Just can't pull the trigger

mattya420

Manager
I should start off by saying that I'm not a bat ***** like a lot of you and I really hate paying over $250 for a new stick. I have last year's white DC41 and I love it. I can't see how the new DC or Freak Black will out perform it. I've been over to the store a couple times to look at the new one's but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on the deal. Anybody else going to stick with the white DC or last years models?.....at least for now?

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
I should start off by saying that I'm not a bat ***** like a lot of you and I really hate paying over $250 for a new stick. I have last year's white DC41 and I love it. I can't see how the new DC or Freak Black will out perform it. I've been over to the store a couple times to look at the new one's but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on the deal. Anybody else going to stick with the white DC or last years models?.....at least for now?

u got a og100h and u talking about pulling the trigger? U Have the white DC41, which I am swinging as well and will definitely keep both of them! I mean u literally have the 100h! You are set! GOLDEN!!! how many cuts u have on it!?

mattya420

Manager
u got a og100h and u talking about pulling the trigger? U Have the white DC41, which I am swinging as well and will definitely keep both of them! I mean u literally have the 100h! You are set! GOLDEN!!! how many cuts u have on it!?

I lost count. I'd estimate over 5000. The end cap is cracked and it's flaking paint so it gets tossed by umps at tournies. It's incredible but basically useless to me. I only use it for fall and winter BP.

jhthibod

Addicted to Softballfans
I am dealing with a similar issue. I got both DCs and the Freak 12 - performance-wise I don't see a big difference at all. The only real difference is the weighting and the barrel length. I'd like to just have two bats. My advise is to just swing the DC until it's gone - you won't gain anything major performance wise unless you want a different feel, imo.

King Hippo

Star Player
I'm going through the same thing. I've got the white dc and the triad. Both are great, but the curiosity is killing me. I want to try the freak 12 for the smaller barrel. I figure the new dc and freak black aren't going to be much better than what I have now. But it seemed like the freak 12 was getting some mixed reviews. Same composite as the other models, so it should perform the same. I'll fold sooner than later and just pick one up to try it out.

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
Performance wise they are all pretty much on par with each other. At the end of the day a stock bat can only be so hot! To be honest it just all comes down to which model bat you prefer and fits your swing the best.

mattya420

Manager
I'll fold sooner than later and just pick one up to try it out
I will too but probably after the halfway point of the season when I can barter my local store down to the price point I want. Unless my DC fails compression this weekend.

To be honest it just all comes down to which model bat you prefer and fits your swing the best.
The white DC makes me feel unstoppable.

UTrip127

Extra Hitter
I will too but probably after the halfway point of the season when I can barter my local store down to the price point I want. Unless my DC fails compression this weekend.

The white DC makes me feel unstoppable.
How do you like the Triad 3? And how does it compare to the DC? I'm assuming you have the White DC and Black/Blue Triad? I'm considering buying the Triad 3, though I loved swinging my teammates White DC.

White DC is more durable IMO. Picked up a new DC - which is incredible - but won't pass compression after 150 swings. Also got a Freak Black - cracking after 200 swings.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
White DC is more durable IMO. Picked up a new DC - which is incredible - but won't pass compression after 150 swings. Also got a Freak Black - cracking after 200 swings.

This is not a fare assessment. Most bats go quicker with you swinging them vs. the avg player. Even with those Easton tanks:D

UTrip127

Extra Hitter
Ended up pulling the trigger, lol. Was going to get a Triad 3 USSSA but they were sold out so I picked up the Freak Black for a couple extra bucks. Can't wait to swing it!

King Hippo

Star Player
How do you like the Triad 3? And how does it compare to the DC? I'm assuming you have the White DC and Black/Blue Triad? I'm considering buying the Triad 3, though I loved swinging my teammates White DC.

Yes I have the white DC and blk blue triad. Triad is great. It's less endloaded then the DC. It almost feels mid load.The DC broke in a little quicker and I've been primarily swinging it since. I've been messing around with a full overlap and the endload from the DC helps give me a little extra snap in my wrists. Little more distance with the dc so far. Triad has around 150 swings and feels like it needs to be broken in more. But when I sayThe DC is getting more distance that doesn't mean the triad is a slouch. The triad was keeping up with my well broken in 2014 CL 22 right out of the wrapper. If you don't like a lot of endload by all means pick one up they are excellent bats.

adunaway16

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team has a miken buy in and we have had several blacks break/crack in under 50 swings. And also have several more blacks and fallens that prob wont pass compression that are 200-300 swings in. I am the only one that has the Freak 12 and it has around 30 swings on it... so far its holding up but it is almost identical to the black... I only wish the Freak 12 had the weighting of the DC-41

adunaway16

Addicted to Softballfans
Whats The difference? Just less end load?
Yes the DC41 has a full 1 oz endload where as the Freak 12 is the exact same as the freak black which is only a 1/2 oz endload.. Which is/was supposed to take place of the triad.
On the order sheet with Miken the true name for the 12 is "freak black 12"
I think the thought behind it is good but to me having a 12" barrel is pointless without being fully enloaded. I guess that's why it is having such mixed reviews

UTrip127

Extra Hitter
Freak Black breaking in 50 swings? I really hope that isn't the case with mine. Was hoping to use it for a couple seasons.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

if you add the freak black to your cart, i think it's only $219. if you pm milocoman on the dc41, i'm sure it will be under $250 as well. based on what i've read, the freak black is the same as the dc41 with 1/4oz less endload.

JPG

Lefty

If I were you I would stick to your guns especially hearing your way of purchase. There is no need to spend more money on a bat that will only perform just as good faster and a new paint job. If I was you I would stick to the 2015 series of mikens and save yourself money.

I only got the new freak12 because I have always liked the 12" barrels but It would be silly for me to get the new mikens when my last year models are killing it.

mattya420

Manager
"pulled the trigger" on another white DC last night. Grabbed a 26oz for $199 from my local store. They're out of 27's and the 28 just feels too much like a sledge hammer.

mattya420

Manager
Doesn't make sense for me to buy from the store. Shipping and duty and the current exchange rate makes it cost more than I can get it for up here.

Our team has a miken buy in and we have had several blacks break/crack in under 50 swings. And also have several more blacks and fallens that prob wont pass compression that are 200-300 swings in. I am the only one that has the Freak 12 and it has around 30 swings on it... so far its holding up but it is almost identical to the black... I only wish the Freak 12 had the weighting of the DC-41

They seem to be fragile but I'll keep buying them. Fresh out of the wrapper, I'll BP one and then right when you hear that sound change it goes in the bag.