Jimmy V NIT Raleigh, NC April 30-May1 Who's playing?

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
0 HR's in USSSA D is pitiful. I'm not sure why they won't up the limit but the C didn't even make so it was play D or don't play at all.

I heard Wicked Sticks has a few players that are really mouthy. I wish them well all year if what I heard is true.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
0 HR's in USSSA D is pitiful. I'm not sure why they won't up the limit but the C didn't even make so it was play D or don't play at all.

I heard Wicked Sticks has a few players that are really mouthy. I wish them well all year if what I heard is true.

If you're playing D, you shouldn't be hitting them out anyway.

Play up.

DixieFM0

Addicted to Softballfans
They had a B/C(NSA 5 Star Series) tourny last Saturday in Rock Hill. Had 7 or 8 teams. It was a 1 day, HR rule was 4 and 1up. Could have hit alot of HR's that counted. Not trying to be a smartass, just letting you guys know.

DixieFM0

Addicted to Softballfans
Here are the dates

April 30 - May 1, 2011 - Cherry Park, Rock Hill, SC
May 14-15 - Burlington City Park, Burlington, NC
June 11-12 - Walnut Creek Softball Complex, Raleigh, NC
July 9 - 10 - Roanoke Valley, VA (Salem)
July 22nd-23rd Rock Hill SC

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
If you're playing D, you shouldn't be hitting them out anyway.

Play up.

Gotta love it when people chime in and know nothing about what they speak of. C was cancelled and if a B/C tourney does make anywhere around here it is the same 3-4 teams I have played with or against for the last 5+ years. So you can drive hours to play the same few teams, and even in USSSA C (and I've played B also which is only 4) is 2 HR's and considering every player on a true C team can go yard 2 HR's is still pitiful.

Granted our local USSSA director is clueless maybe you could come help him out so the higher classes actually make. I'm all for it.

I should have also added this past weekend in D I saw almost every player that has played C around here playing D, why? because there was no C. It was better competition to come play D than go to the other semi local tourney that had 5 teams who were ducking the competitive teams.

All this is coming from someone who really doesn't care anymore but I've been around the game long enough to know how things really are.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
They had a B/C(NSA 5 Star Series) tourny last Saturday in Rock Hill. Had 7 or 8 teams. It was a 1 day, HR rule was 4 and 1up. Could have hit alot of HR's that counted. Not trying to be a smartass, just letting you guys know.

I've been to one NSA tourney this year and the B/C flight was all the same teams that were playing in the USSSA D NIT this past weekend. I do like the higher HR rule though.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Gotta love it when people chime in and know nothing about what they speak of. C was cancelled and if a B/C tourney does make anywhere around here it is the same 3-4 teams I have played with or against for the last 5+ years. So you can drive hours to play the same few teams, and even in USSSA C (and I've played B also which is only 4) is 2 HR's and considering every player on a true C team can go yard 2 HR's is still pitiful.

Granted our local USSSA director is clueless maybe you could come help him out so the higher classes actually make. I'm all for it.

I should have also added this past weekend in D I saw almost every player that has played C around here playing D, why? because there was no C. It was better competition to come play D than go to the other semi local tourney that had 5 teams who were ducking the competitive teams.

All this is coming from someone who really doesn't care anymore but I've been around the game long enough to know how things really are.

You're right, I'm totally new to this game. :rolleyes:

It's all the sandbagging that's made all the higher classifications dry up like that.

Stretch19

Grow up
I've been to one NSA tourney this year and the B/C flight was all the same teams that were playing in the USSSA D NIT this past weekend. I do like the higher HR rule though.

Most of the teams eligible for the 5 star series arent eligible to play USSSA D, the only one that I know of that might is Wicked Sticks, but thats cause they arent a B/C team. Here were the teams in Rock Hill last weekend for the 5 star event:

1.S&S
2.Spencers
3.Gas-It/Lewis lawn
4.East Coast Worth
5.Sons of the American legion
6.Bedrock
7.B&B/Sears/N&N Finishing
8.Briggs Collision/LA
9.Dem Boys

Stretch19

Grow up

congrats on coming back to win the Super NIT though...yall got a good squad and hit it a ton; was surprised to see yall back in E though after the success you had last year

DixieFM0

Addicted to Softballfans
Stretch, we didn't win a tourny last year. Placed in alot, but never could get over the hump. This year we already been bumped in ever santion in South Carolina. We can play E in the National tournys, but not state level. Yall have a good team. We will see yall alot this year.

