Just putting it out there.

IBUNT

Addicted to Softballfans
Was going through my bats a little tonight and my 34/25 fp11sy9 has lime green and yellow paint too.... and it weighs 24.5 oz w/OG grip. So it might be possible you got a repainted fp11sy9 which would be interesting.

That's what I've been getting at this whole time....

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
What if the 2012 bats passed the old standard with zero endload, but failed with an endload? Now another what if, what if they meet the new standard limits with the endload? It is proven endload can affect the testing results.

Then all this crying is in vain. Until the Easton is clearly taken off the ASA throne, I'm cool with it. I don't know how much hotter you weirdos actually want a bat to be lol.

I agree here. I sent in an SRV5 & got back an SP13X2 today, w/ the date code 0812. I have not peeled the grip off yet, but if I got an SY98H w/ some endload, this guy is pretty happy. (Isn't an SY98H better than an SRV5?) I have been told that my league & tourneys will still be hitting the .44 375 balls this coming season. Not an issue from what I can tell. I also believe that adding endload to an existing bat can change the performance to exceed previous standards. Like said before, this is just a return for me so I have no ill feelings about this.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
Could they have just been using the leftover handles of last years with a different barrel?

Rawyzf

<font color="blue">Coach</font>
I've read through a bunch of this, mostly regarding the ASA sticks.

Do you think the USSSA PB Eastons will be repaints too?

quick23

Maybe w/ the two piece bats but I don't see how they could do that w/ a one piece bat.

Only thing I can think of on Easton's behalf, is that they labeled the shells 1st, then had to scratch of the '12 model number. Other than that they have been caught w/ their pants down...

OnlySolo

You mad?
They are repaints plain and simple no defending it. Prob plenty of reason they only had a limited supply of them and were approved for all associations

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
Is your Fu Dawg better than the 2013 asa eastons????

Well as of today I will say yes. It IS better than your Ultra ASA for sure. I have had the chance to swing my FU-DAWG & like it alot @ about 180 hits. I just received my SP13X2 today. It is in the 40s & I doubt I will hit the Easton in those kind of temps. If I had to swing one of them in the first day of spring as they sit in my bag... Yes, I would swing the DAWG. After I get some time w/ the Easton, that may change. But we will see. Here is what my new X2 looks like under the grip:

DSCN2906_zpsc358e0fd.jpg

It looks like they are getting better w/ this, but it is definitely sanded over & flat, then painted over w/ black. On the other hand, I think this 27 oz actually has an endload compared to my last Salvo. I am looking forward to getiing some cuts w/ it.

Lord7

Banned User
Well as of today I will say yes. It IS better than your Ultra ASA for sure. I have had the chance to swing my FU-DAWG & like it alot @ about 180 hits. I just received my SP13X2 today. It is in the 40s & I doubt I will hit the Easton in those kind of temps. If I had to swing one of them in the first day of spring as they sit in my bag... Yes, I would swing the DAWG. After I get some time w/ the Easton, that may change. But we will see. Here is what my new X2 looks like under the grip:

DSCN2906_zpsc358e0fd.jpg

It looks like they are getting better w/ this, but it is definitely sanded over & flat, then painted over w/ black. On the other hand, I think this 27 oz actually has an endload compared to my last Salvo. I am looking forward to getiing some cuts w/ it.

Still looks like you can see the red from the sy98h paint scheme up on the handle a bit. I just bought another s2 and x2 because they are so cheap these days.

IBUNT

Addicted to Softballfans
Question... Has anyone gotten a 26oz xl2 repaint yet? If they are adding.end weight, isn't it gonna be hard to keep a 26 near it's sticker weight?
Easton told me due to the weight im getting in my return, I shouldn't expect it till near February... My return was setup in mid October if that helps...

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
My return for my S2 was set up Sept 1 and its not coming until Feb 1. Good thing is they are extending my RA so ill get the full 6 months out of it. Hopefully it won't be a repaint. Either way it will b a great bat. Just piece of mind.

Lord7

Banned User
My return for my S2 was set up Sept 1 and its not coming until Feb 1. Good thing is they are extending my RA so ill get the full 6 months out of it. Hopefully it won't be a repaint. Either way it will b a great bat. Just piece of mind.

They gave me a february return date and the bat is already at my house so I bet you won't have to wait that long.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
what an ingenious move by Easton. Take old stock, re-paint them as 'new' with a cheaper price/lower warranty. Perfect way to clear stock at the end of the year.. ha

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
So, when the weather got good on New Year's eve, we swung all of my bats except for the X2. We were hitting .44 375s. Was hitting the ball well. Just could not get any out of the yard. Hit the fence in the air w/ the FU & Ressy several times. I could not resist... I took the last 5 cuts of BP w/ the wrapper still on & no grip installed, (cuz I had to see what the model # was). My first hit w/ it went about 330'. The last 4 were hard shots through the infield as I was trying to stay on top of them. Basically, straight out of the wrapper, no tape, & no GnR installed, the X2 is crazy. It felt like my webbed up, spiraled up SRV5 did. IJS. Lord7, I changed up my Signature as of New Year's Eve. Check it out!

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
so which bat did you hit it 330 with?

^^

Yeah, kinda confusing. I caved & swung the SP13X2 for the last 5. That is the one straight in the wrapper that I did that with. For having 0 hits on it & not set up like I would hit any other bat I own, it has pretty good pop.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
They are repaints plain and simple no defending it. Prob plenty of reason they only had a limited supply of them and were approved for all associations

When did you work in Taiwan as a bat maker? I must have missed that week cuz I certainly would have had you sneak me out a few! I have heard the "handles being reused w/different barrels" theory from an Easton rep. IDK, personally, I think the X2 is a SY98H WITH an EL which does make it a different animal all together. As for the S1 Stealths, those handles I can easily see being reused with a different barrel. The handle technology has not changed this year, just the barrels.

At the end of the day, many manufacturers have repainted bats. I had an OG May98 that was green under the orange pint lol. Clearly a booger. I had a SCX3 OG Extended that was green like the CNT+ under the grey paint. These are two examples of USSSA bats that were repainted by the factory as ASA bats and ended up in my hands. If ever a bat line was to be repainted, Easton can do much worse than repainting last years line. Quit crying, they are still the best ASA bats on the market that have been proven.