Just thought I would share this...

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
This quote was stolen from carolinaslowpitch.com and I honestly feel the exact same way.

Hello everyone. I couldnt help but to register on this message board after reading for years and my days of playing and being involved with tournaments. My 1st topic is everyone complaining about whos in the tournament, game times , etc. I will admit theres been some teams sandbagging or "slipping" into the tournament in alot of situations. I wont name any specific directors name or the sanction but i seen 1st hand this year where a team slipped in and the director sent them packing. I thought that was top-notch and set an example rather than let them keep playing and beating up on other teams. What justice does that give you anyway? I know evenly matched teams beat each other in 3-5 innings on any given day. My point is what kind of player/team does it make you by beating up on other teams a class or 2 below you. Overall the classifications have looked pretty decent. Next lets talk about these 145 pound men/boys hitting the ball 350 ft. I know theres a few that can Legit do that, but come on people, Does it really make you feel like a man swinging a shaved bat, and risking someones job, or life, just so you can hit the ball that far or 587 mph through the infield? Why dont you hand the other team YOUR shaved bat and pitch to them and see how you like that. We as a softball family need to implement a better way of monitoring this situation. Hardly anyone is gonna spend the money to protest a bat, so we should find a way. I was spectating a tournament just 2 weeks ago and overheard players in the dugout bragging about how good of a job they done shaving a bat, then a player from another team gave the person a bat to shave. Shameful. Last but not least, people, a backyard tournament is a BACKYARD! Aka Outlaw softball. Im always hearing of teams entering a backyard and asking whos in the tournament, and your team aint playing if this or that person or team is playing in it. For that matter, play sanction and dont waste anyones time. Last i checked, backyard is bringing your best 10-11 guys, stocking the cooler, laying back and having fun, and make a day out of it. If you win you win, lose you lose. Good luck the remainder of the season!