Stretch19

Grow up
Stretch, we didn't win a tourny last year. Placed in alot, but never could get over the hump. This year we already been bumped in ever santion in South Carolina. We can play E in the National tournys, but not state level. Yall have a good team. We will see yall alot this year.

damn, really? i would have never guessed that...sounds like our story from the past 2 years then, always consistent, always placed well, but could never win! i think we would have given yall a lil better of a game if we had caught you a little earlier in the day, but still think yall beat us more times than not. you got a good bunch though, what pos did you play?

DixieFM0

Addicted to Softballfans
I think I EH agaisnt yall, but played 3rd some on Sunday as well. I played 3rd last year agaisnt you guys(reloaded team). We hit it pretty good late Sunday. The first game against EJ's was close, second game wasn't.

Stretch19

Grow up
Whoever played 3b vs us Sunday made a couple nice plays. I had to come in and play
3b when we went to 5 man and was glad all I got was a line drive hahaha

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
You're right, I'm totally new to this game. :rolleyes:

It's all the sandbagging that's made all the higher classifications dry up like that.

Well please fix it for me then, much appreciated.

True weekend teams play all year for one thing, to win a world. I don't like sandbagging either but I am living in the real world here and I know how things are. It really doesn't make alot of sense to a sponsor to spend a ton of money playing C all year locally to go to the C world and get drilled by B teams, so they play down. I've been to B and C worlds and we played ALOT of A players.

Most of the teams eligible for the 5 star series arent eligible to play USSSA D, the only one that I know of that might is Wicked Sticks, but thats cause they arent a B/C team. Here were the teams in Rock Hill last weekend for the 5 star event:

1.S&S
2.Spencers
3.Gas-It/Lewis lawn
4.East Coast Worth
5.Sons of the American legion
6.Bedrock
7.B&B/Sears/N&N Finishing
8.Briggs Collision/LA
9.Dem Boys

I've played with some of the Gas-It guys and against alot of those other teams and they are all really B/C teams. That looks like a good tourney there but as usual it was 9 teams and probably a few of them didn't belong.

You know who won it?

G-Dub

Addicted to Softballfans

True weekend teams play all year for one thing, to win a world. I don't like sandbagging either but I am living in the real world here and I know how things are. It really doesn't make alot of sense to a sponsor to spend a ton of money playing C all year locally to go to the C world and get drilled by B teams, so they play down. I've been to B and C worlds and we played ALOT of A players.

I've played with some of the Gas-It guys and against alot of those other teams and they are all really B/C teams. That looks like a good tourney there but as usual it was 9 teams and probably a few of them didn't belong.

You know who won it?

I think the top 4 was as follows:

1. Gas-It
2. S&S
3. B&B
4. Briggs

Also, East Coast Worth didn't play in it.

GLOCKMAN

We played Wicked Sticks Sat. night and they put a beating on us. They have a really good team and like to talk alot, but they backed it up against us.
:D

Stretch19

Grow up
We played Wicked Sticks Sat. night and they put a beating on us. They have a really good team and like to talk alot, but they backed it up against us.
:D

they definitely do and for the most part are a good group of guys...they are a very young team, most of them have only been playing 2 or so years and when they figure it out mentally, they will be very good.

I figured Gas-It did. They have a GREAT team.

yeah b&b was expecting to win it after having Gas-It's number last year, but couldnt get it done. Theres another 5 star event this weekend in Burlington I am pretty sure, Wicked Sticks is going to be playing in this one I believe.

Jonas is big for them, if he doesnt pitch they are a different team, but still good, dont get me wrong... they can hit.

absolutely agree...theres a reason hes a 2 time B Super World MVP; whatd you do to get the ban hammer last week? hahaha

Stretch19

Grow up
from the carolinansa.com website, heres a list of the teams for this weekends 5 Star Event:

1. Spencer's
2. Brigg's ?
3. Sons of Legion
4. Wicked Sticks
5. S&S
6. East Coast / WORTH
7. B&B ?
8. Dem Boyz ?
9. Bedrock ?
10. Gas It
11. Zibo's

rsc17

absolutely agree...theres a reason hes a 2 time B Super World MVP; whatd you do to get the ban hammer last week? hahaha

haha yea I was selling stuff that the store had and I didn't know, was banned til august but Chy helped me out... And I called and explained what happened... Crazy stuff

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired

You know who won it?

ASA is actually working on this.

DixieFM0

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA in South Carolina has maybe 1 tourny all year for B/C class. It's called Upper and anybody can get in it. But all they get are Gas it and the few C teams from SC and NC. 4 HRs and an out