Jose Canseco Swinging the GTL Cartel !!

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Thats kind of what i was thinking when I posted that

Yeah I mean I have never heard of a company paying someone to use their product and put their name on it, then allow them to use whatever product that want. It's terrible business

RollieA

Addicted to Softballfans
This was at the Civil War tourney in Riverside, demarini supply bat tourney, all i got to say is Wow this guy could kill the ball, he clear the black net and some, this was a rough estimate from some of the other people on the other diamond...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dC-1w42WHU

How did you guys end up? Were you playing SS I saw the begening of your guys game at Forbes! I was pitching for Fat Rhinos!

ancientways.sbc

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I mean I have never heard of a company paying someone to use their product and put their name on it, then allow them to use whatever product that want. It's terrible business

how exactly is that terrible business? it was a supplied bat tourney.. do you think miken would get more product sold because bj fulk had to swing it in a supplied bat tourney or would worth get more product sold with a product with his name on it..you guys are looking way to deeply into it...

ancientways.sbc

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think this is the case at all. I just can't believe that worth would let bi fulk swing anything but worth or miken let Denny crime swing anything but miken. I think it's just more proof that bass really has no clue how to run a top of the line company. It's as simple as this. If you don't swing outr product that we pay you for. You don't swing at all. A good company would never allow their poster children to use a rival company's product. Ever

do you really think any company would threaten a top tier guy like fulk, crine or hall because they had to swing another companies bat? no chance that happens, I can imagine worth telling fulk your fired because you played in a supplied bat tourney, then seeing miken , easton and everyone else in line ready to sign him...

ProTow34

just here for the beer!!!
ok.. Canseco inked a deal with bass on thei bat line.. Fulk and Crine have deals with their respective companies as well.. BUT canseco doesnt play on a team that has a bat sponsor, and is free to play in any tournaments that he wants to.. if those tournys happen to be provided bat tournies than that is what he will be swinging.. otherwise he will be using BASS..

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
do you really think any company would threaten a top tier guy like fulk, crine or hall because they had to swing another companies bat? no chance that happens, I can imagine worth telling fulk your fired because you played in a supplied bat tourney, then seeing miken , easton and everyone else in line ready to sign him...

That's not how it works even a little bit. They pay these people to use their product. How do you not understand that. I know for a fact that miken players cannot be seen swinging another product. I know also that a miken team was seen swinging another product and they got their sponsorship pulled. So don't you think they would be even more harsh on their poster child for swinging a rivals product???? You people are just as dumb as bass is. How can you not understand this

deedub

White Ninja
This was a Demarini sponsored event.... I doubt Jose Canseco even thought to ask about swinging Bass, he just went with the rules. I talked with Larsen and he said Canseco didn't even bring it up. NOt sure if that is a good thing or not....but no one could say he was swinging altered bats like everyone was saying after the HR derby with Hallsy.

Tbrix26

Part Time Player
We signed Jose last Wed night, we knew he had this tourney that he had already committed too, since he had already worked out an agreement with the tournament and the directors it was a deal that he had committed to before he signed with us, therefore he had to swing what was already there... Its not bad business, he had an agreement with the tournament before he signed with us, it would have been bad business for us to tell him he couldnt fulfill that commitment that was worked out prior to our contracts. But i guess everyone only looks at one side of the arguments and not what the other factors could have been that were already in play

IcanHit

I don't know why so many guys are hatin on Jose. The guy can swing a bat better than most people out there half his age. I think it's great he is out there playing ball and hitting bombs at almost 50 years of age.

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
I don't know why so many guys are hatin on Jose. The guy can swing a bat better than most people out there half his age. I think it's great he is out there playing ball and hitting bombs at almost 50 years of age.

Well Said!....but that it is how it is now days, anytime he does something good or better then someone then people gtta be hatin!

Last edited: