Just for fun...

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
So, I'm coming up on a year in this hobby. I've met lots of great guys who have helped and shared their knowledge to which im very greatful. When I was thinking about this, I was also thinking about all the gloves I went through in the beginning trying top figure out what I liked and what I didnt. The funny thing is, now when I look at my collection I notice that about half of it are actually "doubles". That got me thinking that well, at least I've learned what I like. Now that I know what I like, I thought itd be fun for you guys to share what YOU personally like. For example, I know Fred is all about the TB24 or PRO-T and has doubles. Who else has multiple version of the same pattern from different time periods and what pattern is it? I assume itd be because its your favorite? lets see some pics too!!!

lastly, I know the 6xtc and spt are not the same.. just the closest I could get as I'll prob never get to sniff an actual vintage SPT lol
CMHC is my favorite and I've had 6 or 7 others in the past year however these versions are the ones that stuck due to feel or play etc.
The RV23 is my favorite modern pattern and although I've had each version offerend by DMS to date, the horween tan is MY favorite version so it stuck as well :)

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice collection sir!! I'm a glove noob for sure so excuse my asking, but what glove is that with the blacked out flag patch on the thumb.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Nice collection sir!! I'm a glove noob for sure so excuse my asking, but what glove is that with the blacked out flag patch on the thumb.

Thanks bud! Thats an rv23. Just thought it was funny, but unintentionally this part of my collection has taken on a theme. For gloves l8ke the tb24 or el3 that have new versions each year do you guys tend to get each edition? Id imagine the 504 is something someone has a few different version of. I wondered if its more common to have 1 of many diff patterns or multiples of favorites?!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Big Mac I like the way you think.

I've decided to only buy Mizuno Traps and Horween TBs.
Thats truly all I like. And yes, def have some twins.

btw, that Rawlings 1B looks just like my High School Mitt,
Those patterns are awesome. Is that first one signed by
Big Mac himself?

Mizuno MZG008

Mizuno GZPichiro51 & MZPichiro51

Rawllings PRO–JR24

Collection
Lots–O’ Traps

Arizonasoftball

Big Mac himself?

Mizuno MZG008

Rawllings PRO–JR24

Collection
Lots–O’ Traps

You know you have a problem when you buy gloves that are RHT and you are a LHT. Nice Fred

Nik750

Starting Player
I'm big into PRO1000s- I have had over 5 different variations of them. Recently I've been really digging mesh though, especially in the DJ2/NP pattern.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Everytime I see em I cant stop staring at the Revolution Griffeys!! So swweeeetttt!!!!!
Mcgwire auto just came from the bay. Its neat bc the glove itself is a version I've never seen before and I've owned 7 or 8 of em. Its from after these ceased to be made at retail and oddly has just the long Phily tag on it. The date code also reads as if its from 2014 but was part of that error group from that time where b=0 and is actually from 2003. All the other phily ones I've had were VERY thick and you can just tell the difference between the feel in the usa and overseas version. This is from over seas, but feels like the USA. I could also tell it was different because it didnt have the GG company stamp, but rather the sewn patch on the back side. Again, small changes but when you find a new version of your fav glove its pretty cool :) best part was, auction ended at $202. I've sold used ones for more so I couldnt be happier!! MY grail is the version with his name on the side and the dots which was apparently a salesman sample and it in most Rawlings outlets but this is a nice placeholder until that shows up lol :) Maybe someday I'll stumble across a double of my SLCS fielder glove but at the rate these have been selling I doubt it. I am surprised that more dont pop up from unassuming folks though. Its only been a couple years since the cease in the program and ya gotta figure a ton were sold and not all to collectors either. Even if I never own another, at least its still cool to check out and marvel at other peoples!!! Good stuff!!!

Big Mac himself?

Mizuno MZG008

Rawllings PRO–JR24

Collection
Lots–O’ Traps

Last edited:

JuniorSwingman

Part Time Player

Big Mac himself?

Mizuno MZG008

Rawllings PRO–JR24

Collection
Lots–O’ Traps

I'm very curious and a rookie when it comes to high end gloves. How can I order a Mizuno Pro Order glove?

JuniorSwingman

Part Time Player
Check out swallow sports, and google custom mizuno, there are some posts. They are costly though. I picked this one up used.

F

How reliable are Swallow Sports? Also, how is the quality of the leather on the Mizunos on the Swallow Sports website?

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
How reliable are Swallow Sports? Also, how is the quality of the leather on the Mizunos on the Swallow Sports website?

I know some people on the forum have used them, but just search custom Mizuno pro or Mizuno Pro Order or Swallow sports, you should find some info there

F

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
From what I have heard, there is a email address to ask questions in English. The guy who responds is really good at getting the order and shipping figured out.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is a repost:

imagejpg1_zpse4bbf74d.jpg

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
In a nutshell (and in no particular order), I really like BM-76's, 504's, NP1225SL's, mocha 435's, 12TC's, 1781's and (as of a couple days ago) TF21's.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe

Big Mac himself?

Mizuno MZG008

Rawllings PRO–JR24

Collection
Lots–O’ Traps

Fred what distinguished a TB24 from a TB24D?

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Don't quote me, but I think this is right around the time they started making these overseas and I thought the "d" stood for domestic. Made on the USA.

F

you are correct. Oddly enough, if you look at the model #'s on my 6hf s one is pro6hf, and the other is 6hfd. Like you mentioned and were then quoted, once they went over seas some added the D. What I never understood is if they still utilize the Made in USA stamp... doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the D?
Also, as far as tan goes.. for whatever reason the D ones I've seen also have a much darker leather. Far and away My favorite time period for rawlings. Still had the USA, circle logos and RAWLINGS script all classic looking on the thumb. Best of all that leather!!!!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Hah, who new I retained some knowledge in there somewhere.

I agree with you Mac, I love the Round Rawlings logo, with the script.
F