John Calipari

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive never seen that many white folk working at a McDonalds. Cracker ass crackers.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you've cheated so hard for so many years to obtain and you finally get your hands on it I guess taking it to mickie d's is the logical next step.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
Ive never seen that many white folk working at a McDonalds. Cracker ass crackers.

Indeed. I would have called it a recruiting visit had I not seen the picture. I hope the bus runs over him and the trophy.

Last edited:

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
UK basketball is crazy in KY, I mean absolutely CRAZY. This is a great, and cheap, marketing ploy and is another reason why Cal is perfect for the UK fans. He knows what would set them off and he delivers. He's very good at his craft!

eHall

Base burglar
I dont think you understand how deep in the backwoods of kentucky this place was. Those people at that McDs will tell their grand kids about that. It might be the highlight of some of their lives. I dont think any of the workers were old enough to remember Richie leading clay county to the state championship.

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
I dont think you understand how deep in the backwoods of kentucky this place was. Those people at that McDs will tell their grand kids about that. It might be the highlight of some of their lives. I dont think any of the workers were old enough to remember Richie leading clay county to the state championship.

All of my family is from Boyle county.

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
Don't be an idiot.

how am i being an idiot.. camby accepted money from an agent calipari was found to have done no wrong. and Rose was in trouble for having someone take the act for him which still cant be proven. And again calipari was found to have done no wrong. People hate cause he is a great recruiter but has never been in trouble for any kind of recruiting violations. so please show me where he has ever been in trouble.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
^ Show me where OJ Simpson was in trouble. Or when Barry Bonds got caught using steroids. Or Lance Armstrong.

You fools really need to take your blinders off if you think theguy who is recruiting and coaching these guys doesn't know what's going on. Obviously he's smart and covers his tracks well but come on. You have to be completely foolish to think he's clean.

eHall

Base burglar
^ Show me where OJ Simpson was in trouble. Or when Barry Bonds got caught using steroids. Or Lance Armstrong.

You fools really need to take your blinders off if you think theguy who is recruiting and coaching these guys doesn't know what's going on. Obviously he's smart and covers his tracks well but come on. You have to be completely foolish to think he's clean.

J your hate for Kentucky is fierce. We know that. Oj wrote a book on his guilt. Barry Bonds did the same as 100s of other ball players at the time. No one else was hitting 70 hrs.

If cal was cheating at uk, he would have been caught by now. Despite what you think, there is no bigger stage or microscope than at uk. There are a number of media members covering uk that would love to uncover a story. In three years, 2 final fours and a national championship, they are still digging and have not found a hint of gold.

Crean will have a top 5 team next year. Enjoy it. Uk will replace top 6 players and still be top 5. Quit holding onto bob knight values and opinions. It makes you look like a curmudgeon.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
J your hate for Kentucky is fierce. We know that. Oj wrote a book on his guilt. Barry Bonds did the same as 100s of other ball players at the time. No one else was hitting 70 hrs.

If cal was cheating at uk, he would have been caught by now. Despite what you think, there is no bigger stage or microscope than at uk. There are a number of media members covering uk that would love to uncover a story. In three years, 2 final fours and a national championship, they are still digging and have not found a hint of gold.

Crean will have a top 5 team next year. Enjoy it. Uk will replace top 6 players and still be top 5. Quit holding onto bob knight values and opinions. It makes you look like a curmudgeon.

Thing is I don't hate UK that much. What I hate is the double standard that most UK fans have w/ him. Before he was coach he was scum of the Earth cheater. Now it's like you defend him till you die simply because he coaches your school and gets you wins. If you were to say, "Yeah I'm happy we win but he's a shady bastard that gets away w/ it." I wouldn't have a problem, but since most of you paint him like a saint, it's ridiculous.

It's a double standard w/ everything w/ UK fans, everything is spun to benefit them, just like the stupid thread about the Laettner commercial. Or how Shabazz was the next coming of Jesus H. Christ until he chose UCLA, now he's just 'irrelevant', or how IU was terrible and scrubs until 12/10 then they were all of a sudden one of the best teams in the country, the list goes on and on and on...

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
Thing is I don't hate UK that much. What I hate is the double standard that most UK fans have w/ him. Before he was coach he was scum of the Earth cheater. Now it's like you defend him till you die simply because he coaches your school and gets you wins. If you were to say, "Yeah I'm happy we win but he's a shady bastard that gets away w/ it." I wouldn't have a problem, but since most of you paint him like a saint, it's ridiculous.

It's a double standard w/ everything w/ UK fans, everything is spun to benefit them, just like the stupid thread about the Laettner commercial. Or how Shabazz was the next coming of Jesus H. Christ until he chose UCLA, now he's just 'irrelevant', or how IU was terrible and scrubs until 12/10 then they were all of a sudden one of the best teams in the country, the list goes on and on and on...

When IU beat UK i never once thought they had a great team.. thought they shot great 1 game. you guys were what 7-7 from 3pt land your last 7 shots.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
All of my family is from Boyle county.
This explains so much. :D

You're dumb, and he called you a curmudgeon. Who are these UK fans you're talking about, because it's obvious that you have a few UK fans you don't like and you think they represent every UK fan across the country. You also think this is a unique situation for UK, which is stupid. Memphis fans were so happy to get Cal back in the day they acted the same way.

I laughed when Chaney choked him, I've said that several times on here. I said he wasn't my first choice, and I'd wait and see what happeened, but he hasn't done anything yet to concern me so why shouldn't I be happy? Oh, because you'll see that as some sort of double standard homerism. :rolleyes:

I know there are UK fans like that. I've watched games with them, but the idea that there aren't IU fans like that, Duke fans like that, and UNC fans like that is ignorant. I stand by my thread about UK. They're still showing Coach K ads and they lost in the first round to a 15 seed Lehigh. People like the rat, people like Coach Knight(apparently) even though he abused players and was a complete whack job, and people don't like Cal. It's funny to me that you say it's a double standard while you run Cal down out the other side of your mouth.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
When IU beat UK i never once thought they had a great team.. thought they shot great 1 game. you guys were what 7-7 from 3pt land your last 7 shots.

Point I was making is before 12/10 IU was "terrible and overrated, a bunch of scrubs that UK will beat by 50." after IU beat them it was "IU is pretty damn good, probably best in Big 10, they are going to the tournament, blah blah blah" Again, spun to make UK look good.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it

You're dumb, and he called you a curmudgeon. Who are these UK fans you're talking about, because it's obvious that you have a few UK fans you don't like and you think they represent every UK fan across the country. You also think this is a unique situation for UK, which is stupid. Memphis fans were so happy to get Cal back in the day they acted the same way.

I laughed when Chaney choked him, I've said that several times on here. I said he wasn't my first choice, and I'd wait and see what happeened, but he hasn't done anything yet to concern me so why shouldn't I be happy? Oh, because you'll see that as some sort of double standard homerism. :rolleyes:

I know there are UK fans like that. I've watched games with them, but the idea that there aren't IU fans like that, Duke fans like that, and UNC fans like that is ignorant. I stand by my thread about UK. They're still showing Coach K ads and they lost in the first round to a 15 seed Lehigh. People like the rat, people like Coach Knight(apparently) even though he abused players and was a complete whack job, and people don't like Cal. It's funny to me that you say it's a double standard while you run Cal down out the other side of your mouth.

Show me where I ever said that there weren't fans of other school like that. That's right, I didn't. If IU hired Cal I would be pissed and would still call him a cheater, I wouldn't blindly defend him just because he gets my school wins. I never said you couldn't be happy that the team wins. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining by acting like everything is hunky dory all of a sudden.

I do have a few UK fans that are morons and I don't like, problem is that 'few' is turning into 'a lot' the more I talk with UK fans.

Get over yourself, boo ****ing hoo. They show commercials about Coach K because besides Wooden, he's the greatest coach in history, get over it. Again, have you seen a Red Sox fan start a thread about Aaron Boone, or Bucky Dent? Hell of a lot more people care about that then they do UK that's for damn sure.

Also show me where I said I never liked Cal as a person, I'm pretty sure IN THIS THREAD I said I liked him, but he's a shady coach. I also never said **** about Bobby Knight, but I'll tell you I'd take him as coach of my kids any day of the week. Sorry he didn't treat his players like primadonna superstars and actually got his kids educations (which is the point of going to college)

To call me dumb and ignorant and still completely miss the point, stay hot buddy.

nam2212

Dr. Nick

People in Memphis were critical of Cal. All you had to do was listen to any local sports radio broadcast here when he was coaching. It was fairly well known that he was a slimey individual that was really good at not getting caught. To think that he wasn't complicit or at the very least knew about violations is laughable. He may have been unaware that Rose had someone else take the ACT for him but he knew about other violations. A couple of the basketball players had their apartment robbed back in 2004. They had $60K worth of stuff stolen. This included $40K worth of fur coats. Cal said he didn't see anything on the list of stolen items that he felt were out of place for a college student to own. Does that sound right to you? Boosters would blatantly give cash to athletes and I bet Cal knew all about it.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Show me where I ever said that there weren't fans of other school like that. That's right, I didn't. If IU hired Cal I would be pissed and would still call him a cheater, I wouldn't blindly defend him just because he gets my school wins. I never said you couldn't be happy that the team wins. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining by acting like everything is hunky dory all of a sudden.

I do have a few UK fans that are morons and I don't like, problem is that 'few' is turning into 'a lot' the more I talk with UK fans.

Get over yourself, boo ****ing hoo. They show commercials about Coach K because besides Wooden, he's the greatest coach in history, get over it. Again, have you seen a Red Sox fan start a thread about Aaron Boone, or Bucky Dent? Hell of a lot more people care about that then they do UK that's for damn sure.

Also show me where I said I never liked Cal as a person, I'm pretty sure IN THIS THREAD I said I liked him, but he's a shady coach. I also never said **** about Bobby Knight, but I'll tell you I'd take him as coach of my kids any day of the week. Sorry he didn't treat his players like primadonna superstars and actually got his kids educations (which is the point of going to college)

To call me dumb and ignorant and still completely miss the point, stay hot buddy.

