JH Liberty

mrmurph01

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody put some swings on one yet? I have one that I haven't gotten to swing yet. I will say that just from dry swinging it does seem heavier than sticker weight. Wondering if anybody has put enough swings on one to have formed an opinion yet.

u2 hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
It's probably just the watermelon with different paint. Weighting sounds exactly the same.
If that's the case it's fire out of the wrapper.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
My buddy got one and we're hitting it today. It's a 27.5 but on my scale it was at 28.33 with the wrapper on. Sure didn't feel like it was that heavy and I swing 27's.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
Well we hit the jh Liberty today. We were in the cage so can't comment on distance. The first thing you notice is that the barrel feels like there's a light tacky spray on it, kinda weird. Again we were in the cage so I couldn't tell if the finish helped spin or not. Exit speed seemed just as good as the other bats ( 250 hit fulk, 1,000 hit grey jh legit). So needless to say this bat is gamer status right out of the wrapper. Feels the same as the grey pink jh legit If you ask me. I'm betting these will fail compression fairly quickly since it was so hot out of the wrapper. It's a great looking bat, not too crazy looking. If you like Worth 2 piece bats then this will not disappoint, my buddy and I really liked it.

Train44

Coach
I have hit the bat quite a few times...yes, there is a tacky feel with the barrel. It helps to grab the ball better and give you greater spin (top or back). When it starts to go away, wipe the barrel with a damp cloth and it comes right back. It's odd, but definitely works. It is a .5oz EL, not like the .5oz Reload Lite. This is more of a balanced weighting. The bat is very good out of the wrapper and definitely one of my favorites this year.

I have really enjoyed the entire JH line this year as you can tell from my signature...lol

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
I have hit the bat quite a few times...yes, there is a tacky feel with the barrel. It helps to grab the ball better and give you greater spin (top or back). When it starts to go away, wipe the barrel with a damp cloth and it comes right back. It's odd, but definitely works. It is a .5oz EL, not like the .5oz Reload Lite. This is more of a balanced weighting. The bat is very good out of the wrapper and definitely one of my favorites this year.

I have really enjoyed the entire JH line this year as you can tell from my signature...lol

yeah but train likes barnyard animals too...so there's that

Last edited:

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Has anyone hit both the Watermelon and the Liberty?

Curious as to how they compare to each other... I too have heard the 'they're the same bat minus the tacky barrel'

Just trying to figure it out, any information is appreciated.

-G

Last edited:

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
If anyone has a 26.5oz JH Liberty they are looking to trade for a Patriot shoot me a PM please. Would like to try one of these out.

Last edited:

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll have both to hit this week and let you know what I think
Has anyone hit both the Watermelon and the Liberty?

Curious as to how they compare to each other... I too have heard the 'they're the same bat minus the tacky barrel'

Just trying to figure it out, any information is appreciated.

-G

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Random question for those of who have hit the JH Liberty.... Does it have the 'normal' Worth Legit grip? The pictures I've seen it looks more like the Miken grip. I know it has absolutely nothing to do with performance; it's just a preference thing.

Thanks.

-G

Last edited:

single wally

Professional Amateur
Teammate of mine has a 27.5oz that he took just 5-6 swings with after a game last night and it had great exit speed. We'll be BPing it this weekend and give a review. Barrel is noticeably tacky. If the graphics had one star instead of two it would basically be the Texas flag.

Anyone other reviews on this?

Rallycap

Star Player
I've been swinging the Liberty (balanced) for awhile now. Estimating ~400 hits on it. I thought it would be testing 230 or something by now the way the ball is jumping off it. But I got it tested yesterday and it's only at 260! I'm really happy about that. It's taken punishment and holding its compression. I must be too small for this game....

cmb34

Star Player
I prefer the liberty over the melon, KY liberty has less than 300 swings and is fire, my melon never seemed to open up so I got rid of it... Just my 2 cents

chinese freak

Addicted to Softballfans
My buddy wants to trade his Patriot for my Insane3. Do get think that this is a good trade ???????????. Both bats are NIW so I'm not sure. I'm usually an Z2+ kind of guy :):):)

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I'm up in the air between a 26.5oz JH liberty or 27oz Bj Fulk elite. I love my 26oz resmondo legit, just wish I would've gotten it in 27oz.

Rallycap

Star Player
My Liberty has taken some punishment and is holding up extremely well. No rattle, no paint seems, nothing. Estimating ~800 or more hits and it's sitting just below 250 on the tester. And I forget to mention, it's en fuego.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Just got a 2635oz JH Liberty in yesterday used. Had 100 hits on it a most. Bat is pretty damn impressive! Almost put down my OG F12 gamer last night during league games. A couple guys on the team swung it during bp an loved it. Might be the sleeper bat for this year.