keep the recoil or move on

Softball.com:

Moore34

Remember. KCCO.
Here's the scoop, i picked up a 26oz maxload ASA recoil.. stiff as a brick.. the endload is alot more than I like.. should i just keep and get accustom to swinging it or get something else? What would y'all do? Seems these arent very popular trade bait..

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab
If it is just a stiffness thing, I say keep it and BP the crap out it. It will reward you soon enough.

jstrong

They love to hate me
Recoils are very good once broken in but if your saying the end load is too much you need to move on.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
endload too much on a 26 recoil? i had a 27 supermax and it barely felt endloaded at all. not good trade bait? i thought asa recoils were top sticks. wtf?

x25

Addicted to Softballfans
endload too much on a 26 recoil? i had a 27 supermax and it barely felt endloaded at all. not good trade bait? i thought asa recoils were top sticks. wtf?

Might not be 'endload' per se (Recoils refer to flex more than actual EL anyway, w/ the 250 thing), but it's probably heavier than sticker, making it feel that way.

My 27oz weighs like 28.3.

Moore34

Remember. KCCO.
Might not be 'endload' per se (Recoils refer to flex more than actual EL anyway, w/ the 250 thing), but it's probably heavier than sticker, making it feel that way.

My 27oz weighs like 28.3.

this precisely, its a 26 that feels like a 28oz.. which is odd because i use a 28oz EST at times.. just an extreme endload that is just not cool..

as far as them being great trade bait, i haven't had a single pm referring to it

Zach36

Addicted to Softballfans
Recoils are sick when broken in but it will take alot of bp. If it doesn't fit your swing I would say trade it for something more to your liking. A broken in recoil is a top ASA bat but that won't matter if it doesn't fit your swing.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
As far as trade bait, all the ban talk is killing bat values. You need to wait until after October when ASA decides on pre-ABI bats and whether they will be legal. If it's still legal, you'll get your $$$ worth then....but if they're declared illegal, you're screwed.

Such is the chance you take.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Peddle it, won't get anything for it but getting another top asa bat on the cheap is easy right now. Go for a Mayhem 98 if you can find one, balanced and hot.