Buyer Beware JimmyH - backs out of deal then lies about it

kw5829998

The Veteran
How it went down: I have an OG Z for sale/trade, JimmyH messages me an offer, I accept, then backs out because he conveniently just found out it's a bad QC number. QC number was included in original thread since day 1.

For Sale/Trade thread:
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1357556

Page one of conversation:

Second page of conversation:
The first paragraph is my response back to him. His response is the second half.

These post shows he knows what a good QC # is and what a bad QC # is. (If he deletes the threads I have a print out of it).
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1290179
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?p=17655225

And now his final comments are:
"One check the conversation never agreed to the trade, you did and asked for pics. Two no need to air our conversation, period. BTW I have only had z2k +s and one other OG. I didn't back out, I had other deals pending, read the entire post before you judge. I'll tell you what, were you going to pay for shipping to Canada?"

JimmyH offered the trade and I accepted. How is that he never agreed? Yes I asked for pictures to make sure we were talking about the right bat but this deal wasn't contingent on those pictures. I was ready to ship without the pictures. And yes I said I would cover the extra costs for shipping to Canada.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, I'm just putting the facts out there.

TXOutlaws

Coach
Seems like a bit much to make a buyer beware thread on him.

No one shipped a bat.. He found out it was a bad batch QC and decided against the trade.

Granted backing out of a deal isn't good practice but not worthy of a thread on him IMO

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
No deal in place yet. You didnt even get his address. Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous.

Joker

this guy has been lying about deals and offers all over the place. he finally got caught

ringer83

Banned User
this guy has been lying about deals and offers all over the place. he finally got caught

I have to agree. Led me a couple times also. Nothing but a waste of time honestly. Been there done that. I no longer reply to his pm's.

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
Constantly trolls price check threads trying to job people. Makes outrageous claims to trade with people. Pretty much does nothing but hinders people who are trying to sell

ringer83

Banned User
Constantly trolls price check threads trying to job people. Makes outrageous claims to trade with people. Pretty much does nothing but hinders people who are trying to sell

Not to mention tried to sell me a 2013 lv1 for 375$ cause it is a "limited edition" lmao!

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
Here he is lying to some guy trying to get a bat super cheap
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1357906

Trying to dupe someone asking about prices by 100 bucks or so
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1354823

Lying about what he offered
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1354441

Lying to impede a sale
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1352850

Screwing around with someone else offering more than listed
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?p=17792534#post17792534

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans

^^^ probably the core issue here. jimmyH loves to throw out mis guided prices in an attempt to get a bargain from the posts I've read and that does hinder any seller.

All that aside though this is not a BB. Maybe he knew the qc was bad. Maybe he didn't (doubtful since he's a self proclaimed tps expert) But it's a reasonable excuse to back out.

Overall though not a fan of jimmyH.

Last edited:

Country35

Banned User
make a thread about this in the OSPB section, put it in your sigs, whatever...................THIS IS NOT A FEEDBACK ISSUE. HE's a ***** yeah, but I'm gonna start BBing anyone with offers I don't like or does things I don't agree with at with this point.

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
If I was a seller, I would want to know if someone was just yanking my chain or lying to me about pricing/offers. Especially if they have a proven constant habit of doing it

Country35

Banned User
If I was a seller, I would want to know if someone was just yanking my chain or lying to me about pricing/offers. Especially if they have a proven constant habit of doing it

If I reported everything like this, there would 100 threads a month from alone. Until addresses and personal information are exchanged there is no solid deal in place. I could leave 2 BB's alone for just this week. If you see someone is a tool or clueless on here, why even respond to their pm's?

scott.MI

The Veteran
BB or not, he sure could use some time memorizing this for future.

1) Look carefully at the description of the item being offered. Ask for clarification before offering to buy something if you are unsure of the quality, usage, model variation, etc.

5) WHEN YOU MAKE AN OFFER AND IT'S ACCEPTED - KEEP YOUR WORD!

Country35

Banned User
If someone can't pm you with a phone # and legit lay out real time offers and ****..............move on right away. If its too good to be true, it probably is.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
lying to back out of a deal is a feedback issue

IF he lied. Did the listing say bad qc or just list the qc number?

I know qc's 3,4,5 are bad but maybe he didn't. Trust me I don't want to support jimmyH by any stretch but we need to stick with facts.

Joker

IF he lied. Did the listing say bad qc or just list the qc number?

I know qc's 3,4,5 are bad but maybe he didn't. Trust me I don't want to support jimmyH by any stretch but we need to stick with facts.

he gave the QC#, and if you look at post #1 you see where jimmyh has threads posted looking for Zs with good QC#s and selling one that has a good QC#. he had to have looked at the number on his bat and known which ones were bad or good

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
he seemed to know what good numbers were 2-3 months ago

Looking for a 26 or 27 oz Z-2000 USSSA balanced or end load. 2013 OG, SB13ZB, SB13ZE. Paying 250-500 based on condition and QC numbers.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
he gave the QC#, and if you look at post #1 you see where jimmyh has threads posted looking for Zs with good QC#s and selling one that has a good QC#. he had to have looked at the number on his bat and known which ones were bad or good

I agree that he more than likely knows which qc's are bad. I would bet on it. But it's a valid excuse to not complete the trade if only the qc number was listed. That's the reality. He wiggled out fairly IMO and no harm has been caused.

Joker

I agree that he more than likely knows which qc's are bad. I would bet on it. But it's a valid excuse to not complete the trade if only the qc number was listed. That's the reality. He wiggled out fairly IMO and no harm has been caused.

no its not a valid excuse. he knows what a bad QC# is and even if he didn't, there are 673 threads about it

p17

I probably should of put a buyer beware or a NGTG, but i bought 2 easton hats from him when he was doing the custom orders. When i got them, they were the wrong design i asked for and the stitching was loose and shoddy. Contacted him and he said he'd call his contact to see what they could do. He then said i'd have to ship it back to him and he'd get me new ones. I didnt think i should pay to ship it back, plus I needed the hats for a tourney, so i asked him if he could give me a fair price on the ones i have and just send me new ones for the price that i already paid.

Then the excuse that he overloaded his guy with orders and it would take a while, after a month i texted him again and he just stopped responding. At that point, i was just tired of his bull****, so i gave up. My bad guys, this probably woulda helped on some of these issues...

this is what the feedback section is for. use it

p17

yeah....thanks for possibly contributing to more people getting ripped off

JimmyH

Addicted to Softballfans
no its not a valid excuse. he knows what a bad QC# is and even if he didn't, there are 673 threads about it

No I didn't, thought 2s and 3s were good honestly. First I never agreed to the deal, second I looked at the LS memo to see which ones were bad again. To his defense I should have done my research first before dialogue ensued. To that end I am willing to complete the deal regardless. I have been serving in far off places and away from the game and this board until a couple of months ago when I returned. I will do all research before I post anything again. Thanks for your interest and concern. Done several great deals and would like to continue.

Joker

No I didn't, thought 2s and 3s were good honestly. First I never agreed to the deal, second I looked at the LS memo to see which ones were bad again. To his defense I should have done my research first before dialogue ensued. To that end I am willing to complete the deal regardless. I have been serving in far off places and away from the game and this board until a couple of months ago when I returned. I will do all research before I post anything again. Thanks for your interest and concern. Done several great deals and would like to continue.
you're a liar