged one way or another but until then I have no choice but to state that as far as I'm concerned at this moment jboogie is NGTG from a seller's perspective and buyer beware from a Buyer's perspective. I will be more than happy to revise this if/when the issues get satisfactorily resolved. And yes - learned my lesson about gifting...

Here is the relevant personal info provided by jboogie and/or FedEx:

jboogie
Jose Cruz (sp?)
Phone 909-936-9782 - no VM setup on phone
Employer/shipper info (given to me by FedEx since he shipped the package from his work): Teradek LLC
34B Mauchly, Irvine, CA 92618
949-743-9533

Paypal info for the transaction:
Brianna Mejia
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited:

Mudbuster87

The Veteran
I agree with Justin. Call and ask to speak with his boss. Let his boss know what happened and ask if he could help you out.

surfacedreamer

The Veteran
Thanks everybody for the feedback and support. Not sure why this deal had to go so sideways but after some communications with the shipper and Jboogie over the weekend, I finally have a refund of my money as of this morning.