You're missing the point because you're bashing UK fans like they're the only ones that act like that whether you say they are or not. Or are you just admitting to be a hypocrite?

I'm not saying it's all hunky dory, but I know that birm is right about the microscope. You know he's right too. Especially considering how dumb our AD and athletic department are. They did a great job helping to cover up Eddie Sutton mailing an envelope of cash across the country, right?

If he wanted to, he could stop doing anything shady at UK. It's not like recruiting to Umass or Memphis, but that doesn't mean I believe he would or is or did.

Get over myself? I never said it wasn't without good reason. As a matter of fact, I said the reason was they didn't like UK and Cal, so it would seem that by the power of logic and reason I'm right. Every year previous this is the time of year where you'd see the new Kemba Walker commercial, or all the Coack K Chevy commercials, but all you've seen is Anthony Davis on Jimmy Kimmel. I'm not crying about it, just stating facts. Should I say you should get over yourself because you're arguing with me? That's the exact same thing I'm saying, just on the opposite side.

You are a curmudgeon.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
People in Memphis were critical of Cal. All you had to do was listen to any local sports radio broadcast here when he was coaching. It was fairly well known that he was a slimey individual that was really good at not getting caught. To think that he wasn't complicit or at the very least knew about violations is laughable. He may have been unaware that Rose had someone else take the ACT for him but he knew about other violations. A couple of the basketball players had their apartment robbed back in 2004. They had $60K worth of stuff stolen. This included $40K worth of fur coats. Cal said he didn't see anything on the list of stolen items that he felt were out of place for a college student to own. Does that sound right to you? Boosters would blatantly give cash to athletes and I bet Cal knew all about it.

First of all, I don't know anything about Memphis or their players. I also don't get their local radio shows.

Secondly, I don't see any coach on the planet saying anything differently in that situation. Not saying it's right, but what do you honestly want him to say? Damn, that sounds fishy. Maybe you should investigate that. WTF?

I am pretty sure that Cal is like every other coach in the country. Some may willfully turn a blind eye, some might hire incompetent people for enforcement, but every coach does something, and you're crazy if you don't believe it. The thing that I think obviously separates him from his current peers is that he recruits much dumber young men, but that does seem to be changing.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
You're missing the point because you're bashing UK fans like they're the only ones that act like that whether you say they are or not. Or are you just admitting to be a hypocrite?

Did I not just ****ing go over this? Did you just choose not to read it?

I'm not saying it's all hunky dory, but I know that birm is right about the microscope. You know he's right too. Especially considering how dumb our AD and athletic department are. They did a great job helping to cover up Eddie Sutton mailing an envelope of cash across the country, right?

If he wanted to, he could stop doing anything shady at UK. It's not like recruiting to Umass or Memphis, but that doesn't mean I believe he would or is or did.

Somehow after all this time you are still missing the point that not being caught does not = being innocent. It's not that hard of a concept, even for a Cayuts fan.

Get over myself? I never said it wasn't without good reason. As a matter of fact, I said the reason was they didn't like UK and Cal, so it would seem that by the power of logic and reason I'm right. Every year previous this is the time of year where you'd see the new Kemba Walker commercial, or all the Coack K Chevy commercials, but all you've seen is Anthony Davis on Jimmy Kimmel. I'm not crying about it, just stating facts. Should I say you should get over yourself because you're arguing with me? That's the exact same thing I'm saying, just on the opposite side.

You are a curmudgeon.

Oh boo frigging hoo. "There's no UK commercials waaahhhh" you sound like a baby back *****, there's really no other way to put it.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did I not just ****ing go over this? Did you just choose not to read it?

Somehow after all this time you are still missing the point that not being caught does not = being innocent. It's not that hard of a concept, even for a Cayuts fan.

Oh boo frigging hoo. "There's no UK commercials waaahhhh" you sound like a baby back *****, there's really no other way to put it.

Of course I read it. I'm of a differing opinion. Get it?

Where did I say that not being caught equals being innocent? Oh right, I didn't. So what's the difficult concept? Oh right, not convicting someone without them at least being found guilty. You struggle with this.

I stated a fact. Several actually, and your only refutations so far are "nuh-uh" and "you sound like a baby back *****". I'll take that as your concession speech. Thanks.

Stay hot .

You realize the difference between Memphis the school, the players, and their fans, right? No? I'm shocked.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
First of all, I don't know anything about Memphis or their players. I also don't get their local radio shows.

Secondly, I don't see any coach on the planet saying anything differently in that situation. Not saying it's right, but what do you honestly want him to say? Damn, that sounds fishy. Maybe you should investigate that. WTF?

I am pretty sure that Cal is like every other coach in the country. Some may willfully turn a blind eye, some might hire incompetent people for enforcement, but every coach does something, and you're crazy if you don't believe it. The thing that I think obviously separates him from his current peers is that he recruits much dumber young men, but that does seem to be changing.

Obviously you don't get the local shows from Memphis. I was just pointing out that fans here were certainly critical of him. Like I said, I don't care at all what he does in KY. Good luck with him and I hope he leaves before the violations catch up to the program. And, yes, I would expect a coach to look into possible violations.