Kendrick = GAMER

House00

Slingin' lead!
Finally looks like it's starting to break in pretty good and it is BAD!!

That is all

i just got an offer for one of these... the only combat ive ever owned was a derby boys... i have swung a dan smith, supremacy, BBGV and og B1...

i also see u have a m75120... how dos the kendrick compare to that performance wise??

Audissey

Addicted to Softballfans
i love me gsr. i HATED it when i first got it but once it opened up, i couldn't put it down. now i got my DS and it looks like it'll be my gamer from now on.

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
i just got an offer for one of these... the only combat ive ever owned was a derby boys... i have swung a dan smith, supremacy, BBGV and og B1...

i also see u have a m75120... how dos the kendrick compare to that performance wise??

Totally different bats. I'm not the biggest Worth fan in the world. Now that the Kendrick is almost fully broken in it's getting pretty nasty. Right now I think the main thing is just that the 26 oz FL just fits my swing perfectly. I have a buddy on my team who hates Combat and he has pretty much fallen in love with the GSR. I hit a HR to center tonight and he ran out of the dugout "WAS THAT THE KENDRICK!?!? WAS THAT THE KENDRICK!?!?!" He was so excited :D

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
i love me gsr. i HATED it when i first got it but once it opened up, i couldn't put it down. now i got my DS and it looks like it'll be my gamer from now on.

I hear you. I fell in love with Combat b/c of the soft feel but the GSR is much stiffer than most of the ones I've liked. Maybe my preference is changing. I have a 27FL JMAC Plague with around 200 hits all webbed up that I would love to get back to swinging but right now I like the 26FL and stiffer barrel for some reason.

Never hit a DS but I hear they are nasty too.

fast.blue

Panty Dropping Shots
I hear you. I fell in love with Combat b/c of the soft feel but the GSR is much stiffer than most of the ones I've liked. Maybe my preference is changing. I have a 27FL JMAC Plague with around 200 hits all webbed up that I would love to get back to swinging but right now I like the 26FL and stiffer barrel for some reason.

Never hit a DS but I hear they are nasty too.

You should. .

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
I am loving my gsr right now too.

Hotter and hotter she gets. I went 3-4 tonight and my bro in law swung it twice. DBO Homerun and linedrive single. After our game we saw a guy on the other team had one and was taking BP with it after he saw us hitting it. :cool:

So suffice it to say...the Kendrick is without a doubt my gamer till the end of the season at least. It's just nasty and people are falling in love with it left and right. Not to mention I went from my worst slump ever to getting out 3x in 3 games since I started swinging it...pretty much I'm around 11-14 since it's become my gamer.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
Lots of exciting info in this thread I just received a NIW GSR and can't wait to hit it. I unfortunately am out for the foreseeable future so i'll have plenty of time to get it game ready. How many hits does this bad boy usually take to get to THAT point? (I know it'll depend on my swing but a general idea would be much appreciated.)

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
200-300 depending on your swing. And every bat is different. Some seemed to open closer to 100 and others have taken longer.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
200-300 depending on your swing. And every bat is different. Some seemed to open closer to 100 and others have taken longer.

Right on. Thanks Monger. Yeah man, i'm probably going to be closer to the high end of that range since i have to swing slower now to make sure i make contact. This is why i cant play
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1083799

********Beware the pictures may be a little unsettling for some*****

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
Good luck with that eye bro.

But to repeat what Monger said, around 200-300 seems to be about the normal break in period. I was told it had 50 on it when I got it and it's now got around 200 or just over and is really rewarding me right now. Little stiff at first but when it starts warming up you start getting that nice Combat "crack!" when you hit the ball. Man I love that sound...

slobones

Addicted to Softballfans
Love love love my GSR. Thing is my gamer and I love it. I can put a great tailing slice on the ball when I go oppo with this bat. Bad for my golf game great for dumping the ball into the right field corner! This bat is the real deal once you get used to it being a little stiffer it's a great bat.