Kelly's Bleachers Big Bend Update

KB-BigBend

A few changes have taken place this past week that I wanted to update everyone with. The fields at Kelly's Bleachers Big Bend will be sanctioned by the Global Sports League (GSL Softball) with all weekday leagues to feature a 44/375 ball or better (Monday league) in addition to bats marked "1.20BPF" or less in addition to New Stamp ASA bats for weekday leagues. Traditional "banned bat" rule will apply for bats marked 1.20 but since outlawed (ie, Miken Ultra, Ultra 2, etc.) since manufactured.

Tournament schedule will be posted shortly and follow GSL bat and ball rules. Please take some time to visit the GSL softball website to familiarize yourself with the association.

One feature will be the DHH (Designated Home Run Hitter) for each team. Another will be a 6 foot floating pitchers mound behind the pitcher's rubber with an arc limit of 5-10 feet.

To learn more visit www.gslsoftball.com

Additionally, there are plans to host an annual All-Star game during the July 4th week comprised of players from various teams/nights of the weekday league. A year end tournament for all league teams and a "Tournament of Champions" for any league champion from any softball league in the WI/IL locale.

Thanks everyone and stay tuned for more information.

KB-BigBend

Just want it to be a park you guys can enjoy. GSL will offer something that isn't around locally and hopefully give players another league format to choose from. The goal is to solidfy things here very shortly (rules). Would you guys prefer 70' base paths over 65' given the bat and ball rules in GSL? 70' is the direction I'm currently leaning. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Looking for a Wednesday or Thursday night team.

I can pitch, play 3rd, rc, right, or willing to catch. I have been known to hit a softball.

Last edited:

KB-BigBend

Mike....you're the man!!!

Sincerely,

Bigus

Glad your happy.....and just to clarify, Kelly (Kelly's Bleachers) is the man. I'm just trying to help out on the softball side and make things fun for all of us around the area who enjoy softball.

DRKS1D3

Addicted to Softballfans
Hell ya. We brought our new Berlin fun team to Monday nights at ******. Can't wait.