Just league bro

dunkky

On behalf of all dfw softball beer leaguers, i apolozise for their childish behavior.

I would have taken that walk gladly and allow my teammate to make him pay for it. Otherwise, stfu and swing anything close if u dont want to walk.

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
A little context... the batter and catcher are buddies. The umpire is usually an instigator on the field and one of the biggest trash talkers around when he’s playing or hanging out at the park. He’s even been in trouble before for talking trash while umpiring.

There’s a big police station right across the street, so altercations at this park are typically responded to by law enforcement almost immediately. The director sometimes calls them out if he notices things getting chippy so their presence can discourage this type of stuff.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
its a ***** move to run your mouth after getting walked

I woulda got punched for laughing at him, dumb move to walk me.

Notice that everyone teamate for guy on the ground did not stop to check him, just went after the pitcher?

Sloth91

from what i read on another page the pitcher was being bitchy all night, batter and catcher are friends and were joking around the whole at bat. someone alleged the batter spit in the pitcher's face, but he doesn't seem to react to anything, just the two of them jawing back and forth. we can't hear what was said but i'll assume the pitcher was provoked somehow. either way, slowpitch softball is serious business, guys

AntonChigurh

from what i read on another page the pitcher was being bitchy all night, batter and catcher are friends and were joking around the whole at bat. someone alleged the batter spit in the pitcher's face, but he doesn't seem to react to anything, just the two of them jawing back and forth. we can't hear what was said but i'll assume the pitcher was provoked somehow. either way, slowpitch softball is serious business, guys
Was he arrested?

What a cheap shot. If you’re gonna pop someone, at least take your mask off and give them a chance to defend themselves. People don’t get dropped like that when they see a punch coming.

Sloth91

Was he arrested?

What a cheap shot. If you’re gonna pop someone, at least take your mask off and give them a chance to defend themselves. People don’t get dropped like that when they see a punch coming.

i believe he was later on. word is he scurried to his car real quick after the game and dipped before anyone could find him

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
A little context... the batter and catcher are buddies. The umpire is usually an instigator on the field and one of the biggest trash talkers around when he’s playing or hanging out at the park. He’s even been in trouble before for talking trash while umpiring.

There’s a big police station right across the street, so altercations at this park are typically responded to by law enforcement almost immediately. The director sometimes calls them out if he notices things getting chippy so their presence can discourage this type of stuff.
This is why softball is dying...

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like they went after the pitcher, wish they would have scanned that way. You can hear the guy in the background say he's got a helmet on or something like that. Cops should have been called right at that time, guy should have been charged with assault. Just stupid.